The Old People’s Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
To be precise, we have the responsibility to use Christ's authority to enforce His will in the world. And yes there is too little understanding on this.
But then, “enforcing His will” means bringing peace to the world.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
But then, “enforcing His will” means bringing peace to the world.
Absolutely. Isn't that what we're trying to do every time we lend a hand, give a word, or effect a healing..? To bring Christ's peace into the world, or at least that part of it that surrounds us?

The importance to the point was understanding the chain of authority. It is Christs authority, but we are charged with using it. In MY name, YOU will do these things He said. Going back to a couple other posts, it makes a difference in that you don't point at the big bad spirit and pray 'Lord take care of this guy', you face the spirit and pray 'in Jesus name and authority I take care of you'.

Sorry, I'm old and easily distracted. What was the OP?

M

MaggieMye

Ricky: Zone does not believe in the BIBLICAL concept (EX 20:5) of generational curses, which is a spiritual LAW. Spiritual laws are eternal...they did not change with the shed blood of Christ like the Mosaic Law and some of the Levitical laws. Christ's propitiation does address generational curses but it must be understood and applied. Hos 4:6...people perish because they do not know/understand this.
Being under a generational curse does NOT mean that one WILL or Must participate in the type of sin that afforded the curse. It does mean that when one is Born again all past SINS are obliterated and one has a clean slate, one still has the PROPENSITY towards that type of sin; the iniquity is in the blood and must also be dealt with. There are over 190 verses that speak of iniquity in scripture. A study is worth the effort.

Maggie

Dec 19, 2009
Absolutely. Isn't that what we're trying to do every time we lend a hand, give a word, or effect a healing..? To bring Christ's peace into the world, or at least that part of it that surrounds us?

The importance to the point was understanding the chain of authority. It is Christs authority, but we are charged with using it. In MY name, YOU will do these things He said. Going back to a couple other posts, it makes a difference in that you don't point at the big bad spirit and pray 'Lord take care of this guy', you face the spirit and pray 'in Jesus name and authority I take care of you'.

I was just trying to make the point that the reason we promote the Lord’s is that we know it’s best for us. We don’t do it because we are bullies.

Dec 19, 2009

I’ve forgotten what the op is also. Something about old people. I think I wanted to find out if us old people had any sense.

K

Kefa52

That's an easy answer. No sense here on this post...hehe

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Ricky: Zone does not believe in the BIBLICAL concept (EX 20:5) of generational curses, which is a spiritual LAW. Spiritual laws are eternal...they did not change with the shed blood of Christ like the Mosaic Law and some of the Levitical laws. Christ's propitiation does address generational curses but it must be understood and applied. Hos 4:6...people perish because they do not know/understand this.
Being under a generational curse does NOT mean that one WILL or Must participate in the type of sin that afforded the curse. It does mean that when one is Born again all past SINS are obliterated and one has a clean slate, one still has the PROPENSITY towards that type of sin; the iniquity is in the blood and must also be dealt with. There are over 190 verses that speak of iniquity in scripture. A study is worth the effort.

Maggie
looking forward to the New Covenant:

Jeremiah 31:29
In those days they shall no longer say: “‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children’s teeth are set on edge.’

oops....Re: The Old People’s Thread

everybody in my family walks with cane (when they get old).
somebody send me the generational-curse-buster formula!
n.m.: i found it online...only $29.99

love you anyways, maggie...:)
thanks for the study is worth it idea.
ancientzone

Dec 19, 2009
looking forward to the New Covenant:

Jeremiah 31:29
In those days they shall no longer say: “‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children’s teeth are set on edge.’

oops....Re: The Old People’s Thread

everybody in my family walks with cane (when they get old).
somebody send me the generational-curse-buster formula!
n.m.: i found it online...only $29.99

love you anyways, maggie...:)
thanks for the study is worth it idea.
ancientzone
You're at that age, Zone, if you're still following this thread, where you should be using a cane. I imagine you could find one at Wal-Mart.