People Don't Know Their Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

josh123

the truth finds a way to the people that need it

C

Cino

the truth finds a way to the people that need it
Well keep in mind, that we have to do our part too. The Bible says "seek" and ye shall find... "knock" and it shall be opened unto you...."hunger and thirst after righteousness" and ye will be filled. We have to do our part to find the truth.

Dec 21, 2012
Sorry, no. I'm not much one for watching or even playing sports.

As for Bible translations, modern translations leave some things out, only because they weren't in earlier, more reliable manuscripts, not because they're trying to deceive people. Also, even though they're not part of the original manuscripts, most translations still had the 'missing' text in the footnotes. Some things are done for nefarious ends but this isn't one of them. God bless you too, Reece. :)
I question that the older manuscripts are more reliable. Adding the missing verses in brackets or to the footnotes is acceptable I think, but KJV-onlyists go on warpath over it.

The c. 1900 Pure Cambridge Edition of the KJV still spells ankle as ancle. This is... on purpose.

Acts 3:7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted [him] up: and immediately his feet and ancle bones received strength.

Here's a good place to start. There's a nice table on this page showing which verses are missing from various modern translations, including NIV, NASB, ESV, HCSB & several others.

List of Bible verses not included in modern translations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7seven7

LoL , comparing allah to Christ starcrash? That makes your point of view totally absurd. You see my friend , believing in Jesus is not something I or anybody can teach you. We can put The Word in your ear and then we leave it for The Holy Spirit to grow it in your heart. Now make ready my friend , for Jesus promise me that His Words NEVER return empty . LoL.
yeh "lol" is a good way to end a comment when you're trying to draw someone to Christ. LoL

R

RecceforChrist

Hlo triple 7. Yes I think it is. You see , its not me that draws people to Christ, it is He Himself as He said that He , when He is lifted up from the earth(crucified) will draw all people unto Him. You see my friend Charlie, man cannot save souls, only Jesus can, man can merely tell about Jesus's grace. God bless you.

presidente

May 29, 2013
You have to remember that most Christians say they don't really need the bible... they just tap into the spirit and have a direct line to revelation!

No wonder no one knows the bible.
Do you have stats that say that 'most Christians' believe this.

If someone believes that the completion of the canon is 'that which is perfect' and that he has perfect knowledge, why would he study the Bible if he knows everything perfectly?

7seven7

Hlo triple 7. Yes I think it is. You see , its not me that draws people to Christ, it is He Himself as He said that He , when He is lifted up from the earth(crucified) will draw all people unto Him. You see my friend Charlie, man cannot save souls, only Jesus can, man can merely tell about Jesus's grace. God bless you.
How does that song go? "And they'll know we are Christians by our LOVE", not "and they'll know we are Christians by our ARROGANCE." Brother, if it was only up to God to bring everyone to Him, don't you think He has the power to do that RIGHT NOW? But then that's taking away the gift of free will, isn't it? I can understand completely why our non-believing brother doesn't believe cz I never used to believe either and it wasn't arrogance that brought me to what I believe now. You're doing Christians no favours by laughing at another man's views. When you do that, it can be completely understood if he were to laugh at you, because following his conversations, he knows more about Christianity and the bible than most people I've met here, including me. You need to understand that his questions about God and Christianity are completely legitimate and he asks them because he can. Either give him an answer with love, or why bother answering him at all? God bless you too.