The law cannot make void the Promise

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 7, 2015
Genesis 26:5
(5) Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my (H8451)laws.

"Law" is word #H8451 - torah - torah: direction, instruction, law Original Word: תּוֹרָה Part of Speech: Noun Feminine Transliteration: torah

So according to Scripture Abraham kept the Torah, I will not debate this any longer it is clearly written.

If you believe Scripture you believe Abraham followed the Torah, the same Torah that is on the heart of those washed in the blood of Messiah.

Yeremyah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people."

"Law" is word #H8451 - torah - torah: direction, instruction, law Original Word: תּוֹרָה Part of Speech: Noun Feminine Transliteration: torah

I dont say this with anger or disdain;

You put the Creator in a "box" He is eternal, knowing the end from the beginning, your words imply He had no foresight, the Laws of the universe have always existed... and always will, if there was no Law how did satan do anything wrong in the garden? no rather YHWH is beyond out understand and mental reach....
Pay attention, here is where Abram was justified by faith (no works, no Isaac involved)

Genesis 15:1-615 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And Abram said, Lord God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]And, behold, the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

LOOK, NO WORKS OF THE LAW, JUST FAITH! AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.:)

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Oh let me quote...

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God and have
the testimony of Jesus Christ

Paul, what do you have to say?

1Cr 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

Oh my gosh Paul is this you?

1Cr 17:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Seriously...

Jan 7, 2015
Oh let me quote...

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God and have
the testimony of Jesus Christ

Paul, what do you have to say?

1Cr 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

Oh my gosh Paul is this you?

1Cr 17:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Seriously...
This is Paul too...Galatians 6:15 "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature."

prove-all

May 16, 2014

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
This is Paul too...Galatians 6:15 "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature."
Amen,

Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

W

weakness

The promise to Abraham was made before Isaac was even around, try to pay attention.[/QUOTE It makes no difference if it was before or after Isaac, It was before the Law delivered by Moses. And as the father of faith, before the law,was imputed righteousness for his faith in God, which was made evident in his works. James is saying the way to illuminate your faith so that other will see, is by the works of faith that you are prompted to do. Blessed is the man who built his house on a rock, and did the lords work and not just talk about it.

W

weakness

4So (Abram departed), as the Lord had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him:
and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

would this be works, by faith

[/QUOTE I think obeying God's voice to sojourn by faith would be work of faith,not for salvation, Abraham already believed in the Father ,and I think was saved in as much as could be before Jesus died for sins.