Which will happen first, The Ezekiel 38 Gog War or the Rapture?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

john832

May 31, 2013
I think we are at an impasse, time will declare the fulfillment ot the prophecies in question. Until then, each of us will have to agree to disagree. I am rather tired of the bickering on this site.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
I think we are at an impasse, time will declare the fulfillment ot the prophecies in question. Until then, each of us will have to agree to disagree. I am rather tired of the bickering on this site.
I agree that we will just have to disagree. and to wait for its fulfilment.

What I am trying to have is your opinion on the already fulfilled captivity in Babylon. What is your view, was that another exodus?

john832

May 31, 2013
I agree that we will just have to disagree. and to wait for its fulfilment.

What I am trying to have is your opinion on the already fulfilled captivity in Babylon. What is your view, was that another exodus?
No, Israel never came back. Judah did, but the Diaspora remained dispersed. They never came back to the land, only Judah Benjamin and part of Levi.

Last edited:

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
No, Israel never came back. Judah did, but the Diaspora remained dispersed. They never came back to the land, only Judah Benjamin and part of Levi.
No, its not an exodus? or No, its not the gathering...????

Both Israel and Judah were Dispersed, right?

john832

May 31, 2013
No, its not an exodus? or No, its not the gathering...????

Both Israel and Judah were Dispersed, right?
Yes, but Israel was not brought back. They are still called the Diaspora. The dispersion is not the exodus...

(I am assuming that you know that Israel and Judah are two separate entities here)

Jer 23:7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
Jer 23:8 But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Judah is there (although there are Jews still in other parts of the world), Benjamin is there (they are part of Judah, the Southern nation) and part of Levi (Levi was dispersed throughout Israel) but Israel is not there today. They will not be brought back until teh return of Christ.

konroh

Sep 17, 2013
Raptures the church of all the ages of history, Jews and Gentiles. "ONE FLOCK" of Jh,10. Th dead are raised first and then we,who are alive are changed and we all are raptured to Heaven for 3 -1/2 yrs. And, NO, the rapture can not happen tomorrow. That is my humble opinion. Oh, we will rule this earth with Jesus 3-1/2 yrs,later from Jerusalem. Love to all Hoffco
What is the primary reason you believe the Rapture has to occur mid-trib? To escape the wrath of God? Do you think it's really invalid that the entire tribulation period is a manifestation of the wrath of God?

D

Delivery

Which do you believe will occur first?
The Ezekiel 38 Gog vs Israel War or
The Rapture?

Please try to support your views with scriptures.
The rapture. Cause the gog war of Ezekiel is about the battle of armageddon of rev. 19.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Yes, but Israel was not brought back. They are still called the Diaspora. The dispersion is not the exodus...

(I am assuming that you know that Israel and Judah are two separate entities here)

Jer 23:7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
Jer 23:8 But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Judah is there (although there are Jews still in other parts of the world), Benjamin is there (they are part of Judah, the Southern nation) and part of Levi (Levi was dispersed throughout Israel) but Israel is not there today. They will not be brought back until teh return of Christ.

The Northern Kingdom and the Southern Kingdom were two separate kingdoms but not entities.
They were separated due to the sins of Solomon, his kingdom was divided.

After the babylonian conquest, the two kingdoms were no more.

There was no kingdom of Judah, neither the Kingdom of Israel.

They returned as the Children of Israel.

[Luk 2:36] KJV And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;

Anna was there from the tribe of Aser of the northern Kingdom, during those days.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
What is the primary reason you believe the Rapture has to occur mid-trib? To escape the wrath of God? Do you think it's really invalid that the entire tribulation period is a manifestation of the wrath of God?
The wrath of God is only the Bowls judgments then of course when Christ returns He quickly slays His enemies. Seals 1-4 are all dealing with Man. Trumpets 1-6 are Satan's wrath. It's pretty clear since the angel of God from the East has to tell the 4 angels (of Satan) to hold off until God's servants are sealed.

konroh

Sep 17, 2013
We have four angels holding back the four winds shown after the 6th seal. (It's not said that these are Satan's angels.) Then we have 144,000 sealed. I will grant you that God's angels are more powerful than Satan's angels, but I also believe that the Bible has no problem with labeling Satan's angels. The Bible calls them demons. Trumpets 1-6 being Satan's wrath doesn't work well with Rev. 8: 2And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them." All seven angels with their seven trumpets are pictured as belonging to God.

Not wishing to pick a fight, thanks for your response.

zone

Jun 13, 2010

ummm...

"Why is something so clear, so difficult for the indoctrinated to receive? The New Covenant was promised to Israel and Judah [6], and when Christ established the New Covenant Church, He brought that promise to it's fulfillment. Jesus Christ came into the world to redeem Israel and bring the restoration of the Kingdom, and that is precisely what He did."

Luke 1:68-69
"Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David...

The 10 lost tribes of Israel

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
We have four angels holding back the four winds shown after the 6th seal. (It's not said that these are Satan's angels.) Then we have 144,000 sealed. I will grant you that God's angels are more powerful than Satan's angels, but I also believe that the Bible has no problem with labeling Satan's angels. The Bible calls them demons. Trumpets 1-6 being Satan's wrath doesn't work well with Rev. 8: 2And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them." All seven angels with their seven trumpets are pictured as belonging to God.

Not wishing to pick a fight, thanks for your response.
Even Satan has to stand before God and receive permission to harm God's people. See the Book of Job. There is absolutely no doubt that trumpets 1-6 are from Satan. Trumpets 5 + 6 are pretty obviously controlled by Satan so there is little doubt there. If you read Rev 18 and learn that the Bowls are poured out in double strength against the Beast and his kingdom to avenge what Satan did, and you match up Bowls 1 through 5 to trumpets 1-5 you see that this is exactly what is happening. It is really clear matching Bowls 2-4 to Trumpets 2-4.