love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nw2u

Jullianna, you're gonna need an aspirin after this. :) Great thoughts. Thank you.

N

nw2u

Sadly, the world doesn't know love. God is love and they don't know God. So, I would say the worldly definition of love doesn't provide much.
Thought it might help clarify some of the previous posts.

J

Jullianna

Jullianna, you're gonna need an aspirin after this. :) Great thoughts. Thank you.

Thank you :) It's been very discouraging. These may very well be among my last posts.

My apologies if I said anything to anyone that was remotely unkind.

J

Jemuel

Thank you :) It's been very discouraging. These may very well be among my last posts.

Juliana hello!!!!! i would love to see your posts and like them....;)..Let us keep the fire burning

Blessings,

Jemuel

J

Jullianna

How very sweet. Thank you.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Choosing to be self-less covers the second. Really, choosing to embrace the want covers the first. The want alone seems to fall under the same category as the excitement, "the start of love" not what it truly is.

Since neither action you describe is selfless, I would agree it does not epitomize love. :)
The other half of my point is that you can want to help someone, want to make them happy... but be unable to actually do so. I don't think that's any less loving than actually helping someone or making them happy... even though wanting to help them is a feeling, and not an action. Kind of like what Liamson said.

But that's all. I've promised that this thread wouldn't see any of my bickering. :)

Feb 10, 2008
The other half of my point is that you can want to help someone, want to make them happy... but be unable to actually do so. I don't think that's any less loving than actually helping someone or making them happy... even though wanting to help them is a feeling, and not an action. Kind of like what Liamson said.

But that's all. I've promised that this thread wouldn't see any of my bickering. :)
I would say, and believe, that love is meaningless without action.

Honestly, though, I don't think you can isolate one action or scenario and define love by it. Love is not a firework, it doesn't flash in a moment and then disappear. So, just because each and every action is not directed at "loving" that person, and just because not all "loving" actions are possible doesn't change what love is.

Perhaps we have hit on a weakness in my communication and explanation of my stance. In an attempt to explain I have also taken the scenario based approach. I will try and find some time to try and refine this approach and explain it in the more broad, sweeping terms that I think of it in.

And you are far from bickering miss poppy.

N

nw2u

???Last posts???

B

Brandon777

I'm confused about my faith. I made no personal attacks and I wasn't "tit for tat bickering" whatever that is... you guys are too sensitive. Real life issues sometimes sound harsh *shutters* I was really helped, and there was progress made. And although no one has said so, I'm sure people have considered new things based on what I said too. So yeah.

I know someone who was harassed to the point of almost leaving the site for good, and the mods did nothing. tit for tat bickering is NOT a big deal, even if that is what we were doing.