Serpent or Satan

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

godisone

Yes, you are right...there's absolutely no reason to believe the serpent was satan. In fact the word serpent is rarely used in the old testament. Besides, it is clearly stated in Genesis that serpent is one of the created beings....The point to be noted here is that God did not create the snake as evil; neither is it inherently evil...it brings out evil only when the creation interact with themselves. In the same spirit one may ask if the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is evil in itself, which God had planted in the middle of the eden...This is what i understand....every creation of God is inherently good....what brings out good or evil depends on how we interact with it....it is the human heart that is the source of good or evil....Also read Isiah 11:8,9; there we see snakes again in the "holy mountain of the Lord", but not doing harm to anyone, because everything there is being controlled by the wisdom of the Lord.

GBU

N

nathan3

Yes, you are right...there's absolutely no reason to believe the serpent was satan. In fact the word serpent is rarely used in the old testament. Besides, it is clearly stated in Genesis that serpent is one of the created beings....The point to be noted here is that God did not create the snake as evil; neither is it inherently evil...it brings out evil only when the creation interact with themselves. In the same spirit one may ask if the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is evil in itself, which God had planted in the middle of the eden...This is what i understand....every creation of God is inherently good....what brings out good or evil depends on how we interact with it....it is the human heart that is the source of good or evil....Also read Isiah 11:8,9; there we see snakes again in the "holy mountain of the Lord", but not doing harm to anyone, because everything there is being controlled by the wisdom of the Lord.

GBU
Did you completely ignore the scripture I just posted ? Your rambling. Read the scriptures there posted. : /

G

godisone

i neither ignored nor noticed what u had posted...iw as trying to address the original problem as posted. Why didnt you read carefully what i posted; i didnt mean to answer you, because you have been quoting from bible portions which are remotely connected with the original question. Just because you quote intensely from the scripture that doesnt mean ur argument is sensible. What one writes or tells should be logically meaningful.
Thank you, anyway for responding to my post.

God Bless You!

N

nathan3

i neither ignored nor noticed what u had posted...iw as trying to address the original problem as posted. Why didnt you read carefully what i posted; i didnt mean to answer you, because you have been quoting from bible portions which are remotely connected with the original question. Just because you quote intensely from the scripture that doesnt mean ur argument is sensible. What one writes or tells should be logically meaningful.
Thank you, anyway for responding to my post.

God Bless You!
He asked about the name of Serpent. The scriptures I posted addresses the same thing. How is that remotely connected when he asked about Satan and the Serpent. And the scripture I posted have Satan and Serpent in the same sentence . That is called being right on target.