The Homosexual Threat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
If we could see sin the way God sees sin we could begin to understand what Christ did for us at Calvary. Truly amazing grace love beyond degree.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Yes Christ took away the sin of the world
[h=3]John 1:29[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[h=3]John Testifies About Jesus[/h][SUP]29 [/SUP]The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

G

Graybeard

But that is NOT the whole picture you left out Ezekiel 16

Ezekiel 16

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

And no where in Jude can one pull out that it was JUST homosexuality. The list also included
fornication and strange flesh (ie they tried to rape ANGELS)
I don't think the people of those cities knew that the men with Lot were Angels.
Strange flesh can't be associated with Angels as Angels are not flesh, I think it was more bestiality.

Gen 19:5 And they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally."

Jun 23, 2013
The nursing of impure thoughts by condoning wrongful behavior or even filthy meditations of the mind, meaning, thinking about indulging in such things with JOY, without repenting, is sinful and even by God's will, evil.

May 15, 2013
But that is NOT the whole picture you left out Ezekiel 16

Ezekiel 16

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

And no where in Jude can one pull out that it was JUST homosexuality. The list also included
fornication and strange flesh (ie they tried to rape ANGELS)
What it is that they wanted to defile everyone and everything. They had the spirit of perversion in them and which they love doing its will and they had ignored the things that God desires. God knows that we all has sexual desires and which He permitted it to be in us so that we can procreate. But it becomes foul when we start spreading it around to others people partners, childrens, animals, and to themselves. That's why God doesn't want us to covet anything because that desire can grow and take over the soul. But now we have these desires that is controlling our lives, and God want us to have self-control by fasting away from these desires that defile us. But if you put all your attention on Him, it will become a habit that can't be broken. It says to forgive your brother seventy-seven times and which it is a symbolic meaning,"to the end"; and which seven is the number for completion or finish. So if anyone of us fall, we are not to judge or condemn them but we are suppose to assist them.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
well, perhaps you've not yet been called to Christ.
a crushed and contrite spirit is needed.
you don't just go and say, OKAY - save me...or OKAY, show yourself.

the fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom.

John 6
44“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’d Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

i'll write to you later today Grey.
IF YOU ARE SINCERE in wanting to know.

we start with The Law, and what it says about ALL of us.
no one is exempt from it's terror and decrees against us.
and, worse than that - IT CAN NOT SAVE US.

the Law can't save us, it can not sanctify us or cleanse us or conform us into being like Jesus.
it can only ORDER US to do and not do.
it doesn't have the power to change us - BECAUSE YOU ARE AT WAR WITH GOD, CURRENTLY HATING HIM.

(the Bible says that - and all we who have been saved will tell you the same - we too were once that way).

and that hasn't changed. The doesn't change - but was fulfilled FOR you by One who was perfect.
if you reject Him - you are left with The Law.
it can't save you, it will rightly condemn you to hell.

it shows God's Holiness; His Standards; His expectations.

~

so later we can look at His Law and perhaps you will experience some Fear of God.

that's the beginning of wisdom (from Him)...knowing that we DO NEED to FEAR HIM.

because without the 2nd part of what we will discuss (the remedy to our inability to be saved by His Holy and Good Law) - which is the Gospel (Good News of Christ)....without Christ, we are UNDER THE LAW...by which we will be condemned and go off into hell.

THIS IS THE FEAR OF GOD.

Fear Him.

we'll discuss the Law and what it demands, if you want to.

zone
Today after the cross when one is done with the energy of their own flesh one sees what God has done by the cross and this fear is replaced with
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love

There is a before the cross and after the cross, God has called all not a few chosen, all to come to the Faith in God by the cross, at the resurrection, born again in the Spirit of God where is the only place that God can be worshipped

1. John 4:23
    But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
    John 4:22-24 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. John 4:24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

And once one believes between God anf them, then it is between God that that one, not me or anyone else.
    We are notihng more thatn waterers and planters, for it is God that gives the increase