Who is Your Favorite Super Hero? (Dedicated to Descyple's Super Horsey Guys.) :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Who is Your Favorite Super Hero, and Why?

• The Incredible Hulk (the original Mr. Green)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Storm (she's not moody... she just controls the weather...)

• I have a hero in my everyday life I would like to tell everyone about.

• Total voters

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Everyone,

Who is your favorite childhood super hero and why? (I know as Christians, our ULTIMATE hero is Jesus, but just for fun, I was wondering if anyone else out there has a favorite from the world of comics, games, movies, or stories.) As a kid, I used to sneak into my brother's comic closet and be whisked away into fantastic imaginary worlds (before he caught me and yelled at me for possibly bending a page.)

Personally, I have always been partial to Superman (I have a thing for heroes who can shoot lasers out of their eyes--that would come in handy for SO many things, such as cooking a burger, starting a warm fire with which to roast s'mores, and annihilating anything coming between me and the fridge), as well as The Amazing Spider-Man (I see myself as being just as much of a nerd as Peter Parker, except without all the brains, unfortunately!)

Occasionally, I love to egg on a good "discussion" over certain rivals ("Batman is just a rich boy in a cape!"-- Sorry, had to taunt my brother with that one!) and would probably be thrilled to meet the famous Stan Lee in person as well.

In an attempt to try to make myself more culturally aware, I asked my friend Descyple (aka,the self-appointed Sir Matthew of Galahad, all copyrights and trademarks used with permission ;)) if Canada has any super heroes.

He promptly replied, "Yes... They're called Canadian Mounties. However, I like to call them, 'The Super Horsey Guys.'" :D

"Oh really," I asked. "How super are they? Do their horses FLY??? HUH? HUH?"

I therefore concluded that flying must NOT be in their repertoire, henceforth, if it was, they would be called the "Super Pegasus-ey Guys." Thank goodness for the power of deductive reasoning.

(Disclaimer--I am not trying to make fun of anyone else's hero, and/or Canada, honest. It was an innocent question, and all in good fun! :))

How about all of you??? I know I can't possibly list them all... but tell us who makes your imagination fly!

P.S. I'm going to try to make the poll public so you can see whom other's favorites are as well. Maybe you'll strike up a conversation with another (insert super hero's name here) fan! ;)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hmm... I clicked the "make votes public" option but it doesn't seem to be working so excuse the minor setback... Happy Sharing! :)

Feb 10, 2008
Well, it's kind of hard to pick. I wasn't really allowed to watch many "super hero" shows as a kid.

I'd have to go with Captain Planet I think.

J

Jullianna

I HAD to pick Batgirl, of course. :) If I had to pick from the Bible (other than JESUS obviously :) ), I would have to say that David, Joshua and Caleb all rocked and I can't wait to talk with them someday.

Feb 10, 2008
Biblical superhero, I'd really like to say Daniel, but I think I have to go with Paul.

Jul 25, 2005
The Punisher. He beats his enemies by outwitting them...or making use of superior firepower. His psychological action is also fun. Can he really separate his drive for revenge with his quest for justice? I think he can, and that is part of the reason why he is a superhero. Crazy, mind you, but a superhero.

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Scripturally speaking my superhero is the prophet Elijah, because he single-handedly stood against an army of false prophets, and won!!! Perhaps the modern-day superhero ideal came from his life - just a thought. But as SeoulSearch mentioned, in a general sense the Canadian Mounties (a.k.a The Super Horsey Guys) come in a close second. They saved me many, many times from a multitude of irate and disorderly Canadian Geese! Like I always say, never trust a goose that would snitch out its own goslings in order to avoid jail time itself!!!

There is nothing more inspiring than seeing a herd of red and white Canadian Mounties (followed by a floating over-sized Canadian Flag) coming to your rescue call.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
^^^ Um... Sure... I'd feel a LOT safer with these guys around. *cough, cough, cough* Especially when being attacked by herds of geese and goslings, which of course, happens ALL the time!!! :D (Actually, I can't rip on this one too much--my first college was LOADED with geese in the spring... You'd literally have to walk through groups of them to get to the front door.) However, I think the most threatening part of this picture would be the over-sized Canadian flag... :p

Now how did we all know Jullianna would pick Batgirl? :) (I don't know much about Batgirl's history so I held back from any smart comments--that and I'd be way more afraid of Jules with a badge and a gun than I would be of BG!)

Lightning--good call on Captain Planet!! Had forgotten all about him.

Ritter--hadn't thought much about the Punisher's dilemma and only recently saw the movie... Very intriguing spin on a daily struggle for everyone--the quest for the higher good vs. our own personal motivations.

I love watching "super hero" movies (though they're usually only so-so) and if it's something from Marvel, am always on the lookout for Stan Lee's cameo appearances.

As far as Biblical heroes go, I find myself relating well to Jeremiah--he was moody, sometimes very depressed, fought with his faith (saying he tried to hold God's Words back but they burned like a fire in his bones), but most of all, he told God everything, good and bad, and I can certainly sympathize with that. I was always amazed that Jeremiah was so close to God, that God warned him of what other people were thinking: "Your friends and family are smiling at you with open arms, but in their hearts, they're plotting to kill you." Not exactly happy times, but I admire God and Jeremiah's frank honesty with each other.

Though I would have to agree with Descyple (not so much about the Super Horsey Guys :))--seeing one of God's servants call down fire that zapped up an entire altar, sacrifice, and moat of water in one shot right in front of heathen crowd and monarchy would be pretty doggone amazing!!!

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
My mom says that my first word was "Batman". No lie! I used to watch it everyday.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
^^^ Ha ha ha, Zero... This pictures makes me want to say, "BAM!!! KAPOW!!! KNOCKOUT!!" (for anyone who's seen the old Batman series where the "action words" appeared onscreen in little "thought bubbles" like cartoons. :)

L

Liz01

I have always liked Superman, he is kind, humble, he works, and he cares about Lois Lane. :)
And in the bible i have always liked Moses and when i read the story of Josiah i was very impressed, i love how this king Josiah turned his heart completely to God when he read the bible and tried that all the ppl come again to Jehova and made a lot of changes to make possible that even in the customs that ppl had at that moment.

F

FatnWeak

My hero is Joseph ( Son of Jacob ) from the Bible. I wish I was like him.

Aug 2, 2009
I thought this thread was supposed to be about childhood superheroes.

Oct 7, 2011
I like DarkHorse comics... but I like a bit of all the major companies though...

Aug 2, 2009
Ok, but I feel I have to say something here. The men and women in the bible were not superheroes. They were ordinary men and women with extraordinary faith. The only real supermen in the bible are Jesus and GOD. I know the apostles performed miracles and spoke in tongues, but so can anyone who has faith like they did. I know Moses parted the Red Sea, but it wasn't really him. It was GOD.

K

kayem77

I chose Superman and Spiderman...both because of their simpleness and humility, and for their heart, but I think I like Peter Parker better.I liked Spiderman movies :) I love that he is so smart and kind of funny in a cute way ,and that he doesn't always make the right choice but then he thinks about it and decides to do what it's right (like when he let go the criminal that killed his uncle :( but that eventually builds him up to do better).

From books I have a lot of heroes, but being a Harry Potter fan I choose Harry becase I grew up with his books so I feel familiar with him :). There are a lot of values that I admire from those books and the characters, not just Harry. I admire Harry's humility and his daily life choice to do what is right over doing what is easy...I also admire his loyalty, compassion and selflessness toward his friends. I also admire that he gave Voldemort the chance to repent in the last battle...after all the damage he had done.

From the Bible I admire Rahab because of her faith and her courage. She risked her life to protect the soldiers and her faith saved her....all she needed to have faith was listening the news about God, how great it would be if people believed only by hearing the news about him and all his wonders?
I also admire Paul...needless to mention all the work he did for the Lord. I would be more than interesting in talking to them in heaven :).

R

rodogg

I voted spiderman, wolverine and the incredible hulk. Wolverine was always my favourite though :D

K

Kooper

David was my childhood hero. I used to ask multiple times for that story to be read to me when I was a kid. The idea of another child defeating a giant was a good source of hope for someone like me. Later, as I got older, I realized it was God who helped the shepard boy. T'was a very good lesson indeed.

If anything, I'm a Marvel_logo_2_by_MrLestat450.jpg fan.

DC just seems a little too generic for me... But then again, as I discover more marvel heroes, they all start looking the same. :p

Aug 2, 2009
Batman was my childhood superhero, but as I grew older I admired David Carradine's character (Caine) in the tv series 'Kung Fu'. He was always gentle and kind, even to his enemies...and when attacked he effortlessly neutralized his attackers, leaving them dumbfounded and in fear, but he never showed anger or aggression. His inner peace never left him and his intellect and wisdom was amazing. He was also a wanderer who didn't have any friends or any place he called home, yet he was always content and always accomplished what he set out to do, except for the one thing he wished for the most...to find his american father, which he never met (his character is half chinese, half american).

On the outside he seems like a sad, pathetic loner but on the inside he is a very wise, fierce old warrior with a gentle and humble heart.