what scares you the MOST about getting married ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

ArtsieSteph

About being married? Hm...

Either that we'd have a hard time compromising/working things out together, or...having a baby. Scared to death of that.

G

GreenNnice

This use to terrify me as well. One day, God told me, "Not all men hit." His truth calmed the storm of fear in my soul.

Surrendering your heart and life to God, truly and completely, and laying facedown before Him and telling Him, "Father, You know me better than I know myself...You choose." removes the rest of the fear. :)
IF the guy fears the Lord, and, the bible says he sure better (in a marriage relationship)you have nothing to fear, mystydancer :)

That's exactly what i fear. i am not rebellious or anything it's just that men can be so controlling and demanding at times i don't want to become some sort of slave type wife. and i MUST follow God's words.
Again, servanthoodgirl, nothing for you to fear , the guy you marry will be not contolling you in any slave way because that is not God''s and He with the Lord leading (Spirit led) will not be that way. :)

Staying in love for life. Im super loyal, but this is for ever.
When time is right, Mirandablues, The Lord will make loyalty easy, pray to Him for becoming able to commit. When you are ready, God will let you know. Your heart will let you know, from His leading. Proverbs 16:3 :)

B

ButterflyPrincess

Well I dealt with abusive parents so I have a trust issue, I'm really afraid he's gonna lie to me, insult me, hit me and I end up leaving him.

G

GraceReborn

hmmmmm...

I have come to understand that God orchestrated marriage for His greater glory..
the thought of failing to meet that purpose scares me.

Will my future husband and I be an epitome of how Jesus loves the Church?

Failure in marriage is hell in this life and the next. I've had a taste of it, not going back :)

For now, I'd take Paul's advice and remain as I am.... SINGLE but not alone :)