To Be Born Again Is To Be Resurrected!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

Who did Jesus make alive? When are we made alive, since we are already alive? Come on read what it says and stop with what you want it to say

you have not given me what i asked you given me what you think it means!

Let me prove it to you again

Psalm 17:15 KJV
[15] As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Tell me when did David arise from the dead and look like God's likeness!
[h=3]Matthew 27:51-54[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]51 [/SUP]Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, [SUP]52 [/SUP]and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; [SUP]53 [/SUP]and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

[SUP]54 [/SUP]So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared greatly, saying, “Truly this was the Son of God!

go back and read Ephesians with some understanding. Lets read the better version
Ephesians 2:1-6 KJV
[1] And you hath he quickened , who were dead in trespasses and sins; [2] Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: [3] Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. [4] But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, [5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) [6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Are you in the heaven with Jesus? Are you?
Is the speaker of that text in heaven with Jesus?

Is he born again? Is he?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
No! What you are hearing is what you want to hear what you are reading is facts

You cannot be born again until the resurrection

as long as you are in the flesh you cannot be born again!
Lets read again what Jesus said

John 3:7-8 KJV
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. [8] The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Are you like the wind in a flesh body or in a spirit body?

all we have to do is read and believe what is written!
So you are dead and is why Christ died for you to born you alive in the Spirit of God, not in our flesh, and this is done by the resurrected Christ and thus we walk in the light as he is in the light this is written to you so that you don't sin.
John 2 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [SUP]2 [/SUP]and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [SUP]4 [/SUP]He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. [SUP]5 [/SUP]But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. [SUP]6 [/SUP]He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Flesh is weak, Spirit that is dead is willing but needs life. This Spirit is given back to us the one that Adam lost in eating of that tree and we get back God's live Spirit living in us that we decide to be led by, dead to the flesh that we were born with here on earth originally if we believe God's work through the Son on the cross
I am so sorry you are not getting this, love to you and praying for God to unveil this to you, all in God's timing not anyone else's

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Lets increase the understanding and include the living on when they are born again since the guy think I meant only the dead

born again is the resurrection people, at the resurrection we go from born of flesh to born of spirit whether we are dead or living when The Lord comes!

1 Thessalonians 4:14-18 KJV
[14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Whatever you been told about these verses this is the 1st resurrection

notice these dead and alive people are changed from flesh to spirit!
The verses you used are about the redemption of our bodies not our Spirits. By the cross at the resurrection we are made alive in Spirit of God. Our Spirits are redeemed

[h=3]Romans 6[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? [SUP]2[/SUP]God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? [SUP]3 [/SUP]Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? [SUP]4 [/SUP]Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: [SUP]6 [/SUP]knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. [SUP]7 [/SUP]For he that is dead is freed from sin. [SUP]8 [/SUP]Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: [SUP]9 [/SUP]knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. [SUP]10 [/SUP]For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Brother this is milk we discuss here you are making it into meat by using the incorrect verses

here Paul prove you wrong again

1 Corinthians 15:35-38,40,42,44 KJV
[35] But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? [36] Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: [37] And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain : [38] But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. [40] There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. [42] So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: [44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

It is sown a natural body(born from mother) it is raised a spiritual body(born from God)
You are free to deny that Christ came here to give us life through him by the cross here today all you want. I know that this unredeemed body is not redeemed until the coming of Christ again.
Unfortunately you are not seeing what is here now for you today in God's Spirit by the resurrected Christ. You continue to use scripture as in the resurrection as if we are not redeemed until then at all.
We are redeemed today in God's Spirit and are to walk by God's Spirit through trusting God to do this here and now.

Anyway all is great in Father through Christ and am thankful for his deliverance from sin here today.
Thanks Father, thanks Jesus, Love you for loving me first. Would not know what true love is without you.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Paul is talking about bodies in this resurrection chapter,

1 Corinthians 15:35-38,40,42,44 KJV
[35] But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? [36] Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: [37] And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain : [38] But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. [40] There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. [42] So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: [44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Lets get more proof on what Paul said above. When Jesus rose from the dead and the people saw him did he look different from his flesh and blood body than his spiritual body after resurrection? Let the bible prove that Jesus body looked the same he just was in another bodily form

John 20:25-28 KJV
[25] The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. [26] And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. [27] Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. [28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

What did Thomas call Jesus? God!
its obvious Jesus looked the same as he did in the flesh
so our spiritual body will look the same as our flesh body did
we will be on another form or substance!
Yes you are talking about our unredeemed bodies at the coming of Christ. I am talking about being redeemed here in the Spirit of God today, considering our unredeemed flesh dead and our Spirits made alive to God here and now.
I mean how can God only be worshipped today?
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So since the above verses are truth, then I venture to say we must be born again here and now today in God's Spirit to be able to worship God, praying you might finally see what is being said to you, for life eternally.
I do not disagree about the bodies will be redeemed, I am only pointing out here and now, do you agree? Okay if you don't we all have free will

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
homeward bound,i just want to completely understand what you are explaining.are you saying that paul didnt really NEED to re-baptize anyone as stated in the following scripture excerpt:paul himself REBAPTIZED the disciples of John the Baptist (Acts 19:1-5) in this same manner, saying, “Have ye received the Holy Ghost SINCE you believed? They said, ‘We know not whether there be any Holy Ghost.’ Paul said, “How was you baptized?” They said,’ We’ve been baptized unto John.’ Then said Paul, “John verily baptized with baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him that should come after him, that is on CHRIST JESUS.” WHEN THEY HEARD THIS, they were baptized in the NAME of the LORD JESUS” .also in the following scripture we see that this group at cornellius house had already received the holy ghost and were speaking with tongues YET they were still commanded by peter to be baptized.can someone please explain to me why they did this if it is not that important to our salvation?
Read on through to Acts 11 where Peter was saying what had happened and then he remembered this:
Acts 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost

There is only one baptism that brings life and that is the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. See what John said about the difference between the two
Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

See the two types of Baptisms? and yet there is only one and this is done after the resurrected Christ at Pentecost
Ephesians 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

[h=3]Acts 1:5[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]5 [/SUP]For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Then came Pentecost. So what is in effect today for new life in God, water or Spirit of God baptism?

Now you see why Paul said what he said to those that had only had water Baptism, and put hands on them to receive, and they received because they believed and were set free, to go and be at war with flesh.
Galatians 4:29
But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Ask God for this new life given in the resurrected Christ through the death of self? and be alive in God's Spirit here and now, dead to flesh nature.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Call it whatever

how Is man born of the spirit, the water and be like the wind?

How does man born if the spirit when he is born of the flesh?
John 3:6 KJV
[6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

everyone on this forum is born of a woman
not one person on this forum has been born of the spirit

Exactly first to be born here on earth of a woman, then of God's Spirit, by the resurrected Christ. If we are willing to be dead to this flesh we were born with. If one is not willing to be dead to self and world, then there is no life in that person.
Are you willing to be co-crucified with our Lord Christ? So that you might see the new life found in the resurrected Christ.
Read what Paul says about this in Phil 3
[h=3]Philippians 3[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

3 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. [SUP]2 [/SUP]Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. [SUP]3 [/SUP]For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. [SUP]4 [/SUP]Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: [SUP]5 [/SUP]circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; [SUP]6 [/SUP]concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. [SUP]7 [/SUP]But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. [SUP]8 [/SUP]Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, [SUP]9 [/SUP]and be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: [SUP]10 [/SUP]that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; [SUP]11 [/SUP]if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Originally Posted by homwardbound
So, Christ does not give life here and now through his resurrection?

Who resurrect us at the 1st resurrection? Jesus

When is man raised?

Those who are so blessed at the 1st resurrection
Some how that quote is misquoted, he does give life to us here and now, in God's Spirit through Christ's resurrection.
Pleas bring up the original quote, it has been manipulated by you some how.
I, feel for you in doing this and am in prayer over this, May God's blessing be upon you,
Thanks though, God is the one that knows truth and all will be revealed in my Father's time and now thank you for the misquote

Last edited:

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Who did Jesus make alive? When are we made alive, since we are already alive? Come on read what it says and stop with what you want it to say

you have not given me what i asked you given me what you think it means!

Let me prove it to you again

Psalm 17:15 KJV
[15] As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Tell me when did David arise from the dead and look like God's likeness!

go back and read Ephesians with some understanding. Lets read the better version
Ephesians 2:1-6 KJV
[1] And you hath he quickened , who were dead in trespasses and sins; [2] Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: [3] Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. [4] But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, [5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) [6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Are you in the heaven with Jesus? Are you?
in Spirit

1. John 4:23
    But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
    John 4:22-24 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
    John 4:23-25 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  3. John 14:17 even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
    John 14:16-18 (in Context) John 14 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  4. John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.