Teach Against God's Commandments and Still Be Saved

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

FreeNChrist

I agree with you...we are not under the 'law of Moses'....but we are called to 'follow Christ'.

When was it NOT His custom to keep the sabbath ?
Jesus was a Jew living under the Law. We are Christians living under Him. We follow Him, not what was His 'custom' as a Jew.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
If your foundation is Christ you shall be saved through the fire even if your works burn up like hay or stubble.

1 Corinthians 3
11For no one can lay a foundation other than...Jesus Christ
14If the work that anyone has built ..survives, he will receive a reward. 15If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.
Yes they will be saved and in the Kingdom of heaven as one of the LEAST...as seen from Mat 5v19.
Do you think they will be happy in their degrading position for all eternity? They will know their loss and have to live with it - having heaped injustice and false accusations on others making their lives miserable. They won't escape punishment !

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Yes I thought that might be your answer 1Cor 2v14.
You call those who WALK with Christ 'judaizers - but not those who REST in Him ?
That is the kind of 'back to front' approach expected from a natural man !
That is another thought steeped in your judaizer fiction.

Can you address the difference between carnal commandments and Spiritual Laws?

beta

Aug 8, 2016
Jesus was a Jew living under the Law. We are Christians living under Him. We follow Him, not what was His 'custom' as a Jew.
Jesus said 'He kept His FATHER's Commandments....ONLY because He was a Jew ??? then what does it mean when He said 'He always did the things that pleased His Father ! Was God only concerned with carnal/physical things ?
IF Jesus had stuck to the 'jewish customs they would never have persecuted and killed Him....but because He kept the sabbath a different way from the Jews !!! I follow Jesus in that way and am also persecuted and falsly accused...blessed the servant who is as his/her Master !

F

FreeNChrist

Jesus said 'He kept His FATHER's Commandments....ONLY because He was a Jew ??? then what does it mean when He said 'He always did the things that pleased His Father ! Was God only concerned with carnal/physical things ?
IF Jesus had stuck to the 'jewish customs they would never have persecuted and killed Him....but because He kept the sabbath a different way from the Jews !!! I follow Jesus in that way and am also persecuted and falsly accused...blessed the servant who is as his/her Master !
The Christian life is not lived by mimicking the historical life of Jesus. The Christian life is lived by following the leading of the indwelling, living, risen Christ.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
That is another thought steeped in your judaizer fiction.

Can you address the difference between carnal commandments and Spiritual Laws?
There is no explaining to those who can not understand. But I will tell you that if you continue in your false accusations I will hand you over to the living God !

beta

Aug 8, 2016
The Christian life is not lived by mimicking the historical life of Jesus. The Christian life is lived by following the leading of the indwelling, living, risen Christ.
Sir, if you did not know Jesus before His death (never walked with Him as His disciple) how will you recognize Him after His resurrection ? Most follow a false christ (He warned against) and will be told ''I never knew you, depart from me you who work iniquity/are lawless.

F

FreeNChrist

Sir, if you did not know Jesus before His death (never walked with Him as His disciple) how will you recognize Him after His resurrection ? Most follow a false christ (He warned against) and will be told ''I never knew you, depart from me you who work iniquity/are lawless.
I know Him because He is alive and living in me.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
I will ask a question.

If a Christian does not observe the Sabbath Day as outlined in the law of Moses. - are they dis-obeying God and sinning?

In other words the setting aside of a certain day ( most likely Friday from sunset to Saturday) where we do or don't do certain things during that time.
Why are you trying to 'trap me in a question 'ref to Moses law' when you and I very well know we are not under it ? I keep the sabbath as 'Jesus and His disciples kept and taught' from the start of His ministry. Can you not see He and they kept it different from the Pharisees - hence their persecution into death ?

Nov 22, 2015
Why are you trying to 'trap me in a question 'ref to Moses law' when you and I very well know we are not under it ? I keep the sabbath as 'Jesus and His disciples kept and taught' from the start of His ministry. Can you not see He and they kept it different from the Pharisees - hence their persecution into death ?
You still have not answered the question. Here it is again.

If a Christian does not observe the Sabbath Day as outlined in the law of Moses. - are they dis-obeying God and sinning?

In other words the setting aside of a certain day ( most likely Friday from sunset to Saturday) where we do or don't do certain things during that time.

Just "how" does a Christian "keep" the Sabbath today after the cross and the law of Moses is NOT for the Christian to live by?

How does this "keeping look like?" Then you can answer the first question. Thanks.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
You still have not answered the question. Here it is again.

Just "how" does a Christian "keep" the Sabbath today after the cross and the law of Moses is NOT for the Christian to live by?

How does this "keeping look like?" Then you can answer the first question. Thanks.
I have answered it we are not under the law of Moses !

If you want to know what the sabbath is like why don't you start to walk with Jesus 24/7 as his disciple ? You might learn by personal experience !

Nov 22, 2015
I have answered it we are not under the law of Moses !

If you want to know what the sabbath is like why don't you start to walk with Jesus 24/7 as his disciple ? You might learn by personal experience !
I am well aware of my union with the Lord Jesus Christ and He is revealing more of this truth to me daily and the reality of that to me and it has nothing to do with a "certain day".

Let's give it the "old college try again" and I'll ask you again. Perhaps you will give an honest answer or you can just say "I plead the 5th". The choice is yours. No problem.

Question:

Last edited:

beta

Aug 8, 2016
I am well aware of my union with the Lord Jesus Christ and He is revealing more of this truth to me daily and the reality of that to me and it has nothing to do with a "certain day".

Let's give it the "old college try again" and I'll ask you again. Perhaps you will give an honest answer or you can just say "I plead the 5th". The choice is yours. No problem.

Question:

You expect me to give an opinion and decision on the law of Moses which has never been given to me to observe ? Why should I 'meddle in something that does not concern me ?
Why should I explain my actions when it is YOU who are FALSLY accusing me ? what are your grounds of repeatedly calling me a judaizer...you tell me ! it might help clear the air if YOU explained the reason for your 'name calling. The ball is in your court !

Nov 22, 2015
You expect me to give an opinion and decision on the law of Moses which has never been given to me to observe ? Why should I 'meddle in something that does not concern me ?
Why should I explain my actions when it is YOU who are FALSLY accusing me ? what are your grounds of repeatedly calling me a judaizer...you tell me ! it might help clear the air if YOU explained the reason for your 'name calling. The ball is in your court !
I don't remember calling you personally a Judaizer. I have said this many times and will continue to say it too. Perhaps you "identify" with it and that is between you and the Lord.

I have said this:

People are free to do whatever they want in relation to the Law - it does not make one righteous nor is it for salvation.

If someone wants to observe a particular day , festivals or eat or not eat some kinds of foods..etc - then they are free to do so.
These have no bearing on one's salvation or righteousness as all that is based on the finished work of Christ.

It's where people are saying "You must observe these things or do these things in the Law or you are not obeying God and sinning" - that's where the twisting comes in and it is a perversion of the gospel of the grace of Christ.

This is Judaizing and we need to stay from these types.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2015
I have also said this concerning Judaizers - which are those that say we must keep the Sabbath as in the law of Moses - that is - the observance of a certain day and if we don't do it like it is outlined in the law - then Christians are sinning and dis-obeying the Lord. This is pure garbage and it is indicative of a Judaizing spirit.

Jesus is the Sabbath rest for us. We rest from our own self efforts and rest in what He has done. The Sabbath speaks of Christ Himself as He is Lord of the Sabbath. So, the true Sabbath is Christ Himself - not in a carnal keeping of a day as set up in the law of Moses - as it was a picture or as Paul called it a shadow of the true that was to come - Christ Himself is the real substance.

So, the real keeping of the Sabbath in making it holy or set apart is to believe in what Christ has done and cease from our own self-efforts for life and living. This is how the Sabbath is a picture or shadow of Christ Himself.

People are free ( especially those that have a Jewish lineage because it is a part of their culture ) to observe a day or a feast however their traditions that they have adopted have taken on.

Personally I love to listen to some Jewish believers because they can have some great insight on how Christ is the fulfillment of all things and they can use the law and prophets and their own Jewish culture to reveal Christ to us.

Where the perversion of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ comes in is when they say "You must keep the Sabbath as in the law of Moses or you are disobeying God and are sinning".

Nov 22, 2015
Here is another post that I have done a few times concerning Judaizers. This one ahs the definition in it from Gotquestions - which is Christian website.

If people "identity" with this - then that is between you and the Lord.

Quote:

Question: "Who were the Judaizers?"

Answer: There have always been those who balk at the idea of God’s salvation being offered freely to those who believe. They reason that such a grand gift as forgiveness from such a holy God must require some kind of payment from us. We thank God for His grace, but we understand that He expects us to somehow earn that grace—in other words, there must be something that we can do to pay off the debt we owe to God.

In the early church, those who taught a combination of God’s grace and human effort were called “Judaizers.” The word Judaizer comes from a Greek verb meaning “to live according to Jewish customs.” The word appears in
Galatians 2:14 where Paul describes how he confronted Peter for forcing Gentile Christians to “Judaize.”

A Judaizer taught that, in order for a Christian to truly be right with God, he must conform to the Mosaic Law. Circumcision, especially, was promoted as necessary for salvation. Gentiles had to become Jewish proselytes first, and then they could come to Christ.

The doctrine of the Judaizers was a mixture of grace (through Christ) and works (through the keeping of the Law). This false doctrine was dealt with in
Acts 15 and strongly condemned in the book of Galatians.

At the Jerusalem Council in
Acts 15, a group of Judaizers opposed Paul and Barnabas. Some men who belonged to the party of the Pharisees insisted that Gentiles could not be saved unless they were first circumcised and obeyed the Law of Moses.

Paul made the case that, in Christ, there was no longer any distinction between Jew and Gentile, for God had purified the hearts of the Gentiles by faith (
Acts 15:8–9). He said it plainly in Galatians 2:16: “A man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.”

To add anything to the work that Christ did for salvation is to negate God’s grace. We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, not by returning to the Law. “I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing” (
Galatians 2:21).

There are many groups today with beliefs/practices very similar to the Judaizers of the New Testament. The two most prominent would be the
Hebrew Roots Movement and the Roman Catholic Church.

The teachings of the Hebrew Roots Movement are virtually identical to those of the Judaizers whom Paul rebuked in Galatians. A primary focus of the Hebrew Roots Movement is to put followers of Christ back under the bondage of the Old Testament Law.

The Roman Catholic Church teaches a doctrine similar to that of the Judaizers of the New Testament in this way: its doctrine is a mixture of law and grace. At the Council of Trent in the 16th century, the Catholic Church explicitly denied the idea of salvation by faith alone.

Catholics have always held that certain sacraments are necessary for salvation. The issues for the 1st-century Judaizers were circumcision and Sabbath-keeping.

The issues for modern-day Catholics are baptism, confession, etc. The works considered necessary may have changed, but both Judaizers and Catholics attempt to merit God’s grace through the performance of ritualistic acts.

First Timothy 4:3 says that, in later times, false teachers will “forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.”

This sounds suspiciously close to some of the teachings of Roman Catholicism, which requires priests to be
celibate (“forbidding to marry”) and proclaims some food to be off-limits during Lent (“abstaining from certain foods”).

The Judaizers upheld the Mosaic Law as necessary for salvation; Catholics uphold man-made tradition as necessary; both view Christ’s death as being insufficient without the active and continued cooperation of the one being saved.

The Bible is clear that the attempt to add human works to God’s grace overlooks the very meaning of grace, which is “undeserved blessing.” As Paul says, “If by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace” (
Romans 11:6). Praise the Lord, “Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery” (Galatians 5:1).

https://gotquestions.org/Judaizers.html

I do not look at all Hebrew Roots adherents as all the same. As I have said before - there are many that are of authentic Jewish descent and they like their traditions but they do not say that others need to observe the Sabbath or feasts as in the law of Moses or you are dis-obeying God and sinning. They observe these things to see Christ as the fulfillment of them - not as something they "need" to do now.

This group has excellent teaching son how Christ has fulfilled the Law and show Christ in every part of the Old Testament. Jesus said that all the scriptures speak about Him.

This group of believers are a major blessing to us in the body of Christ and are not Judaizers such as Paul encountered and that are also in the extreme sects of Hebrew Roots that say believers in Christ must "observe the Sabbath and the feasts like in the law of Moses - or they are dis-obeying God and sinning".

Those - run away from as fast as you can! - but do not put all Hebrew Roots people in the same boat as the extreme sects because they are not the same.