OSAS true or false?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
small mind ....

smaller mind

smallest mind......
you don't know God....

15 Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Well it's a classic tactic when you cannot present a coherent argument to refute the premise to attack the poster. God loves little children. Tender innocent children will not be condemned by God. It is insane to teach that God is a villain.

If you had any Godly wisdom you would perceive that God had the children of Amalek killed to spare them. The infant and the suckling would have grown up to be like their parents and sinned against God. God rescued their souls before they had opportunity to sin. That is grace, mercy and pity toward those who cannot deserve it not ever come to merit it.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Nov 23, 2013
Well it's a classic tactic when you cannot present a coherent argument to refute the premise to attack the poster. God loves little children. Tender innocent children will not be condemned by God. It is insane to teach that God is a villain.

If you had any Godly wisdom you would perceive that God had the children of Amalek killed to spare them. The infant and the suckling would have grown up to be like their parents and sinned against God. God rescued their souls before they had opportunity to sin. That is grace, mercy and pity toward those who cannot deserve it not ever come to merit it.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
My two cents... the Amalakites were not human, they were giants.

john832

May 31, 2013
Whatever dude, clearly you don't know the words of God. Tell ya what, why don't you start your own thread on the topic and see what others think?
Why do that? We are talking about it here and now. I notice you don't really have a response to anything I have said. Claiming I do not understand does not win an argument.
Although Cycel and I don't agree, I respect his knowledge of the scripture. To say that is quite telling. I find him an engaging, personable fellow with whom I enjoy discussion.

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015

Here are some verses from start to end in Samuel on Amalek

Exodus 17:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this or a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.

Exodus 17:16 For he said,Because the LORD hath sworn that the LORD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation.

It shows the reason here

Duet 25:17 Remember what Amalek did unto thee
by the way, when ye were come forth out of Egypt;

Duet 25:18 How he met thee by the way, and smote the hindmost of thee, even all that were feeble behind thee, when thou wast faint and weary; and he feared not God.

So Amalek showed no mercy

Duet 25:19 Therefore it shall be, when the LORD thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget it.

1Sam 15:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel,how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

Therefore no mercy is being shown back

2Sam 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

He was even angry at Saul when His wrath wasnt executed here...

1Sam 28:18 Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the LORD done this thing unto thee this day.

Whereas Jeus said, ye have heard hate your enemies, but now I say unto love your enemies. There they were to execute his wrath, whereas we execute His mercy (avenging not ourselves but leaving room for wrath). But it also says judgment without mercy will be shown to those who have shown no mercy, And that seemed to be the start of the whole thing with Amalek (Because Amalek showed no mercy in Duet 25:17-18). It does speak of God being willing to show His wrath. And also what Saul did not do (in the very execution of it) which Samuel finishes as he says...

1Sam 15:3 And Samuel said, As thy sword hath made women childless, so shall thy mother be childless among women. And Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the LORD in Gilgal.

Even as it says...

Lev 24:20 Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.

And again...

Duet 19:21 And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Then Jesus says

Mat 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

His serverity and his goodness are shown, even as His wrath and his mercy are shown. In Amalek showing no mercy seemed to receive judgment without mercy. All judgment being given to the Son, being our King and captain, reminds them of what ye "have heard" but now of what He says to us.

Mar 28, 2014

For the cause of Christ
Roger
if you have any sense you would know what you said makes no sense....else God would have destroyed the world and saved us all...these were born with the sin nature.....it makes more sense to destroy the children seeing they would grow up to be as their parents...so you think God knowing that these will be evil will spare them on earth and place them in heaven to practice their evil there...
God concluded all under sin....God loves the world....but only those in Christ will be saved...all else will be destroyed....does that make God a villain?

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
When a person is Saved, is their name written in the Book of Life? Yes or No? YES is the correct answer.
Does the Bible teach a person can be blotted out of the Book of Life? Yes or No? YES it does teach that.

So simple children can understand it. Click HERE to see Scriptural proof.

^i^
Sorry but there are two books one is the book of life the other the Lambs book of life.
There is two books, One is the Book of Life, which is the same as the Lambs Book of Life. This book records all the names of ONLY those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. The Other Book is called the Book of Remembrance (Malichi 3:16). This book records every thought and deed of the person. So there are two Books as you said. But the Book of Life and the Lambs Book of Life are the exact same book. The Book of Remembrance records every idle word, every thought, every deed.

All are written into the book of life and all ones deeds are recorded there.
Sorry, that is not correct. The Book of Life contains the names of all those who are Saved. The Book of Remembrance records all the deeds and thoughts.

Only those who are saved are in the Lambs book of life. In this book none are blotted out ever.
Well i understand that is what you believe, the problem is, that is not what Scriptures teach. it would be in your best interest to study what Scriptures actually teach and not what men have told you.

Those who are judged at the GWT judgment are all condemned. The Lambs book of life is there to prove that the condemned are not written therein.
The Lambs Book of Life ( ie. The Book of Life) is there to show that there NAMES are not written therein, and the Book of Remembrance is there to reveal all their wicked thoughts and wicked deeds they have committed.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life (has the names): and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

^i^

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
When a person is Saved, is their name written in the Book of Life? Yes or No? YES is the correct answer.
Do you think there is actually a book?
Yes, i believe the Word of God and what it teaches, and the Scriptures teach there is a book. Not only one but several.
If i believed otherwise, then i do not believe the Word of God and what it teaches.

^i^

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
By the way, I agree with your original post. Of course, I don't believe in the notion of salvation but I do recognize that even those who fully accept Christ and see themselves as born again, can then lose their faith and become atheists. So, in this you are right. How does it feel to have an atheist agree with you on this matter. :)
Sir, why are you on a Christian message board if you are atheist?
Are you trying to convince those who believe in God that there is no God, it will never happen.
Are you here to argue, because you like to debate?
Are you here to cause strife?
What are you here for? i mean, you being an atheist, why are you even commenting on a Christian Message Board. Seriously i don't understand. i know True Atheists who do not believe there is a God at all, nor do they have anything to do with any Religion at all, They think it is all hogwash and want nothing to do with it. The last place you would ever find them is on a Christian Message Board. So why are you here?

^i^

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Hi,
It just seems to me that God doesn't really need to keep track of things in a book. It's not as if he has to look back to remind himself what he had written earlier. It is people who must keep ledgers and records, not God. My question then was, do you really think God needs to track information like this in a book? Books, after all are physical -- unless you imagine a spirit book? Imagining there is an actual book suggests there is a physical place the book is kept. Where would that be? It just seems to open a whole can of worms?
The problem is people misunderstand what Heaven is like. They think Spiritual, angels floating around on clouds. That they do not understand it is a very physical place. Air, Trees, buildings, streets, books, flowers, musical instruments. In the Future when the Earth becomes like the Garden of Eden again, the Earth will be a part of that physical Heaven, its footstool. Our Glorified Bodies even though Spiritual, will be 100% physical. The Angels that came to Abraham and sat under the shade of tree and ate with him, were physical, yet Angels nonetheless. The Ark of the covenant (physical) is even now in Heaven, sitting on a physical floor, with physical walls, and a physical ceiling. Heaven is like the Earth except without any sin, without any pain, without any suffering. Except what we see physically NOW is only 1/12 what Heaven is actually like. If you will receive it, each person who is accepted into His Kingdom will not only have a place in the New City Jerusalem for a thousand years to reign over the 144,000 on the Earth, but AFTER that each will get their own planet to call home, to design it however they see fit.
Heaven is not made of ghosts, and spirits floating around. It is very physical and yes the books are real.

^i^

Jun 30, 2011
How do we know a person is saved?
Is it not their life being lived out of fruit and endurance?

This question leads to other things like

-I need to speak in tongues to make sure I am saved - don't care that I am committing adultery

-no assurance of salvation, this week I am saved, but next week I am not

-I can act any way I want, and it's ok, there is no real standard

-if I just do x,y,z at all times i'll know I am saved

and all sorts of weird things.

Is the point of this post that you really want to know, or you want to let everyone know why they are wrong and you are right? Do you feel justified by your works, that God favors you? Did you receive the Lord by faith to be justified later by works of your salvation?

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Brothers and sisters, the discussion about children is off topic, please start another thread concerning that topic.

But i too will put my two cents in.

Does the Scriptures teach Babies go to Heaven without the knowledge of Jesus Christ? No it does not
Does the Scriptures teach Babies will go to Hell without the knowledge of Jesus Christ? No it does not

Therefore let every person within their own thoughts decide for themselves. And let not one judge another for different thoughts.

The danger here is, Striving over words and personal beliefs which the Word of God does not clearly define. Let it be. move on.

^i^