unclean spirits are or are not Fallen angels

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Laodicea

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. He seems to tell us what we need to know and what to believe.
God gives free choice but, is not the author of sin. If God is the author of sin then that would make Him unjust.

L

LT

I wish, as Christians, we could agree on what scripture tells us and what we see in our world.

Of course, allowing sin in our life doesn't mean we are possessed. According to Christ, and according to people's experience with possessed people, there is an actual demon living within them the people have chosen to give control of part of their life to. Many people who habitually sin are not possessedWhen people give complete control of their life to the Holy Spirit, they also daily cleanse themselves by honestly and bravely facing their sin and repenting of it. But being possessed means that they chose to not give complete control to the Holy Spirit within them, they chose to follow a spirit of evil so it can live within them. We are always free to choose, even after we have received the Holy Spirit. It would be nice if God took our choice away when we accept Christ, but that is pie in the sky. We can still choose. The 40 days Christ spent in the wilderness being tempted is one illustration of that.
i guess I misunderstood your point then. I retract my argumentative wording. We might not be on the same page, but it seems we are at least in the same Book.

Jan 6, 2012
I think, too, there are different types of evil spirits.

I especially like your point that classes should be offered on this. In our world evil is common. News of genocide almost goes unnoticed. Immorality is even part of our churches. Acceptance of evil is just beginning to come to the field of psychology.

My friend and I discussed this for some time one afternoon. He felt we should only study Christ, that putting knowledge of evil in our minds wasn't profitable. I felt that knowing about evil and being able to recognize it, know how damaging it is, and how to avoid it was profitable. Both of us had valid points. Even in the Lord's Prayer, we pray to be delivered from evil. Evil is in our world, more powerful than ever. How can we stay away from it if we don't recognize it? Evil is promoted by teaching humanism, by teaching tolerance to mean acceptance of evil, by teaching that our possessions are a mark of our worth, that looking sexy is a good thing, that books, TV, movies need to be exciting with pictures of evil. Many ways. Shouldn't we learn to recognize it?
I think that as Christians, we generally lack like really huge amounts of understanding. Not learning how to know evil is so backward. It's like not wanting to know if your friend is gossiping about you, etc. Most important is that the Bible tells us to know the enemy and his schemes. It's hard to misconstrue all the passages in OT and NT that mention this.