THE COMMANDMENTS AND MY RESPONSIBILITY AS A SAVED CHILD OF GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Yes you did!! and thanks!!

I agree.

I know this. As Saul. He thought everything he did, including the murder of these heretical Christians. Was for the true God of Israel.

it took Jesus to change his mind an dopen his eyes. Thank the good lord for Sauls sake, and our sakes, Saul finally listened.
And thank God that this Jewish Roman Citizen was redeemed, changed, instructed and sent to us lowly gentiles...hahahahh PRAISE GOD

E

eternally-gratefull

And thank God that this Jewish Roman Citizen was redeemed, changed, instructed and sent to us lowly gentiles...hahahahh PRAISE GOD

HA HA!! Amen and Amen, And thanks for the Good laughs you keep bringing me!!

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
When Christ took all the OT law out of the way He took the 10 commandments also. This is why Christians do not remember the Sabbath day but were borught to gether by God on the first day of the wekk, Acts 20:7. As far as the other 9, they are repeated in Christ's NT and idoltry is wrong for Christ' NT says it is wrong.

Col 2:14; Heb 10:9; Heb 7:12 both the OT and NT cannot coesit side by side for they are two very different laws with one basoed onthe blood of bulls and goats that cannot completely justify and the blood of Christ that does completely justify.

Mt 5:17,18 simply sys the OT law would remain UNTIL CHrist took it out of the way not by destroying it but take it out of the way by fullfilling it: (my emp)

(1) Of special significance in this study is the word rendered “destroy.” It translates the Greek term kataluo, literally meaning to “loose down.” The word is found seventeen times in the New Testament. It is used, for example, of the destruction of the Jewish temple by the Romans (Mt. 26:61; 27:40; Acts 6:14), and of the dissolving of the human body at death (2 Cor. 5:1). The term can carry the extended meaning of “to overthrow,” i.e., to “render vain, deprive of success.” In classical Greek, it was used in connection with institutions, laws, etc., to convey the idea of “to deprive of force” or to “invalidate.”

(2) It is especially important to note how the word is used in Matthew 5:17. In this context, “destroy” is set in opposition to “fulfill.” Christ came "…not to destroy, but [alla — adversative particle] to fulfill.

The meaning is this. Jesus did not come to this earth for the purpose of acting as an adversary of the law. His goal was not to frustrate its fulfillment. Rather, he revered it, loved it, obeyed it, and brought it to fruition. He fulfilled the law’s prophetic utterances regarding himself (Lk. 24:44). Christ fulfilled the demands of the Mosaic law, which called for perfect obedience or else imposed a “curse” (see Gal. 3:10,13). In this sense, the law’s divine design will ever have an abiding effect. It will always accomplish the purpose for which it was given.

(3) If, however, the law of Moses bears the same relationship to men today, in terms of its binding status, as it did before Christ came, then it was not fulfilled, and Jesus failed at what he came “to do.” On the other hand, if the Lord did accomplish what he came toaccomplish, then the law was fulfilled, and it is not a binding legal regime today.

(4) If the law of Moses was not fulfilled by Christ, and thus remains as an obligatory legal system for today, then it is not a partially binding regime; rather, it is totally compelling system.

Jesus plainly said that not one “jot or tittle” (representative of the smallest markings of the Hebrew script) would pass away until all was fulfilled. Consequently, nothing of the law was to fail until it had completely accomplished its purpose.

“But,” some surmise, “does not the text affirm that the law would last until ‘heaven and earth’ pass away?” No, only that it would be “easier” for the universe to pass away than for the law of God not to fulfill its mission (cf. Lk. 16:17).

And so, if one contends, on the basis of Matthew 5:17-18, that Moses’ law is still binding as a legally required regime, he must take all of it — including its bloody sacrifices, annual treks to Jerusalem, purification rituals, etc. As Paul later will argue — if a man receives one portion of the law [as binding for justification], he is a debtor to do all of it (Gal. 5:3). This is the logical consequence of the misguided “sabbatarian” view of this important text.

(5) In addition to the points listed above, Paul clearly argues, in his letter to the Ephesians, that the “law of commandments contained in ordinances” was “abolished” by the death of Jesus upon the cross (2:14-15). The Greek term for “abolishedhes” iskatargeo, literally suggesting the idea of reducing something to a state of inactivity.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/485-did-christ-abolish-the-law-of-moses
Wayne Jackson

God wrote and said REMEMBER - Who am I to forget? When God said Remember.

CWJ

Banned
Jan 16, 2014
dcontroversal;
I agree for sure......but this does not mean we can live anyway we want to live and or walk contrary to the truth because we are eternally sealed and saved.
Hi dcontroversal,

I am glad that you agree. I also agree with you, that we cannot live in a manner contrary to the truth because we are eternally sealed and saved. However, it is because we are eternally sealed and saved that we WILL NOT. We will instead reckon ourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are to walk in newness of life, by reckoning on the efficacy of God's promises in Christ to transform us into His likeness. (Gal 5:18-23)

'But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;
Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife,
seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like:
of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past,
that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness,
faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.'

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
If 'law keeping' is not a product of the work of the Holy Spirit and Gospel in our lives then it is done in the flesh and profits nothing.

Philippians 2:12-13 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Galatians 2:20-21 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Your Philippians scripture and post reminded me of this;

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Hi dcontroversal,

I am glad that you agree. I also agree with you, that we cannot live in a manner contrary to the truth because we are eternally sealed and saved. However, it is because we are eternally sealed and saved that we WILL NOT. We will instead reckon ourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are to walk in newness of life, by reckoning on the efficacy of God's promises in Christ to transform us into His likeness. (Gal 5:18-23)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness,
faith,
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
I had to look up the word efficacy. It is a perfectly brilliant description. Now I am sad I didn't know that word. But not sad enough to not use it myself... lol

CWJ

Banned
Jan 16, 2014
I had to look up the word efficacy. It is a perfectly brilliant description. Now I am sad I didn't know that word. But not sad enough to not use it myself... lol
EFFICACY =power to produce results

Yes, Grandpa,

It's a fabulous word ISN'T IT?

Just right in this context, I think.

:)

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2014
God wrote and said REMEMBER - Who am I to forget? When God said Remember.
God never told Christians to keep the law of Moses for Christ took it out of the way, making in inactive, of no effect.

Dec 12, 2013
Hi dcontroversal,

faith,

In Christ Jesus
Chris
I agree again...We are to put on Christ after the manner of the new man!