women as church leaders and teachers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Yep what did Paul know, He did not have the Spirit of Christ in him... But we do! I think it is the other way around, funny we want to teach but we are not PERFECT or without sin, AS GOD SAYS... Whosever is BORN OF GOD sinneth NOT, for HIS SEED REMAINETH IN HIM, AND HE CANNOT SIN BECAUSE HE IS BORN OF GOD...

Yet we sin and still claim GOD'S SEED the Holy Spirit is in us... OH BOY ARE WE LIERS!

Lord I know I am sinner, please give me the perfect gift from above, YOUR SEED TO REMAIN IN ME... AMEN!
Who exactly is it that you are preaching this to Cobus, everyone here and there, why do you bring condemnation to others when one believes and seeks after God in the spirit of God and die to their flesh
[h=3]Romans 8:1-8[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[h=3]Free from Indwelling Sin[/h]8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. [SUP]2 [/SUP]For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. [SUP]3 [/SUP]For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, [SUP]4 [/SUP]that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. [SUP]6 [/SUP]For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. [SUP]7 [/SUP]Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. [SUP]8 [/SUP]So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
If you wish to continue to have this carnal mindset please keepthis to yourself and God, I am glad you admit you are a failure and want to know God, and as of yet it ahs not come to fruition for you, so there might be error in your truth and youmight need to re-think your truth if you really do want to be free. It is up to you, take this or leave it

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
it's like beating a dead horse on this topic.
you can take a horseto the water, just can't force the horse to drink, so just say what you beleive and hear what others believe sift all through your heart of Gold provided by God and the truth and error(s) will be seperated in God's timing not ours. Just some food for thought only take it orleave it

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Then you are not familier with Bible doctrine my friend.
So Roger you are Legalistic my friend has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world and you are holding to it, as stillbeing of the flesh and all masculine as if Man is better than? When God has clearly said in his spirit that there is no male no female, hmm!! and today we can only worship in the Spirit
John 4:23But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
John 4:24God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
Romans 3:20Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

You are instituting more Laws by mis understanding the differance between flesh and Spirit IMO of what I see, but you beleive as you wish you are free to choose as I and all others here are as well.
We are under the Law of liberty and I choose not to be a tyrant or take advantage of this amazing salvation, just love all as God doies per 1 cor 13:4-13 thanks for your thoughts

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
we no longer have the sinful nature, that's not to say we dont sin.. worth a study
Yes it is thanks definately worth the study between God and me, you and anyone else that wants to know God's perfect Love that he has for you, me and all if they will seek it out and not quit, for it is Gold, and not Gold of this world much more precious, heaven itself begins with streets of Gold WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad to be a citizen of and anyone else.

G

GreenNnice

tonobro, you are not accepting His way for you, just follow Him. Do you REALLY think you are condemned cuz you don't feel you have the Holy Spirit? Who is that God, that would place that kind of calamity and chaos and lack of peace in my mind after having told God I was His? Not my God and not yours either. :) God Loves you, He just wants you to follow Him. His Spirit IS in you, but do you, through faith believe :) It's not legalism, tonobro, you heard my story, Thx for listening, God works in ALL His sheep uniquely, like I said, I Didn't understand the baptism of the Holy Spirit, or, that the Holy Spirit WAS God, WAS JESUS , is Jesus, is God, yes, yes, UNTIL I was laid hands on. but don't let people try and explain Acts' Pentecostal as way it HAS to be now. look at Scripture, it only has to be YOU following Him. You are going to 'legalize' your relarltionship with God , you don't want to do that do you? Accept His Love, His sacrifice of Jesus, His only Son, and, know His death meant LIFE forevermore for you and me, and, everybody, the WHOLE wide world :)

Jun 16, 2013
first lets test our faith by the word..and "lean not unto our own understanding" as the Lord instructs us in proverbs 3:5-6.
so...trusting that the bible is in fact Gods word, and Paul tells us in 2 tim 3:16-17: "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness..." NOW SEE THE FOLLOWING VERSES!!!!

1 cor 14:34-35 specifically says what about women speaking in church???
1 tim 2:11-14 what does this verse say about women teaching a man???
SO....if we want to take this for what its worth then women may have a position in the church, but not teaching or leading, or having authority over "MEN."
This does not prevent a women from having a teaching position over a woman, just a man, or in the "church" or ecclesia "gathering"
If we don't listen to this then we might as well throw all thirteen books books Paul wrote out of the Bible as well. LIKE IT OR NOT!!

Jun 16, 2013
Just know that the words "not according to the flesh but according to the spirit" did not occur in vs 1 until later manuscripts and is erroneous. but the same thought is conveyed in v 4.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Just know that the words "not according to the flesh but according to the spirit" did not occur in vs 1 until later manuscripts and is erroneous. but the same thought is conveyed in v 4.
Man so much just not want to be an equal,
Galatians 2:6But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.

God can only be worshipped in Spirit and truth correct? So from God's vantage point in the Spirit how does God view us?

Galatians 3:28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus

Jun 16, 2013
That my friend is talking about our salvation not our position in the church...you cannot take a verse out of the context for which it was written.

Jun 16, 2013
You must remember that Paul was addressing the newer churches in Asia minor and was instructing them according to the policies of the sects of scribes Pharisees and gnostics that were trying to tear the church apart with legalisms.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
That my friend is talking about our salvation not our position in the church...you cannot take a verse out of the context for which it was written.
The below is what I see as truth and we are not citizens of earth anymore. God's kingdom is not of or on this earth. We are made ambassasors in representing the kingdom of heaven, and you are seperating people, putting fleshly things in order, and in God's vantage point we can only worship God in Spirit, praying for you to see this it is not about worldly affairs. This is a salvation being one in God issue. All earth Churches are not sanctioned by God, they are sanctioned by Man and keeping things in their order, as if one is above the other. I am not happy over man's arrogance in being holier than thou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only true Tabernacle is in heaven and the only way to wroship God is in Spirit and truth
[h=3]Hebrews 8:1-4[/h]King James Version (KJV)

8 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
[SUP]2 [/SUP]A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
John 4:23
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

John 4:24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God is not worldly, and no flesh in this worls is pleasing to God, you can try to seperate truth, and be of this world, as is what you just said and do not see the truth, God has no respect of persons.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
You must remember that Paul was addressing the newer churches in Asia minor and was instructing them according to the policies of the sects of scribes Pharisees and gnostics that were trying to tear the church apart with legalisms.
And here you are not allowing the liberty yourself in seperating the male and female, as that is what they came here for was to spy out our liberty, and caused the Galations to take on circumscicion. Paul well addressed that, and you know that is not limited to circumscicion, it is about that at that time yet includes all things of any Law that man places on us as a burden
Remember what Christ said about the Pharisees, called them hypocrites, why?
Matthew 23:13But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Matthew 23:15Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Mar 4, 2013
1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
I have no problem with a female teaching man, woman, or child, but as this scripture says, I sincerely believe that a pastor/bishop needs one wife and no more. Further I would say that unless a woman has male persuasions she would never want to marry another woman, and then if I knew that was the case about her, I wouldn't even want to hear her talk about anything let alone religious matters.

May 31, 2013
tonobro, you are not accepting His way for you, just follow Him. Do you REALLY think you are condemned cuz you don't feel you have the Holy Spirit? Who is that God, that would place that kind of calamity and chaos and lack of peace in my mind after having told God I was His? Not my God and not yours either. :) God Loves you, He just wants you to follow Him. His Spirit IS in you, but do you, through faith believe :) It's not legalism, tonobro, you heard my story, Thx for listening, God works in ALL His sheep uniquely, like I said, I Didn't understand the baptism of the Holy Spirit, or, that the Holy Spirit WAS God, WAS JESUS , is Jesus, is God, yes, yes, UNTIL I was laid hands on. but don't let people try and explain Acts' Pentecostal as way it HAS to be now. look at Scripture, it only has to be YOU following Him. You are going to 'legalize' your relarltionship with God , you don't want to do that do you? Accept His Love, His sacrifice of Jesus, His only Son, and, know His death meant LIFE forevermore for you and me, and, everybody, the WHOLE wide world :)
Hi Brother GreenNnice, do you mean to post this in the thread I opened?