Logos Bible Software

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I have a love/hate attitude towards Logos. I love the library and hate their application. I stopped upgrading at Logos 4. L3 was horrible (barely Windows 95 quality in an XP world), so I eagerly awaited L4. What a disappointment. IMO they didn't fix what was wrong with L3, and just went off in another direction. If I could pay money to convert my library so that I could use it on another platform that is easier and more intuitive to use, I would. I don't need or want all of their bells and whistles; I just want it to be intuitive and easy to use. For some reason that just went over their heads. For instance, I can't highlight a word, then right-click and select Word Study. Ridiculous. I can't express the grief I went through trying to conform to their idea of what they thought software should be. I won't beat my head against the wall anymore because of them.
One problem I have found with all Bible software is that the support for Apple Mac is poor. They usually only work on old
Apple OS versions so if you are using anything after Snow Leopard forget it.

Aug 15, 2009
I think everyone has to follow what the Lord is leading them to do individually. Whether you go to bible school or to a seminary or you stay home is all irrelevant . Each of us has a role to play. If we are to be a hand...the eye is not more important. We all have a part in the Body of Christ.

The reality with all bible schools or seminaries is that you get what the teachers believe themselves. For example - you go to a school that does not believe in speaking in tongues....they will teach all their students the same thing....and thus you get a whole bunch of people armed with the truth of God how tongues is not for today. And of course everyone that believes in speaking in tongues is in serious error.

And this goes for any doctrine in the church. They will say.."You do not have sound doctrine..like me..so you are led astray"....it's the nature of the beast.

Even if one knows all the intricacies of the original languaes...it is still spiritually discerned. The natural mind cannot receive the things of God. Jesus told the disciples 14 times he was going to die and they still didn't get it!....lol...Us humans eh?

So, you see...we are back to relying on the Holy Spirit to guide us. Be open to receive the word of God and to repent to believe what the Lord is showing us. But we should be searching the scriptures to see if what is being said is the truth.

Let's be Berean-like sons and daughters of our Lord!

Acts 17:11 (NASB)
[SUP]11 [/SUP] Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.
Well said!

I look in the Bible & find some apostles & disciples that rejected all their previous religious training & followed Jesus for 3 1/2 years, & had a baptism in the Spirit on the day of Pentecost. They turned their world upside down for Jesus.

Acts 4:5-14 (KJV)
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And it came to pass on the morrow, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes, [SUP]6 [/SUP]And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem. [SUP]7 [/SUP]And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? [SUP]8 [/SUP]Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, [SUP]9 [/SUP]If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; [SUP]10 [/SUP]Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. [SUP]11 [/SUP]This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. [SUP]12 [/SUP]Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. [SUP]13 [/SUP]Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. [SUP]14 [/SUP]And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.

The main point here to me is that the disciples had been with Jesus. All of their training from a child could not equal what the disciples had from a single visitation of the Holy Spirit. This alone should settle the issue..... but alas, some would rather be taught by men with man-made degrees.

I won't knock seminary..... but to put it above a Holy Spirit baptism IMO is idolatry-like. Such a dependency should only be on the Lord, & not a man.

Last edited: