Mormons

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

richie_2uk

Is this christian chat site for mormons or christians? because i'm so confused, I started speaking to someone, who i've later found out is a mormon, and I aint, now I don't know what to do, because I always got told by my dad they aren't consideredto be 'christian's, and that they follow different stuff, and things like that. I want to carry on talking to this friend on here, he offers a lot of useful advice and helps me, but I should be careful so my dad says. Any help on this?
No its not all Morman. I would not be here if it was, However this is a multi Christian chat site. So you have different denominations and different faiths and beliefs here.

R

richie_2uk

Are mormons considerd christians?
I know some nice people who are Mormons, Jehovah Witness, and they are Christ like in there actions and care and love for other people. However what's considered not Christian is there Doctrine they believe in. But in the world of Christianity, like Mormon, Jehovah witness, Catholic, they all consider themselves as Christians. Christian means, is to be Christ like, so if the person what ever religion they are, is being Christ like, then I guess they can call themselves Christian. Its just there doctrine that puts a lot of people's mind to judge, and to point finger.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I know some nice people who are Mormons, Jehovah Witness, and they are Christ like in there actions and care and love for other people. However what's considered not Christian is there Doctrine they believe in. But in the world of Christianity, like Mormon, Jehovah witness, Catholic, they all consider themselves as Christians. Christian means, is to be Christ like, so if the person what ever religion they are, is being Christ like, then I guess they can call themselves Christian. Its just there doctrine that puts a lot of people's mind to judge, and to point finger.

Christians are to believe in Jesus...that means what he has done and who he is.... Mormons deny who he really is and we he has really done and for what purpose. so therefore not Christian.

That sounds harsh..but its the truth..it would not be loving not to tell the truth.

R

richie_2uk

Christians are to believe in Jesus...that means what he has done and who he is.... Mormons deny who he really is and we he has really done and for what purpose. so therefore not Christian.

That sounds harsh..but its the truth..it would not be loving not to tell the truth.
I know they deny Jesus. hence why I said that there doctrine is not right. its because of there doctrine the reason why they deny Jesus. However Christian is to be Christ like. that means going out to preach the Gospel, I know the Mormon church and Jehovah's Is mislead by wrong doctrine, however they still being Christ like by going out to preach the gospel, however wrong they are. That's what I mean By Christian is to be Christ Like.,

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Let me remind you what scripture says:

Our own good works are as filthy rags..

If they have a false view of Jesus then they are not actually being Like Jesus..they are just working at being moral. That's not Christian nor is it Christ likeness.