why satan fell

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
I truely believe when the Bible says Satan was evil from the beginning that it is talking about creation specifically the creation of man. The devil was against mankind from the start with Adam and Eve.I see in the Bible that mankind is Satan's error. He hates man. Looking at the biggest evidence is Job. Satan is out to prove to God that man was not worthy to be created. He makes comments about mankind not just Job with disdain in an obvious effort to chalange mankind before God . I truely believe Satan fell because he disagreed with mans creation and is ever trying to prove his original point to God in order to save himself. If man utterly fails then Satan would be right. You can imagine how much he hated the God man Jesus and wanted Him to fail.

S

Sirk

Well he certainly does hate us and accuses us. Some have postulated that man and satan fell simultaneously ie: his tempting of eve was him making a point to God. That this man he created "a little above the angels"wasn't worthy of caretaking the beautiful garden God had gave him dominion over. Of course this is speculation and the bible does not support this view.

T

Tintin

Well he certainly does hate us and accuses us. Some have postulated that man and satan fell simultaneously ie: his tempting of eve was him making a point to God. That this man he created "a little above the angels"wasn't worthy of caretaking the beautiful garden God had gave him dominion over. Of course this is speculation and the bible does not support this view.
You're right about that one. If this were the case, what's up with the serpent and it tempting Eve? I think it's more likely that Satan was kicked out of God's presence after all of creation was declared 'good' and humans 'very good' and sometime before the Fall. Only makes sense.

S

Sirk

There is also a sect of Christiandom who subscribe to the gap theory. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth........>gap<........... and the earth became without form and void. In the gap were the dinosaurs, evolution and war in heaven, which was satans fall and caused widespread destruction in the solar system causing the asteroid belt and the extinction of the dino's. The bible does not support this either.

T

Tintin

There is also a sect of Christiandom who subscribe to the gap theory. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth........>gap<........... and the earth became without form and void. In the gap were the dinosaurs, evolution and war in heaven, which was satans fall and caused widespread destruction in the solar system causing the asteroid belt and the extinction of the dino's. The bible does not support this either.
Yes, it's makes for an interesting story but it's wild speculation. That's what happens when people bring things from outside to make sense of the Bible, rather than read the Bible and then interpret the world around them via God's Word. I'm in no way against commentaries or historical, cultural, literalistic context or any of those but beliefs like the Gap Theory belie reason (to which they seem to ascribe).

S

Sirk

What we do know is that for whatever reason, satan decided that he should sit on the thrown of God and exalted himself above all creation. He was prideful.....just like Cain.

K

Kerry

Stan fell because He sinned against God. Period. He also convinced 1/3 of the angels in Heaven to follow him. It's a free will thing that most reject.

S

Sirk

Stan fell because He sinned against God. Period. He also convinced 1/3 of the angels in Heaven to follow him. It's a free will thing that most reject.
Who is this Stan fella you speak of? :p

K

Kerry

Welz jest cum on dwn and wez haz sum jowls and hocks and sum mucadime tea and watch the pasture go rownd da sunn.

T

Tintin

Who is this Stan fella you speak of? :p
Stan is Satan's lesser-known (and uncool) brother. :p Tneir sister is the well-known Satin that you sometimes hear about on CC.

Dec 18, 2013
Guess it depends how you are using the word fall.

If you mean at what point did Satan gain a mortal lifespan, that is in the Garden of Eden when he beguiled man to let death enter the world.

If you mean a more literal/physical falling, that is to come in Revelation when the dragon will be thrown down to Earth with the angels that fell for his lies after losing the War in Heaven.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
yeah i'm thinking about reading Milton's 'Paradise Lost' over the summer too.

S

Sirk

Stan is Satan's lesser-known (and uncool) brother. :p Tneir sister is the well-known Satin that you sometimes hear about on CC.
Oh yes...satin. I've heard of her as well. :)

T

Tintin

yeah i'm thinking about reading Milton's 'Paradise Lost' over the summer too.
I tried reading Paradise Lost but I only got 50 pages in before I gave up. The archaic KJV-like language and the fact that it's a 400-page POEM were the main reasons for ending it quickly, like I did.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I tried reading Paradise Lost but I only got 50 pages in before I gave up. The archaic KJV-like language and the fact that it's a 400-page POEM were the main reasons for ending it quickly, like I did.
i haven't read it yet, but am thinking the OP is a summation of it. at least, the idea that Satan's issue is jealousy over God's plan for mankind.
i'm not put off by the language or the poetry; the last book i read was shakespeare, and the bible i read from most often is KJV. if you notice my posts sounding really flowery and pretentious in a few months, you'll know i gave it a go :D
at that point please feel free to PM me and encourage me to open up a twitter account for balance.

T

Tintin

I really struggled with Shakespeare in high school. We did four of his plays - A Midsummer Night's Dream (Year 8), The Twelfth Night (Year 9), Romeo and Juliet (Year 10) and Macbeth (Year 11). For my last year of high school English, I did Language and Communication studies instead. I struggled with Shakespeare, first, because I have dyslexia. Secondly, because of the archaic language. Thirdly, because the subject matter just didn't interest me. I have less of a desire for love triangles than most. That said, I do acknowledge that he did much to advance the English language, but it still doesn't mean I like his works. I guess forcing students to study Shakespeare in school either fosters a love for his works or makes one despise his works, above all else. Love your little coda at the end. Very funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 18, 2013
Heh personally I like the older englishe better. Just sound cooler, and I feel it is less ambiguous than modern english.

As for Shakespeare, lol, I like some of his works but I personally always thought Will was over-rated. Most his plays I find to be dull and I find Shakespeare to be pretty uncreative when you consider most his plays are Historical Fiction (Julius Caesar, King Henrys, etc.) or him plagiarizing ancient celtic and greek mythology and redubbing it with an Anglo theme (romeo and juliet, macbeth, etc.)

EDIT: though I should add to Shakespeare's defense, even though he is pretty uncreative guy, he was certainly good at poetry. One of the greatest rappers in history.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
of a truth i am neither well pleased by his recounts of the wooers and the wooed. methinks pillow-talk falleth more gently upon the ear when the bedchamber door is pulled to.
;)