What will you do when God calls for civil disobedience?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Married_Richenbrachen

Ignoring the law because of faith? I'm sure when a Muslim does that it's got a certain name.

Be careful with this conversation.
You mean separation of "church" and state? Freedom of speech? Freedom of religion?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Then we should share the Gospel more! These people aren't saved, or they wouldn't be making these laws.
Arguing about the laws will do no good. The world is destined for fire either way, and all men are destined for hell: unless they believe in Jesus Christ.
It's true that arguing will do no good.......however, taking a stand against laws that violate God's Law, and actively working to overturn such laws (via the system given) should be the duty of all believers.

I firmly believe it is the apathetic attitude of believers (the Church) that has been the "norm" for many years now that has led to all these un-Godly laws being enacted. And, it may well be too late for the Church to rise up now, and take a stand. But, hey, if we don't try, we will never know will we?

2nd Chronicles 7:14) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

The ball's in OUR COURT is it not?

Last edited:
L

letti

God,always comes first government is ruled by men.When government is against, God and we obey that, who are we really obeying?The nazi regime was beyond wicked ruled by one of the Beasts,God tells us not to be obedient to evil.I'f I must choose then I choose God.

john832

May 31, 2013
Do people think the NWO is real? Do you believe Christianity will be outlawed?
I think the government in England are doing a fantastic job turning people away from the Church of England. I have seen two churches close in my area because secularisation is taking over and our numbers are falling.
Nominal Christianity will be the religion of the Day. True worshippers will be persecuted...

Mat 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Organized religion will again be the driving force in persecuting true Christians.

As far as the government in England driving people out of the CoE, best news I've heard in a while out of the Isles.

john832

May 31, 2013
Things seem to be happening in America but not here in Britain. I feel like I have woken up recently instead of blindly following the media/government so I'm still coming to terms with all of these things. I know things are going to get harder too but do people think the end times are coming and do they think the book of revelations are playing out? I'm genuinly asking because I do feel like things are worse (people becoming more aggressive, resession, secularisation etc)
It will get better for those who follow the great false prophet...

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

This guy with the fish-head hat will enable the Beast to do amazing things. The Beast will apparently bring peace (when there is no peace), order and properity to a world that is suffering from military and economic hardships.

Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

People will worship the Beast (in reality this is worshipping Satan) because he will seemingly solve the tremendous problems they are facing. Ever see the films of the German people assembled and enthralled with the appearance of Adolf Hitler and his war machine?

He was this...

Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

The final resurrection of the Holy Roman Empire is coming about right before our eyes.

john832

May 31, 2013
cant be hidden if you know about it lol.
Hmmm, just for fun...

1Co 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Paul knew about it.

john832

May 31, 2013
Isn't unity exactly what Christ commanded after the last supper?
If any of those men trust in Christ alone for their salvation, then they are our brothers; even if they call themselves Catholic. I think too many people are studying too much eschatology and not enough Gospel and Epistles.
Learn from the clear doctrine, then move to the unclear(prophecy).

I don't fully support the way this "ECCUMENICAL MOVEMENT" is happening, but the spirit of unity should be one of the MAIN GOALS of all Christians.

to the OP: civil disobedience is necessary when the government restricts evangelism, discipleship, and fellowship. However, violence to gain those is not a Christ-like idea.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

And then we are admonished to...

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Not being critical here, just saying we must not be naive...

Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

C

ChristianWrigley

How will we know the false prophet is false? In this age anyone can be convincing enough

W

weakness

"​Resist not evil"........" In your patients possess ye your souls"......."Greater love has no man than this , that he lay down his life......" The Kingdom of God is at Hand... Take no thought what you shall say before hand ,for the Spirit himself will give you what to speak(and do) in that same hour. Praise the great and all knowing God and our Savior Jesus Christ.