Matthew 7:15 How do you recognize a wolf in sheep's clothing?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

Do you know what happens when sheep devour sheep?

They get scrapie:

USDA - APHIS - Animal Health - Scrapie

NSEI: Scrapie Fact Sheet

Early signs include subtle changes in behavior or temperament. These changes may be followed by scratching and rubbing against fixed objects, apparently to relieve itching. Other signs are loss of coordination, weight loss despite retention of appetite, biting of feet and limbs, lip smacking, and gait abnormalities, including high-stepping of the forelegs, hopping like a rabbit, and swaying of the back end.
An infected animal may appear normal if left undisturbed at rest. However, when stimulated by a sudden noise, excessive movement, or the stress of handling, the animal may tremble or fall down in a convulsive like state
just found it interesting to study the affects of canibalism......

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Jesus asked us to be careful of "wolves in sheep's cloth", not wolves who are as they are. Aethists and other people who does not believe in God, is not what Jesus was talking abt. He was talking abt people who do things in the name of God, but inside they will be having something else. So that might be Christians only (mere christians)

Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

So they prophesies in the name of Jesus Christ, those who cast out devils and do wonderful things in the name of Jesus. They are not such people who says "Jesus is not the lord" or "there is no God".So we have to be careful with people who preach the Gospel, but are bad inside.

What God wants from us is to help others and show the love of God to the destitutes and the lost. That would be the good fruits. along with love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,Meekness, temperance: (Gal 5:22-23)

We will know the wolves in sheep's cloth with the money they made by taking God's name, the luxurious life they live, with their negligence toward poor and needy etc.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Thanks for the advise brother. God bless u.

But i have a question, how can we expect truth to be revealed to everyone. Like the OP asked how can men find the wolves in sheep's cloth? they are all in the churches, nowhere else. And common men like us go and listen to these wolves in sheep's cloth. They are stopping people from knowing the truth.

I have problem with only these people, the church pastors and preachers and evangelists. Everything they teach is against the word of God. People are used to believing what they have taught in the church. How many of these common men understands that these churches are only there for making money? Just to show they might have few orphanages, elderly home. But is that enuf?
As Christ said to the disciples if they are preaching Christ the Messiah's name, a divided Kingdom can't stand. Satan casting out Satan.
So those that truly want to know God, God will bring those to the truth, and those that are just out for the self using God's name in vain, whoever they are will be exposed if they do not repent and put their trust in God through Christ

So pray for the Harvest and just Love all and be led by Chirst as in what to do and what to say as you go here in this world with a pure heart.
[h=3]Matthew 10:16-20[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]16 [/SUP]Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. [SUP]17 [/SUP]But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; [SUP]18 [/SUP]and ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. [SUP]19 [/SUP]But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. [SUP]20 [/SUP]For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Hi again Homewardbound,

Have you ever considered that Paul addressed believers at different points in their walk?

He addressed babes in Christ, who go from the milk of the word to the meat, he address carnal Christians, and he addressed more mature believers.

There should be changes as we mature and grow in Christ. As HE teaches us, and guides us, and instructs us and even corrects us! If Christ Jesus sets us free, we shall be free indeed. We are no-longer bound to sin, but purged and cleansed. Christ is faithful to finish the good work that HE has started in us.

John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
John 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

It's through obedience! believing the word! and doing it! Not of ourselves but with Christ JESUS. HE has overcome the world, and with HIM abiding in HIM, we are overcomers!

Matthew 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Matthew 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Romans 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Philippians 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
So let's ask God for our growth and see what is said to us in Hebrews 5:10-6:6
Hebrews 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.
So yes we all need to grow in God's amazing grace, appreciating this and not taking it for granted, or using it for an occasion for the flesh to sin
Thanks, for the reminder

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
When you hear 'em howl
God is our teacher
Hebrews 8:11 and they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more

As you seek out the discernment from God you will learn the difference between truth and error as we do go through error(s) many as we learn it took Abraham 29 years before he was 100% sure of God's voice through trial and error.
Therefore when we make error(s) let us learn from them asking God and believing God will reveal truth to us and we will be free in truth of God from God through Christ.
When one does believe, they see and receive the new life that God gives us by the resurrection of Christ in the Spirit of God. and we worship God as is the only way god can be worshipped today in Spirit and truth

1. John 4:23
    But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
    John 4:22-24 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
    John 4:23-25 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  3. John 14:17 even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
    John 14:16-18 (in Context) John 14 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  4. John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Peace be with you, is when you hear them speak about only the good news in the Holy Bible, The rest is never highlighted for submission and order in the church Holy Scripturally. Also is when they speak contradicting to the Holy Scriptural Teachings of the New Covenant.
For example;
1. i hear a church Leader say, and may GOD forgive him, that this is our home. But the Holy Scripture say; "we are foreigners here on earth".
2. i hear a man of GOD say; 'Know the truth and the truth shall set you free.' But JESUS starts off with this; "If you abide in my Words.........................", first.
3. And many more.
If the Holy Spirit never teach me the Holy Bible, i would walk blindly today believing in whatever they say. What they say may seem not harmful to others but they differ from what the Holy Scripture quotes and it is the beginning of deceit planting.
JESUS was not wrong to say; "A thief only comes to rob, kill and destroy but i came to give life, life in it's fullest."
Please note the thief's gradual efforts to devour someone..
Thanks

So ask God to discern and make us wise as serpents, but harmless as doves, being led by God only through the Holy Ghost our new hidden man of our new hearts, a gift from God to us through the resurrected Christ

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Love u brother. The correct verse u gave:)
Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

And I love the rest of the verses here to verse 20, God (Christ) telling us how to trust and trusting for God to give us the right words at the right moment so that none of the opponents can logically reply.
I find this a continual learning process while here on earth, yet citizenship is in heaven

[h=3]Matthew 10:16-20[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]16 [/SUP]Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. [SUP]17 [/SUP]But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; [SUP]18 [/SUP]and ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. [SUP]19 [/SUP]But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. [SUP]20 [/SUP]For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

I definitely believe that these verses are for all of us that believe to trust God to not only live in us, more importantly through us. It does take one's free will though, Christ intervenes for us constantly when it comes to being forgiven. But it takes us to believe, asking God to give us the new life God came to give us, and does this through the resurrected Christ, if we are willing to die to self so that The Holy Ghost can and does live through us as in the day of Pentecost and 3,000 were saved.
Was that not God living through the disciples or not?