why do atheists choose to live?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 21, 2012
My ice cream isn't going to last forever. It might as well not have been made. So why should I bother eating it?
depends on what you mean by that. do you mean it will change it's material state? do you mean the matter making it up is going to be destroyed?

Red_Tory

Jan 26, 2010
If there is a heaven. Then again, how do you know? Your are making assertions based
on a belief system. There is NO evidence that a heaven or hell exists. Please provide
extraordinary evidence when making extraordinary claims. Your personal revelation is
useless to another.
Why should we demand evidence for an assertion?

Nov 10, 2012
People who are athiests only say that they do not believe in God just so they can have an excuse to live out their lives in their own sinful lifestyle, thus making themselves their own god. But their conscience bears witness to them that there is a God, they just choose to harden their hearts and therefore their conscious becomes dull, which is a dangerous thing.

TheKringledOne

Dec 25, 2009
For an atheist, that is a legitimate question to ask oneself.
Okay, I guess I'll answer it. The reason someone would eat the ice cream would be because it is delicious to them. I wouldn't eat it because I am vegan. Now, as for why do I deal with living? Because living is enjoyable, even if it might only be temporary. Consciousness has value, even if it doesn't last forever.

depends on what you mean by that. do you mean it will change it's material state? do you mean the matter making it up is going to be destroyed?
Probably neither. It will likely be a chemical change.

People who are athiests only say that they do not believe in God just so they can have an excuse to live out their lives in their own sinful lifestyle, thus making themselves their own god. But their conscience bears witness to them that there is a God, they just choose to harden their hearts and therefore their conscious becomes dull, which is a dangerous thing.
I don't understand this line of reasoning. Why wouldn't they just acknowledge the existence of a god while also deciding to live by their own rules?

Jul 27, 2011
God is real, and we need to really have fellowship with God, to know Him. only if i could put my life on a big picture screen, to show the evidence, that God is real. But i think God wants us to get to know Him personally, not by what God has done in someone else. Thank you Christ Jesus, for proving that You and the Father are real. How can one doubt when his life is living proof?