Where do you look for other singles?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

agirlandherguitar

Honestly we are EVERYWHERE. You just have to probe to find us. The church seems like a logical choice to find somebody, but in my experience (as well as all my single girl friends) you won't necessarily meet somebody you click with just because they go to the same church. Sometimes there are some real weirdos at church and who claim to be "Christian". That's when it get's really discouraging.

egeiro

Mar 17, 2015
I have always heard to find other singles is by driving a little too fast and so you get pulled over by a police officer. I have never actually had the guts to do that one myself, I do wave at them though
By this, I assume you mean attracting the police officer's attention? Look, I never want to box myself as a female cliché, but I must admit, I go weak at the knees for a man in uniform. I couldn't even help it if I tried. I get shy, all the blood rushes to my face, one time I actually, very literally, went wobbly at the knees. It's terrible, it's like my kryptonite.

If someone could explain why this happens, that would be great. All I know is that it leaves me feeling silly. I may get whimsical at times, but I do like a collected disposition.

egeiro

Mar 17, 2015
Tell them to put a fragile sticker on the box though...

Otherwise... the consequences can be dire. Dire I say.

Oh. In my mind, I thought it would be more like a Disney ride, only compact style. I guess I thought wrong.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
They're all over, but I don't particularly seek them out over others.

T

Tickety-toc

has been successful? If it was... why would you refer to me as "single"? LOL
Church... just not my own church. In my church the only single girls are 16 and under and one single mom of 45... I like my church, but don't come here to seek single girls. On the other hand there are a few single men. Not too many but all between 22 and 40

R

Richie_2uk

I would normally look at the church for my first choice but with only one other person anywhere near my age who works most all Sundays I find myself looking in different places. I try to avoid the bar scene for women. I do like looking at the bookstore and sometimes places like best buy and what not.

What about everyone else? Is there anyplace that has been successful for you where most people wouldn't look?
If it's God's will first off, then I can't see the problem. But for me to be with a partner, Though I don't, as its not my personal desire to have one, Though for those who are looking. I would trust God on his will first, and let God put the right person before you on your path and be patient.

We can make huge mistakes sometimes going it alone searching for that right partner, only to find out all that effort from yourself, was a complete waste of time, though you may have made some good frends from your search, but its not what you really want which is a relationship and possible marriage. but if we go it alone in our searches, we won't find that right person, because even if you do, it still may not be God's will for both of you to be together.

So Pray about it, Trust in God's will, and allow God to put that right person on your path. But that's if you are called to have relationships and marry. What's that verse about God giving you the desires of the heart? yes that's a great verse, but hew will give it but according to his will....

That would be my first option of search. Second, this is were you have to be a little wise, as you will probably be aware of the scams and internet romance scams around on these dating sites. You just have to be wise and be mindful about them.

Or third option is to let fate bring both you persons together, if you are a believer of fate. you may be walking to the store or shops. and you see a person dropped there bags or something and you went over to help and assist, and all of a sudden you both caught eye and instantly fall in love, sounds like a movie lol But as you may know things like that don't happen in real life, maybe one in a Billion Billion people on earth, lol But I would steer towards the first option. trust in God, seek his will, and be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cmarieh

By this, I assume you mean attracting the police officer's attention? Look, I never want to box myself as a female cliché, but I must admit, I go weak at the knees for a man in uniform. I couldn't even help it if I tried. I get shy, all the blood rushes to my face, one time I actually, very literally, went wobbly at the knees. It's terrible, it's like my kryptonite.

If someone could explain why this happens, that would be great. All I know is that it leaves me feeling silly. I may get whimsical at times, but I do like a collected disposition.
I am actually attracted to men in uniform because I respect and value all their hard work because I do know it is not an easy job as when they leave for work they don't know whether they will be coming back and for that I am truly thankful. Most of the police officers are very authoritative by nature and a huge part of me craves that in a man I would love to marry.

S

ServantStrike

I am actually attracted to men in uniform because I respect and value all their hard work because I do know it is not an easy job as when they leave for work they don't know whether they will be coming back and for that I am truly thankful. Most of the police officers are very authoritative by nature and a huge part of me craves that in a man I would love to marry.
Be careful there.

Some of the more authoritative guys are legalists, or worse. You do realize that any man of God who's not neutered is going to be a take charge guy by nature right?

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
you're not going to find any hymnals in napa valley, Cat.
Why do you think she's "not going to find any hymnals in Napa Valley"? Are you saying you believe there are no Christians in Napa Valley? Just curious.

May 3, 2013
Unintentionally, last year, I met my last GF in a church but, since I´m not any longer interested in being married, I only would meet them in my dreams.

:p

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
Why do you think she's "not going to find any hymnals in Napa Valley"? Are you saying you believe there are no Christians in Napa Valley? Just curious.
hey now.jpg
Please??

Dec 1, 2014
Uh...the maturity level on that one.......plummets to an all time low..Seriously? Forcing an officer of the law to pull you over as a flirting technique? What next? Faking an illness to meet an ambulance driver? Perhaps pretending you're choking in a restaurant to see who will give you mouth to mouth resusatation? With this kind of rationale, the sky is the limit....sheesh!!!!!

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Hi pwrnJC, you have walked into the wrong forum. Again.

:rolleyes:

T

Tintin

Uh...the maturity level on that one.......plummets to an all time low..Seriously? Forcing an officer of the law to pull you over as a flirting technique? What next? Faking an illness to meet an ambulance driver? Perhaps pretending you're choking in a restaurant to see who will give you mouth to mouth resusatation? With this kind of rationale, the sky is the limit....sheesh!!!!!
People sometimes do stupid things for the one they love/have a crush on.

C

cmarieh

Be careful there.

Some of the more authoritative guys are legalists, or worse. You do realize that any man of God who's not neutered is going to be a take charge guy by nature right?
Very true. That is the way God created men and it makes me grateful that is attractive to me. Although there are men out there that are controlling and manipulative, but if they are a true man of God they would not be.

M

MollyConnor

I like firefighters :eek:

Shannon50

May 9, 2015
Maybe you could try going to a Christian music festival or conference or something that you are interested in (Trying to pull this thread out of the gutter... Trying to redeem my last post...)

C

cmarieh

You do realize they take off their uniform when they get home, or aren't on duty, right? Oh, nevermind, maybe that's not a problem :D (JOKING!!)
Its probably the mentality of the firefighters that makes them attractive