The Deity of Jesus Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 19, 2012
then why does Jesus say His Lord is one. further more this is a perfect opportunity for Jesus to set the record straight for everyone by telling them the Lord is 1 of 3 or 3 in 1. yet he doesn't, his only response is His Lord is one and only one.
Jesus' reply was to a scribe...i.e. someone who knows the Hebrew scriptures of the OT.

Jesus references Deut 6.4- 5 which, in the Hebrew, declares the following...

• Tetragrammaton = singular
  • Elohim = Plural
  • Echad = one unity
  • The juxtaposed words…Tetragrammaton, Elohim, Tetragrammaton, Echad
  • God is referred to not once, not twice, but three times
  • Singular, Plural, Singular
  • These three elements form one unity
  • Singular = Plural
  • Plural = Singular
  • God = Gods
  • God is clearly singular
  • God is clearly plural
  • God is Uniplural

J

jaybird88

the plural form of Elohim i would think referred to not male or female but both as well as the omnipresense of the Lord. i dont see why every aspect of the Lord becomes a separate being within , they are just parts of the Lord. and why would the aspects of our Lord be limited to 3. i would think there are infinite aspects within our Lord

Nov 19, 2012
the plural form of Elohim i would think referred to not male or female but both as well as the omnipresense of the Lord. i dont see why every aspect of the Lord becomes a separate being within , they are just parts of the Lord. and why would the aspects of our Lord be limited to 3. i would think there are infinite aspects within our Lord
Let scripture do the 'thinking' for you...

J

jaybird88

Let scripture do the 'thinking' for you...
"i would think" - this is a figure of speech used by many that speak english, it just means "this is how i understand it" or to that affect. this is how i interpret scripture. i dont present it in a way that would suggest that I and i alone am the final authority on a subjects meaning, to me that would be bold and arrogant.

so back to my original reply, would you agree yes or no?

Nov 19, 2012
"i would think" - this is a figure of speech used by many that speak english, it just means "this is how i understand it" or to that affect. this is how i interpret scripture. i dont present it in a way that would suggest that I and i alone am the final authority on a subjects meaning, to me that would be bold and arrogant.

so back to my original reply, would you agree yes or no?
No........