The Narrow Gate

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
See the law of sin and death
The law of sin and death is that if you sin you die. We are free from that law through Christ, for Christ died for our sins. That fact does not explain all there is to know about sin. Christ dies for our sins, but if we sin we die, yet, unless we do (work) something about that sin. We take our sin to Christ for cleansing. We are to repent, turn away from them and ask Christ for cleansing. We can not cleanse ourselves from our sin, or do anything to save ourselves that is God's place. However. We do have a role to play in this, and that role is to take our sin to Christ with repentance.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
Yes we are getting some where now but with the holy spirit the spirit of truth

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
You're right. the narrow gate is Jesus. People who insist on being obedient to a certain set of rules or way of living in order to get into heaven are trying to climb up some other way and are the thieves and robbers. That's why Jesus will say to some of these kinds of people, "I never knew you. Depart from me ye that work iniquity."
Those with the wrong motives and that will not agree to die to self and live to God in the Spirit of God

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
People who say that the way to get in is not being obedient are just as much at fault, and in as much danger of not being recognized as those who say that it is only through obedience that we can get in. The thieves and robbers are the ones who do not read the whole of what God tells them, but only pick one piece of it. Neither the works will save you people or the love is all that is required people, works won't save you people will get in--neither of them.
true works are God's love that protrudes through the Believers and loves all as God Loves them complete for all and to all.
Luke 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
We by Faith in Christ's finished work are :
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
The law of sin and death is that if you sin you die. We are free from that law through Christ, for Christ died for our sins. That fact does not explain all there is to know about sin. Christ dies for our sins, but if we sin we die, yet, unless we do (work) something about that sin. We take our sin to Christ for cleansing. We are to repent, turn away from them and ask Christ for cleansing. We can not cleanse ourselves from our sin, or do anything to save ourselves that is God's place. However. We do have a role to play in this, and that role is to take our sin to Christ with repentance.
really or maybe you do not see this finalization of the cross where we are past tense forgiven
[h=3]Colossians 1:22[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]22 [/SUP]in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

After this truth and finalization of it by God from God through Son Christ we move to the new life in the Spirit of God where that is, given to us a free gift from God through the resurrected Christ to those that believe. Then it is God that does the works through us in the power of Holy Ghost living through us

R

Rickee

So what you are saying is we need to disregard whatever The Apostles taught such as Dressing Modestly, Not wearing Gold or silver necklaces, braided hair, Costly array, and go for the " Easy Beleivism" Gospel??

Read: I Timothy 2 verses 7-10/ I Timothy 4 v 16

God taught Holiness and Seperation from Worldly lusts.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
or christians by name only aka the dead in spirit
[h=3]The Dead Church[/h]3 “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,
‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. [SUP]2 [/SUP]Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.[SUP][a][/SUP] [SUP]3 [/SUP]Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. [SUP]4 [/SUP]You[SUP][b][/SUP] have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. [SUP]5 [/SUP]He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

L

LT

From reading some posts, it sounds like some people don't just want a narrow gate, but a barred gate,
and them with the only key.

"My yoke is easy, and my burden is light"

Feb 17, 2010
So what you are saying is we need to disregard whatever The Apostles taught such as Dressing Modestly, Not wearing Gold or silver necklaces, braided hair, Costly array, and go for the " Easy Beleivism" Gospel??

Rickee, here is the thing about God and His Salvation....
I believe this becasue this si what God teaches, EVEN TODAY.... God is the Saviour. And if God has a certain STANDARD, or STATURE, that HE DEMANDS off a SAVED PERSON, then God (who is the Saviour) will ENSURE His STANDARD is obtained.

And here is the STANDARD God said is the ONLY STANDARD God saves too!

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
God shows us the STANDARD He requires...

Here Jesus teach us to REQUEST GOD TO GIVE US THIS STANDARD....Mat 6:9...
Thy will be done
in earth, as it is in heaven.

And here God shows us HOW HE DID MAKE US AS HE IS.... 1 John 4:17... Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Please note how the blue Scripture reflects God's POWERFUL salvation. Note that the BOLDNESS and the LOVE MADE PERFECT, AS HE IS, are all done right HERE ON EARTH! As it is done in heaven.

It is false teaching and faith to even think god CANNOT make a person perfect here on earth! God can DO ANYTHING He wants... AND HE WANTS PERFET PEOPLE HERE....

Even if I do not know a single perfect man, does that mean that there are no perfect men? Even if I have not SEEN one perfect man, does that mean I CAN see them? What about Angels? Are they perfect? Does angels of God sin, and still remain angels of God? Can God's angels sin? I know some did, but what about the ones that did not sin woth the others, DO THEY SIN?

Now! God says we should be kind to strangers for we might have entertained an ANGEL without even knowing it! Do you see we might be in the company of holy angels without even knowing it..... UNAWARE!

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Does our LACK of knowledge make this ANGEL less holy or without sin? NOPE! It just leaves us as KIND HEARTED unknowledgeable fools! May we know the knowledge of God, and KNOW ANGELS...

May the WILL of God be done in us, AS IN HEAVEN.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

And that is exactly what I have been saying is to be alive in God's Spirit born again in the Spirit as Christ was raised and justified in the Spirit. Dead to flesh sin nature, at the same death of Christ in the flesh, at the cross. Then came resurrection for us in the Spirit of God
[h=3]Romans 6[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? [SUP]2 [/SUP]God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? [SUP]3 [/SUP]Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? [SUP]4 [/SUP]Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: [SUP]6 [/SUP]knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. [SUP]7 [/SUP]For he that is dead is freed from sin. [SUP]8 [/SUP]Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: [SUP]9 [/SUP]knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. [SUP]10 [/SUP]For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Rickee, here is the thing about God and His Salvation....
I believe this becasue this si what God teaches, EVEN TODAY.... God is the Saviour. And if God has a certain STANDARD, or STATURE, that HE DEMANDS off a SAVED PERSON, then God (who is the Saviour) will ENSURE His STANDARD is obtained.

And here is the STANDARD God said is the ONLY STANDARD God saves too!

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
God shows us the STANDARD He requires...

Here Jesus teach us to REQUEST GOD TO GIVE US THIS STANDARD....Mat 6:9...
Thy will be done
in earth, as it is in heaven.

And here God shows us HOW HE DID MAKE US AS HE IS.... 1 John 4:17... Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Please note how the blue Scripture reflects God's POWERFUL salvation. Note that the BOLDNESS and the LOVE MADE PERFECT, AS HE IS, are all done right HERE ON EARTH! As it is done in heaven.

It is false teaching and faith to even think god CANNOT make a person perfect here on earth! God can DO ANYTHING He wants... AND HE WANTS PERFET PEOPLE HERE....

Even if I do not know a single perfect man, does that mean that there are no perfect men? Even if I have not SEEN one perfect man, does that mean I CAN see them? What about Angels? Are they perfect? Does angels of God sin, and still remain angels of God? Can God's angels sin? I know some did, but what about the ones that did not sin woth the others, DO THEY SIN?

Now! God says we should be kind to strangers for we might have entertained an ANGEL without even knowing it! Do you see we might be in the company of holy angels without even knowing it..... UNAWARE!

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Does our LACK of knowledge make this ANGEL less holy or without sin? NOPE! It just leaves us as KIND HEARTED unknowledgeable fools! May we know the knowledge of God, and KNOW ANGELS...

May the WILL of God be done in us, AS IN HEAVEN.
And may I only give God all the credit