Racist Family

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Aren't you the politically correct one! READ YOUR BIBLE

Ezra 9.2
The lsraelite men and their son's have married these women.They have mixed the people who belong to God with the people around them.

Ezra 10.2
We have been unfaithful to our God by marrying women from the people's around us.

Ezra10.3
We will send away all these women and their children as you command

Nothing's changed.God still requires Israel to be separate
But then you say:

You have little insight on this matter and are in no position to judge.

God certainly appears to care more about our treatment and compassion for others than our choice of gender..
It's like you're arguing with yourself! You have no concern for the basic human right of marrying who we want to, but you think there's a basic human right for using a public restroom?

Oct 7, 2011
Aha Mr. Jimmers. It seems we are dealing with the classic Contrarian Troll. Probably Professor Benith in disguise.

H

haz

I have been in a relationship with a black man for almost a year. I told my parents & grandmother after 6 months. They were mean &hateful. My grandma said "God made everyone a different color so they'd stay together." I don't think that's true. I have so much faith in my relationship. It's just so hard not having my families support. Im 19 & still live at home. All I have is faith &the love of my boyfriend to keep me going. When will I be able to be fully happy.
Hi onlyfaith23,

We see this same issue here in Australia, mostly from the ethnic minorities. They will only allow their children to marry somone of the same race, even to the point of sending them back to their former country to find a partner of their own race.

As another poster said, it could be because of the era or culture they were brought up in. Or, as this topic describes it, it's because these ethnic minorities are racist.

Ultimately it's your choice who you want to marry. Parents will often be hesitant or even object to a marriage when one is as young a 19 years old. Perhaps if you give it a bit more time their attitude might change after they get to know your boyfriend better.

BTW, getting married is not going to automatically mean being happy, as you suggested.
You are both in the honeymoon stage of a relationship where the brain produces endorphines which makes it exciting. That stage will eventually wear off and you will both have to learn to love each other. Marriage is going to have it's ups and downs so it's not going to be a romantic and smooth easy ride all the way through.

Hopefully your boyfriend is a christian.

L

letti

Sorry to hear this, I have some family members who are extremely hateful this way its not easy.

Oct 31, 2011
There are some points that need to be considered that aren't brought out here:

It really isn't the difference in the color of skin that is the real issue, it is the matter of the two of you becoming one. You have a bit different culture that you came from than he has, it is difficult to see those differences until you are married. God doesn't say not to mix color, God says not to mix things that are unlike each other. God would be opposed to mixing a person alive in Him and one dead in their sins, living without God. But remember, the two of you will become one.

Family, to God is very important. It isn't just the two of you facing your families, but you are asking that of your children, too.

I think it is (what word could express something completely against everything good?) for your family not to see the person but only the skin color. But it is something you two have to deal with.

Ministers now are trained in pre marital counseling. All my kids took advantage of it, it is a blessing. Are you both willing to go for help with this from God's church?

H

hope36523

If you are happy with your bf don't worry about what anyone says,theres no where in the bible that says we have to stay with our own race,the bible says we should be equaly yoked which means a christian should be with a christain,God made us all and theres bothing wrong with being with someone in a difrent race,i have teanagers we talked about this and i dont care if there purple red or orange as long as they are happy than i am happy i woould want the other person to be a christain of coarse,but its there decission,and i will be there to help them in an way i can.i will pray for you,it will work out.

H

hospitalpharmacist

If you love him and he loves you, this is enough. No matter what you family thinks abut him.

R

reject-tech

We're scattered among all nations tongues and tribes. We are every color.
Biblical marital discrimination is to be based on what's in our hearts. Though sometimes things unhide after the fact. :(
My baby is mixed. My problems with my wife are based on a contradiction in motives, not skin color. Cause we both like each other's skin color.

I'm white, wife asian, I will LOVE it if Jesus turns out to be a black guy.

C

choosingmylife

In my family, making fun of other races is normal. My family sees it as okay but now I'm starting to see how wrong it is and I no longer laugh with them because
How can we be united as people if we're so busy pointing out the inevitable differences?
Onlyfaith23, don't let your family stop you from dating your boyfriend because of his race. But also, don't just date him to tick off your family, if that's what you're doing. Have power over your emotions and don't let your family make you unhappy. You deserve to be happy, ignore, (yes, ignore) what your family says about this. People are racist, God isn't.

Jul 14, 2013
But then you say:

It's like you're arguing with yourself! You have no concern for the basic human right of marrying who we want to, but you think there's a basic human right for using a public restroom?
Wow!

Llittle bit of difference between sharing restrooms and marrying somebody of different race..

People go berserk over such a lightweight issue but tell the girl it's of no consequence mixing her seed with a black man..

The entire bible is about race and one chosen race Israel .

Mix the races at your own peril.

Matt 15.24
I was sent only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel

B

Bryancampbell

.Such a ridiculous statement
Please read the old testament.

He continues to be the God of Israel .His promises are for Israel alone.
You do realize in the exodus to Egypt, everyone who was counted as Israelite wasn't all Hebrews? (Exodus 12:38)

Do you also forget that in Jesus' genealogy, Ruth who was not a Hebrew neither a Jew, but a Moabite married Boaz, who bore the father of David named Obed? (Ruth 4:14)

Stop with racist interpretation of scripture...

B

Bryancampbell

Ruth 4:13.....

Jul 14, 2013
You do realize in the exodus to Egypt, everyone who was counted as Israelite wasn't all Hebrews? (Exodus 12:38)

Do you also forget that in Jesus' genealogy, Ruth who was not a Hebrew neither a Jew, but a Moabite married Boaz, who bore the father of David named Obed? (Ruth 4:14)

Stop with racist interpretation of scripture...
Ruth was an lsraelite living in Moab
Ruth is also called the nearkinswoman of Boaz Ruth 3.12

As for the hangers on at the exodus..None entered into the promised land and probably contributed to the complaining..

Matt 10.5
Jesus sent out these twelve men with the following order
But go to the people of Israel who are like lost sheep

John20.21
As the father sent me l now send you

Luke 19.9
Salvation has come to this house today because this man also belongs to the family of Abraham

B

Bryancampbell

Ruth was an lsraelite living in Moab
Ruth is also called the nearkinswoman of Boaz Ruth 3.12

As for the hangers on at the exodus..None entered into the promised land and probably contributed to the complaining..

Matt 10.5
Jesus sent out these twelve men with the following order
But go to the people of Israel who are like lost sheep

John20.21
As the father sent me l now send you

Luke 19.9
Salvation has come to this house today because this man also belongs to the family of Abraham
Ruth 1:2-4 says Elimelech, Noami, Mahlon and Chilion were actually the ones who entered the land of moabites as Israelites. The two sons took moabite women named Orpah and Ruth according to verse 4.

You don't know that they ceased from the existence of the exodus. If God called them Israelites, or the children of Israel then they were among the counted.

Moses actually married a Kenite woman of Midian named Zipporah (Exodus 2:20-22)

Aug 24, 2013
Racism is just so old fashioned now. I can't believe it's even an issue in this day and age. Yeah we've all got the crazy old racist uncle in the family hurling abuse at the TV, but he's just known as the crazy old demented fool who will die alone and of no real threat to anyone.

But when there's active racism and hatred then it should be confronted and destroyed.

D

DragonSlayer

I agree with your parents.

The races should be kept separate.There are so many verses in the bible about Israel being kept separate from other races as they would be led into idolatry as was Soloman

God made everything to reproduce after his own kind.Kind means type and color

Deut 23.2

No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any ot their descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord even to the tenth generation.
I can't believe you just wrote that ! Unbelievable !

D

DragonSlayer

We were all created from one man called Adam. Case solved.