The cost of marrying an undercover christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sunburn

Basically, people going to church behaving as christian when they are not.
They are used to the ideal that a christian marriage is supposed to be a perfect union so they are looking for their victim who will sacrifice their lives to them.
Generally their parent were christian or they know a little about a christian boy or girl whom they are interested in.
They are agent of the devil because they pretend to be saved.
They are sometimes quick to say, God is a forgiving God...i am in work in progress...
They do know the Bible and know how to quote it as to make their victim feel guilty, or pressurize them, and manipulate them.
This apply to both men and women.

It may sound as a joke, but most marriages in the church are nothing but a match made in hell.

Your thoughts?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
They are used to the ideal that a christian marriage is supposed to be a perfect union so they are looking for their victim who will sacrifice their lives to them.
Generally their parent were christian or they know a little about a christian boy or girl whom they are interested in.
They are sometimes quick to say, God is a forgiving God...i am in work in progress...
They do know the Bible and know how to quote it as to make their victim feel guilty, or pressurize them, and manipulate them.

It may sound as a joke, but most marriages in the church are nothing but a match made in hell.

Your thoughts?
I prefer a marriage made in heaven. I had this type of marriage.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You know sunburn, you keep talking about "behaviours".

But being a Christian has absolutely NOTHING to do with behaviours. It is a relationship with Christ that determines whether we are Christians. And some people start out being a Christian with great advantages. As C.S. Lewis says, some people have naturally good temperaments, were raised in good and loving homes, were not abused at home or in school. Whereas others have had every disadvantage and when God calls them, they have a lot more ground to make up.

I was a wicked sinner before I was saved. It took me two years of reading my Bible to even BEGIN to see some of my sins and to repent of them repeatedly for 30 years. God is the one who changes us - we do NOT change ourselves. We do not have our behaviour suddenly become perfect, just because God justifies us positionally.

Once more I will explain the truth about the Christian walk.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

The word "transformed" in the above verse is μεταμορφοῦσθε in the Greek. It is in the present imperative passive in Greek, which means we are commanded to allow the HOLY SPIRIT to change our form, our ways, our habits and being. God transforms us in our innermost nature! NOT from the outside, but from the heart!

"
And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts." 2 Cor. 3:3.

God does not change our behaviours, he changes our hearts. He works from the inside out. You may be seeing some things on the outside you don't agree with. But give God the time and the grace to make changes on the inside, which are not superficial, not mere adherence to social norms or codes, but rather, to become closer to the image on the inside, which will eventually manifest as a changed person on the outside.

When I got saved, I was an alcoholic, and God delivered me from drinking instantly, immediately and forever. But he left a lot of other areas for him to work on. And the Bible says that the day I will be like Jesus, is when I see him face to face.

"Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know thatwhen he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2

I would suggest you look at the Christian life as a journey, a walk with Jesus. Don't expect people to conform to your standards, but rather to conform to Jesus Christ. He is the one who is in charge of the changing, and by demanding people act your way, you are in fact committing the most egregious sin - idolatry. You are putting yourself in the place of God, and my warning is that God in not pleased!

"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, [SUP]20 [/SUP]idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, [SUP]21 [/SUP]envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. " Gal 5:19-21

Please note that idolatry is right in there with all the very sins you condemn. Jesus condemned the Pharisees for their self righteous behaviours, again which were about the outside, and keeping rules and laws, not about a relationship with the living God. Better instead, to look for these qualities and cultivate them in your heart.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, [SUP]23 [/SUP]gentleness, self-control;against such things there is no law." Gal. 5:22-23

Please take my warning seriously:

"For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned." Romans 12:3

S

sunburn

You know sunburn, you keep talking about "behaviours".
I have not read your response mainly because I Do not consider you as a respectful person.
So please refrain from answering my thread...at least not directly to me.
I WILL ignore you.

I don't have time to listen or rather, read what disrespectful people have to say.

Thank you and God bless.

Last edited:
B

biscuit

Your thoughts?
LOL!! I agree with you 100%. Too many so-called Christians wear the title on their sleeves instead of in their hearts.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I have not read your response mainly because I Do not consider you as a respectful person.
I WILL ignore you.

I don't have time to listen or rather, read what disrespectful people have to say.

Thank you and God bless.
Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them disrepectful. I took the time and energy to explain the Christian walk and you condemned and judged me without even reading my post.

You have the opportunity to learn something here today. If I was hard on you, it is only because you have yet to post a single Bible verse supporting your positions, and you are incredibly negative. Plus, you seem to be quite an immature Christian who does not understand what I wrote about in my post which you have decided to ignore.

Well, God bless you, too! You certainly will need it!

S

sunburn

LOL!! I agree with you 100%. Too many so-called Christians wear the title on their sleeves instead of in their hearts.
We have all been saved by grace...but christians should be on alert in these end times...
Quoting a scripture does not make you a christian
going to church does not make you a christian
Wearing a collar does not make you a christian
Jesus has the power to save but He urged us to beware of deception and even christian who are deceiving themselves by not practising what they read in the Bible.

So, it's shame but that's the reality...May God help us.

T

ThePottersClay

That's very Christlike of you, don't you think? I'm sure this is exactly how Jesus wants us all to behave. Well done 0/10.

I think you need to think before you say things like this, just because the world does not stand at attention when you speak or fall in line with what you teach, does it give you the right to be so blatantly rude.

I WILL ignore you.

Thank you and God bless.

J

jkalyna

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them disrepectful. I took the time and energy to explain the Christian walk and you condemned and judged me without even reading my post.

You have the opportunity to learn something here today. If I was hard on you, it is only because you have yet to post a single Bible verse supporting your positions, and you are incredibly negative. Plus, you seem to be quite an immature Christian who does not understand what I wrote about in my post which you have decided to ignore.

Well, God bless you, too! You certainly will need it!
This may sound*bizarre, but I am blessed by this, not the bickering, but the fact that these things go on. Being here almost 3 years, I was on my way to*deleting*my account because I posted scriptures, and was told I was holier than thou, and proud, and other unkind mean things. So now I will say this, James, says, if a man cannot bridle his tongue, his faith/religion is in vain, meaning, nothing. Just because forums are not mics. words speak, and words cut deeper than a knife. That is scripture. So laugh now and cry later, is not a good thing, it would be better to, sow good things, as we will be reaping it back, so Thank you Angela 53510 *for your courage, and I see in your profile your married, and must know something, lol. God Bless you. Hugs.. :)*

S

sunburn

That's very Christlike of you, don't you think? I'm sure this is exactly how Jesus wants us all to behave. Well done 0/10.

I think you need to think before you say things like this, just because the world does not stand at attention when you speak or fall in line with what you teach, does it give you the right to be so blatantly rude.

Potterclay, I understand your concern.
Based on her attitude on other parts of the forum, I sincerely rather not have to deal with contentious posts from her.
I chose not to read her post.
I easily get aggravated like she does so I will not allow myself.
It has nothing to do with whether i believe I am right or wrong regarding this post.

B

biscuit

Sorry potterclay, I will have to side with sunburn in this case because this particular spat took place on another thread. Angela badly 'misread' my post and falsely accused me of being insensitive to women. I clearly gave a quote of the person who said it ... and yet she blamed me for it. Sunburn came to my assistance. She was clearly in the wrong and I believe this is her way of "getting back" at him on another thread. I was falsely accused of posting a post (mix up) that I didn't and I demanded an apology and received it.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

ThePottersClay

So become the exact thing you dislike? It would be better, if it's such a personal attack to take a person aside, don't you think?
Potterclay, I understand your concern.
Based on her attitude on other parts of the forum, I sincerely rather not have to deal with contentious posts from her.
I chose not to read her post.
I easily get aggravated like she does so I will not allow myself.
It has nothing to do with whether i believe I am right or wrong regarding this post.

T

ThePottersClay

Biscuit, I do not dispute what was misread or said, but how this is handled, if you recall a thread of mine, about chosing death over marriage, a post made there was also misunderstood, not only by Angela, but also by you, I could just as well have gone off the deep end and tell people they are rude and idiotic... but its not the nature of Christ, and it does not promote the fruit of the Spirit. I'd personally take the person aside, and tell him/her how I feel....

I just feel this is something that was said in anger as Sunburn mentioned...She gets easily aggravated...but then again, it seems to be the norm on these forums lately....
Sorry potterclay, I will have to side with sunburn in this case because this particular spat took place on another thread. Angela badly 'misread' my post and falsely accused me of being insensitive to women. I clearly gave a quote of the person who said it ... and yet she blamed me for it. Sunburn came to my assistance. She was clearly in the wrong and I believe this is her way of "getting back" at him on another thread. I was falsely accused of posting a post (mix up) that I didn't and I demanded an apology and received it.

S

sunburn

So become the exact thing you dislike? It would be better, if it's such a personal attack to take a person aside, don't you think?

I am sorry my comment were so blatantly direct for people who were reading this as coming out of nowhere.
I'll rather not engage in conversations when someone is ready to attack you.
She did it twice and doesn't see anything wrong with her attitude.

S

sunburn

Double message

Last edited:
May 3, 2013
Basically, (...)

Your thoughts?
The costs?

A divorce I did not pay,
too many lessons I needed to learn...

A love I needed to find big farther from where I thought I was but, to my surprised: I married in hell?

Interisting thought: "...most marriages in the church are nothing but a match made in hell"

I rather see where the enemies are:

• "Know your enemy" and
  • "my friend is the enemy of my enemy"

Who are you trying to stone?

May 3, 2013
I WILL ignore you.

Thank you and God bless.
You PMed me blaming Angela for something funny I saw you were posteing elsewhere, few minutes back, and I asked you to tell her what you wrote...

Here is another costs someone would pay.

May 3, 2013
We have all been saved by grace...but christians should be on alert in these end times...
Quoting a scripture does not make you a christian
going to church does not make you a christian
Wearing a collar does not make you a christian
Jesus has the power to save but He urged us to beware of deception and even christian who are deceiving themselves by not practising what they read in the Bible.

So, it's shame but that's the reality...May God help us.
Just to say it, as "uncovered" as I am: I´m not saved as long as I live on planet earth.

It´s not my decision not as it were my simple desire, but His to save me and to give me eternal life.