Mark Driscoll's 'Empire' Is Imploding! He's making announcement today (8/24)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 20, 2014
In all of this, we shouldn't rejoice when Christian leaders fall, but pray for them and support them where possible. If they need time away with God, that should be seen as a very good thing. I certainly don't agree with Mark Driscoll on everything, but he has a lot of really good teachings. We need to be discerning but also loving. More love, guys. More love informed by God's truth.
I think it is incumbent on the church, meaning the body of the faithful to Christ, to recognize false teachers. And when a leader is found out to be contrary to what his office requires so that he serve in the light of Christ, he should be rebuked.
Driscoll's behaviors aren't just a slip. They're willful trespass on righteous conduct and honorable behavior. Plagiarism is theft.
That's just one charge against him.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
well, as I have said, I enjoyed his teachings, but he has been involved in a lot of sketchy things lately. Hope and pray he gets things turned around.

Aug 20, 2014
well, as I have said, I enjoyed his teachings, but he has been involved in a lot of sketchy things lately. Hope and pray he gets things turned around.
Indeed. I feel for his family. Particularly his children. This has to be very confusing for young minds and hearts to fathom in their way.

Jun 30, 2011
Did we get the attention we wanted in this post?

Are we glorying in someones down fall?

Are we shooting the wounded?

Are we downplaying someone so we feel better about ourselves?

Are we God's messengers of reconciliation and hope or Satan's footmen hoping someone falls so we can jump on it as soon as we can?

Aug 20, 2014
We are discussing what Mark Driscoll brought to our attention.
We're doing nothing greater than he has done, nor those who oversee his conduct have done or are planning to do as they investigate him.
There is no sin here in this discussion.

Matthew 18:15-20

If Your Brother Sins Against You

[SUP]15 [/SUP]“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. [SUP]16 [/SUP]But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. [SUP]17 [/SUP]If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. [SUP]18 [/SUP]Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed[SUP][a][/SUP] in heaven. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. [SUP]20 [/SUP]For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Sometimes I stumble.
Sometimes I fall.
Sometimes I crash.
Every time it happens, I reach up and I find my Savior's hand there to pull me up.
I pray that this man will reach up and find the hand that is waiting to pull him up.
I pray that this church will reach up and find the hand that is waiting to pull it up.
I pray that the community served by this church will reach up and find the hand that is waiting to pull it up.

2 Chronicles 7:14 "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."