What does it mean to die to the world and law?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2013
we will discuss this fully when i recover but for this part, i think we have to read before to see what exactly the scriptures is talking about of what is written on our hearts you gave me romans 15 well i'm gonna show you what romans 2:14 says so we can see exactly what is written on their hearts Romans 2:14-15

King James Version (KJV)

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

do you see it? they are not showing the works of the law as to follow it but against it, this is how every person is before they meet christ they do the complete opposite of the law by nature, see because we are born in sin, and that sin is upon us we can't help but sin because it's by our nature, read it again to understand, we will finish this fully when i recover by the grace of God until then keep me in your prayers for strength and faith through this time
i am NT and this is a confusing thing your said it says accusing or excusing:confused:

I will look at this verses again

C

CRC

The Law that God gave to the Israelites was perfect. It fully achieved the purposes for which God established it—to protect his people and to make them aware of his high standards. (Romans 7:7-14) The Law was a good tutor. For some who lived under its protection, however, its requirements might have seemed burdensome. Hence, Paul could write that when God’s appointed time arrived, “Christ by purchase released us from the curse of the Law.” The Law was a “curse” only in the sense that it subjected imperfect Jews to standards they could not completely measure up to. It called for the scrupulous observance of rituals. Once a Jew accepted the superior provision made possible by Jesus’ ransom sacrifice, adherence to the tutor’s restrictions was no longer necessary.—Galatians 3:13; 4:9, 10.
Paul’s focus, then, in likening the Law of Moses to a tutor was to emphasize its custodial function and its temporary nature.

Oct 31, 2011
Instead of trying to pull each word in each verse apart, wouldn't it be a wiser course to stand back, first, and look at the overall plan God has for us? It is simple to get a wrong understanding from one verse, but not when many verses say the same thing.

One basic teaching all through the bible is we are to obey the law.
Another: When we don't, we can go to Christ for forgiveness, and our part in that is repentance
Another: We can not obey law perfectly, we are human
Another: Salvation only comes from God, we can't create it on our own
Another: It is through the spirit that comes from God we are given to know of spiritual things of Christ
Another: It is the words of scripture we are dependent on, God is in the word.
Another: Law is to be obeyed in spirit and truth, without that obedience is nothing.

We have a lot of hard to understand words, especially from Paul, but every word must fit. "We are not under law but grace" "the law is our schoolmaster" "the curse of the law" "the work of the law written in our hearts". God is one, from genesis to revelation. God principles do not change. The God principles are told to us using the lives lived over 6,000 years. But we are to know scripture as one unit, all to fit together into one solid whole.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
The law of the spirit in Christ the grace and truth covenant true love true holiness that we may abound in the everlasting eternity in Christ a kingdom of the spirit

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
It is true the way Scripture says, but what most the world says is walking in the Spirit IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT SCRIPTURES SAYS.

also on your last verse, I will point out a microcosom of my main point, that the requirement for these blessing is always hidden and the OPPISITE manner to recieve them is taught:

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1 Yahchanan 2:6, "whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked."

ask a 1000 "believers" if Christ Jesus is in them, I bet virtually all of them say yes, then ask them if they do as He did, I bet you virtually all of them say no.

If #2 is a no (who cares what one claims) then #1 is also NO.

I know that doesnt sit well with the mega church, new age, grace perversion, once saved always saved, free from the Law, I do noting He does it all, etc teaching, BUT MR HB IT IS SCRIPTURAL TRUTH!
actually it is how one responds to the truth and many are called and few are chosen. I do not have to convince anyone I know what flesh does and how flesh acts out goodness when no flesh will ever please God, and all know this whether they admit or not.
And the verses are for those that want to know God to seek out God and the truth of God. Then yes that one will do as God does by Faith as Christ did
Christ did or said nothing without the lead of the Holy Spirit of God living in him.
After Christ's death, resurrection, ascension, he sent the same Holy Ghost to all that believe to lead as shown in the day of Pentecost.
Why did they have to wait? did they not already know the truth, the laws to keep?
So why do you promote me must do, when no flesh can do? Only flesh that ever did was and is Christ's alone
So by Faith in Christ we walk as he walked period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I know as you just said there are many fakes out there promoting sin, as getting flesh to try to stop sin when all that does is cause more sin to think to the flesh whether one wants to stop sin one just can't, not of themselves can they
Galatians 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

By flesh one is still sinning then it is by their flesh? and God came through Christ to give life in the Spirit of God and this id odne by the resurrected Christ for new life in the Spirit of God
Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

And walking in flesh not Spirit is what has one to continue in sin as you are stating about people claiming something and doing something else in stead.
In the Spirit of God there is no sin. So be born again dead to flesh and alive to God, by the operation of God through Faith

Nov 2, 2013
Love, charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, modesty and continency....

These are the "laws" of the spirit. You cannot have the spirit without all of these. If you have all of these you cannot sin in earthly law because it will violate one of the spiritual laws therefore you don't have the spirit and are bound by the moral law in the flesh you broke.

By this when you have the spirit you are no longer bound by moral law but you remember the moral law to guide others out of perdition.

Nov 2, 2013
They line up to cover the ten commandments in order as listed.....match them and find deeper understanding of the law.

Jul 27, 2011
Jesus said, if one does not believe the writings of Moses, they won't believe the words of Jesus?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Please read all of the comparisons below you are able to read, at least in English. Of course we who are in Jesus Christ are in His dead Body risen. The law no longer has power over us. Ask yourself why and how this is so in view of the reality that sin is still possible? If we sin it is not held against us therefore the punishment of sin is no longer to be feared, for our guilt is not imputed to us. God's grace is fresh every morning, but it is never to be abused. Our Father knows our frame, and this is why we need to be in the Body of Yeshua for He has done all for us, and will continue to do so as long as we remain in Him. Happy Birthday Yeshua......................

Rom 7:4

(ASV)

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also were made dead to the law through the body of Christ; that ye should be joined to another, even to him who was raised from the dead, that we might bring forth fruit unto God.

(CEV)

That is how it is with you, my friends. You are now part of the body of Christ and are dead to the power of the Law. You are free to belong to Christ, who was raised to life so that we could serve God.

(Darby)

So that, my brethren, *ye* also have been made dead to the law by the body of the Christ, to be to another, who has been raised up from among the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.

(DRB)

Therefore, my brethren, you also are become dead to the law, by the body of Christ: that you may belong to another, who is risen again from the dead that we may bring forth fruit to God.

(FDB)

C'est pourquoi, mes frères, vous aussi, vous avez été mis à mort à la loi par le corps du Christ, pour être à un autre, à celui qui est ressuscité d'entre les morts, afin que nous portions du fruit pour Dieu.

(FLS)

De même, mes frères, vous aussi vous avez été, par le corps de Christ, mis à mort en ce qui concerne la loi, pour que vous apparteniez à un autre, à celui qui est ressuscité des morts, afin que nous portions des fruits pour Dieu.

(HNT)

וכן אחי גם־אתם הייתם כמתים לתורה בגוית המשיח להיות לאחר לאשר נעור מן־המתים למען נעשה־פרי לאלהים׃

(INR)

Così, fratelli miei, anche voi siete stati messi a morte quanto alla legge mediante il corpo di Cristo, per appartenere a un altro, cioè a colui che è risuscitato dai morti, affinché portiamo frutto a Dio.

(IRL)

Così, fratelli miei, anche voi siete divenuti morti alla legge mediante il corpo di Cristo, per appartenere ad un altro, cioè a colui che è risuscitato dai morti, e questo affinché portiamo del frutto a Dio.

(ISV)

In the same way, my brothers, through the Messiah's body you also died as far as the Law is concerned, so that you may belong to another person, the one who was raised from the dead, and may bear fruit for God.

(KJV)

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

(KJV+)

Wherefore,[SUP]G5620 myG3450 brethren,G80 yeG5210 alsoG2532 are become deadG2289 to theG3588 lawG3551 byG1223 theG3588 bodyG4983 of Christ;G5547 that yeG5209 should be marriedG1096 to another,G2087 even to him who is raisedG1453 fromG1537 the dead,G3498 thatG2443 we should bring forth fruitG2592 unto God.G2316 [/SUP]

[SUP]

(ROB)

Aşa că, fraţii mei, şi voi aţi murit Legii, prin trupul lui Hristos, spre a fi ai altuia, ai Celui ce a înviat din morţi, ca să aducem roade lui Dumnezeu.

(SSE)

Así también vosotros, hermanos míos, sois muertos a la ley en el cuerpo del Cristo, para que seáis de otro, del que resucitó de los muertos, para que fructifiquemos a Dios.

(Vulgate)

itaque fratres mei et vos mortificati estis legi per corpus Christi ut sitis alterius qui ex mortuis resurrexit ut fructificaremus Deo

(Webster)

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit to God.

(WNT)

So, my brethren, to you also the Law died through the incarnation of Christ, that you might be wedded to Another, namely to Him who rose from the dead in order that we might yield fruit to God.

[/SUP]

Last edited:

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Love, charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, modesty and continency....

These are the "laws" of the spirit. You cannot have the spirit without all of these. If you have all of these you cannot sin in earthly law because it will violate one of the spiritual laws therefore you don't have the spirit and are bound by the moral law in the flesh you broke.

By this when you have the spirit you are no longer bound by moral law but you remember the moral law to guide others out of perdition.
Being tin the above state is of the Spirit of God only. Therefore we are to reckon ourselves daily dead to flesh with Christ's death to flesh at the cross. This is the mental mind renew from God to us all. To die daily to self to trust God to live his love through you, at least this is what I have come to the conclusion of
Read Romans 6, 7 and 8, showing us the war of flesh and God's Spirit and which to live by?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Jesus said, if one does not believe the writings of Moses, they won't believe the words of Jesus?
Does this mean we are to get caught up under the curse of the flesh and obey the Law? And then rise above the flesh in the Spirit of God by God and for God through Son, a gift from God to all, that believe God to do this for them through Son?
What was meant to show us our inability to be perfect (The Law of Moses) and need Christ the perfect in order to see and talk to God, to be led by God yes? As Christ was led, by the Holy Spirit of God the Father, where he did nothing or said nothing without Father's lead. Is this why he sent us the Holy Spirit of Promise to all those that believe God to separate error from truth in us?
And is this also why the Disciples had to wait for the Holy Spirit of God to indwell them?
I mean did they not already know the truth? So why wait, had to be a reason?
Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

2Thewaters

Since the law is eternal and the basis of Gods kingdom

being dead to the law can only happen when we accept JEsus sacrifice for our sins
the penalty is paid
the law sees shows us no longer in offense

we have died
as long as we dont go and break the speed limit again we will be sinless.

when you get a ticket you pay a fine
if the judge pays the fine for you
since you are broke,
you dont go out and hate him and speed again...

the law is eternl

People who love Jesus and love his law are glad it is there to help us see our faults, then we go to Jesus

and people who love God are very hap[y for the Sabbath
where he abides in us for 24 hours and recreates our hearts and minds to be like him

only the enemy will ever say the law is done away with
that is wishful thinking for criminals

2Thewaters

Read the book of Romans straight through
he answers the question of a person who asked him:
since the laws of circumcision are donw away with do we still keep Gods moral laws
and at the end of Romans Paul says
Yes we still keep the moral laws.

Sep 4, 2012
Read the book of Romans straight through
he answers the question of a person who asked him:
since the laws of circumcision are donw away with do we still keep Gods moral laws
and at the end of Romans Paul says
Yes we still keep the moral laws.
There is no such thing as GOD's moral law. There is only GOD's spiritual law. Moral law is just a man-made term created to conflate the ideas of law and spirit into a leavened mixture that serves man's needs. There is either law or spirit; there is no middle ground.