who did Cain get married to?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
I see no harm in trying to figure out who Cain married. It doesn't say, so apparently not that important to the book about God. But we are curious creatures.

My curiosity in trying to figure out how it all worked out has landed me some interesting bits about God. Who did keep track of the genealogy in Genesis for instance? To my way of thinking the obvious choice is God.

However, Alex Haley once sat listening to the historian in an African tribe for six hours as she ran down the lists of forefathers. Then she said, "Kunta Kinke." Kunta Kinke! Alex Haley just heard the name of his great-great-great grandfather in two words of another language. It is possible for the family between Adam and Eve all the way to Moses really were capable of remembering that many forefathers from years of training. And it is possible Noah memorized the list before the Big Float. (He had 100 years of boat building to memorize the list in. It's doable! lol)

How does it hurt to think in these terms?

And, if you are so against arguing, then didn't you just start one by arguing against arguing? lol
Do you hear yourself talking........ The Holy Bible does not tell us who Cain's wife was. Period We do not know.... It does not say a lot of people names but that did not mean they were not there.

It is ok to research the Bible and if there is one verse amongst the 32,000 verses that tell us Her Name,,,,Great WORK on your part... But please don't be like so many of the rest,,,,try to make the verses tell you something you want to hear. PLease!

May 13, 2017
The Bible recorded that after Cain killed his brother, and the Lord cursed him and put a mark on him so no one would kill him, that he departed and later got married. Now my question is, if Cain and Abel were the first children and Adam and Eve were God's first creation, where did Cain get the woman he got married to? Shalom!
Glozz the Bible does not say that God curse Cain God said "you are cursed" If I said "You are ugly" That would not mean I made you ugly..See what I mean? Cain sinned and the curse of sin landed on him...It was simple cause and effect. And God did not curse Adam either...You didn't say He cursed Adam but I threw it in for free. LOL

Jun 1, 2016
"Biblical genealogies are not complete, they are just for specific lines and important patriarchs information."

the geneologies from adam to seth, to noah, to abraham to david, to Christ...... the geneology of the Sons of God, when it gets to Jesus, the geneology becomes those born of the Son of God, to be Gods children and is still being recorded today :)

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Therefore to say that Cain's wife was his sister
Considering I never said any such thing,
Some would have had to have married siblings at first.
I shall ignore what you say here as being irrelevant.
Come on, there is actually only two possible answers to the question of the origin of Cain's wife, but since you are ignoring me then close your eyes while I tell the others what those two possibilities might be.

Okay you can look now since I have shown them from your question regarding the two possible responses on the question of who did Cain get married to? and only one those responses has the possibility of providing the answer.

However, it seems you want to say that God instituting different parts of His plan at different times is to say He changed. You could not be more wrong. Carry on...
Since God is eternal the mere fact you suggest the God would institute different parts at different time is sufficient to dismiss the validity the god was eternal. If eternal, all things which would be, would have already been.