Was "Noah's Flood" global or local? What does the Bible say (actually) then how does everyone else explain it?
Some ancient-old eyewitnesses: - http://www.noahsark.it/Testimonies list.htm
· 275 BC – Berossus reporting on the history of Babylonia, claims that pilgrims went up a mountain in Armenia to carve amulets from the petrified pitch that covers the Ark (Berossus quoted by Abydenus (200 BC), Apollodorus (160 BC), Alexander Polyhistor (50 BC), Josephus (110 AD), Eusebius, (325 AD), Georgius Syncellus (800 AD)). - https://www.livius.org/articles/misc/great-flood/flood3_t-berossus/
· 64 BC - 1st Century AD – Nicholas of Damascus (96th book) mentions remains of Noah's Ark, "... There is a great mountain in Armenia, over Minyas, called Baris, upon which it is reported that many who fled at the time of the Deluge were saved and that one who was carried in an ark came on shore upon the top of it; and that the remains of the timber were a great while preserved. ..."
· 50 AD – Josephus mentions remains of Noah's Ark 3 times, "... The Armenians call that spot the Landing-Place, for it was there that the Ark came safe to land and they show relics of it to this day. ...", "... This flood and the Ark are mentioned by all who have written histories of the barbarians. These matters are also mentioned by Hieronymus the Egyptian, author of the ancient history of Phoenicia, by Mnaseas and by many others and they are still shown to such as are desirous to see them. ..."
· 180 AD Theophilus of Antioch, "... And of the Ark, the remains are to this day to be seen in the Arabian mountains. ..."
· 315? - 403 AD – Epiphanius report that remains of the Ark are on a mountain in the Gordian mountains.
· 349 - 407 AD Chrysostom mentions remains of Noah's Ark
· 4th Century AD – Faustus of Byzantium reports the experiences of a bishop who traveled to the region of "Gortouk" to see the ark.
· AD 425 church historian Philostorgius’s account (in Book 3 as epitomized by Photius)
· 560 - 636 AD Isidore of Seville mentions remains of Noah's Ark
· 620 AD - According to Hussein El Macin of Baghdad, Roman Emperor Heraclius visits the remains of the Ark after conquering the Persian city of Themanin.
· 1254 AD - Haithon refers to Mt. Ararat as the resting place of Noah's Ark.
· 1255 AD - Guillaume of Ruysbroeck tells of the devout Jacob of Medzpin's adventure on Ararat and his answered prayer to see the Ark.
· 13th Century AD - Marco Polo mentions in his book The Travels of Marco Polo the Ark was still resting on the summit of Mt. Ararat.
· 1647 AD - Adam Olearius' Voyage and Travels of the Ambassadors relates Armenian and Persian stories of the petrified Ark.
· 1820 (?) AD - Explorer Claudius James Rich writes that one Aga Hussein has seen the remains of the Ark.
· 1829 AD - Dr. Friedrich Parrot makes the first modern ascent of Greater Ararat. He visits the ancient St. James Monastery ( also known as St. Jacob Monastery ), that was destroyed in the 1840 eruption of Mt. Ararat.
· 1854 AD - Haji Yearam and his father lead three British scientists up Ararat to the Ark remains.
· 1878 AD - Viscount James Bryce climbs Ararat as recounted in his book Transcaucasia and Ararat. He finds old hand-tooled timber on this treeless mountain.
· 1883 AD - Turkish Commisioners investigate severe Ararat avalanches and report seeing the preserved but battered Ark structure. Locals claimed the remains were visible for six years. ( Nieuwe Rotterdamsche Courant, July 28, 1883 ) ( Chicago Tribune, August 10, 1883 ) ( New York Herald, August 10, 1883 ).. ( New York World, August 13, 1883 ).( New York Times, August 15, 1883 ).( The Watchtower, September 1883 )..Considered the most complete and accurate account appeared in the British Prophetic Messenger in the summer of 1883. ( Click on Turkish Commisioners for the full story )
· 1887 AD - John Joseph, Prince of Nouri, Archbishop and Grand Apostolic Ambassador of Malabar, India and Persia, makes three attempts to climb Ararat. He claims a sighting near the saddle between the peaks. Suggest the Ark be sent to the Chicago World's fair.
· 1900-1908 AD - George Hagopian climbs Ararat with his uncle and reports seeing and climbs onto the preserved Ark. At only ten years succeeded with simple attire of shepherd in reaching well twice with his uncle the ark. Look photo and sketches
· 1916 - 1917 AD - Czar Nicholas II sends an expedition of 150 men to map Ararat and document Ark. After report by Roskovitski (Zabolotsky) pilot of the Russian imperial aviation. Revolution erupts and evidence disappears. Look entire Russian expedition
· 1936 AD - New Zealander Hardwidke Knight finds very old hand tooled timbers high on Ararat.
· 1942 AD - American soldier Ray Lubeck views Ark in a 30 - 120 second film clip on Midway Island in 1942.
· 1943 AD - American soldier Ed Davis glimpses huge broken Ark sections in Ahora Gorge.
· 1944 AD - American soldier Vince Will views Ark from plane on Mt. Ararat
· 1945 AD - American soldier aka - Caleb views Ark from plane on Mt. Ararat
· 1946 AD - American soldier Charlie McCallen views Ark in a 30 - 60 second news reel in a movie theater in Jackson Tennessee.
· 1948 AD - Farmer Shakru Arsent tells newspaper of farmer named Re**** seeing petrified remains of a ship-like structure high on Ararat.
. 1952 1953 AD George Jefferson Greene technical oil American saw a big emergent bow from the ice to northeast, a similar ship construction situated in a gorge near a precipice
· 1953 - 1955 AD - William Todd was a photographer's in Turkey who claims to have seen Noah's Ark many times while flying over Mt. Ararat.
.1955 AD Fernand Navarra French industrialist: he saw under the ice an dark mass alike to keel of a ship. In the '55 and in the '69 of it put out some wood pieces, that it brought to to analyze in the four laboratories of world fame: to Cairo, Madrid, Paris and to Bordeaux. The tests on the degree of fossilization, on the cellular modification etc,they showed that the champion went up again really to the epoch of the Deluge, that is 4500 years ago around. Look Navara documentation
· 1956 - 1957 AD - Herb Knee views Ark in a 60 - 120 second news reel in a movie theater in Winchester Tennessee. [ Herb's Drawings of what he saw. ]
. 1959- 1960 AD Gregor Schwinghammer Captain U.S.A. Air Force Pilot saw a great barge in a gully in the ice Look Gregor interview (WMP format)
· 1964 AD - Retired Air Force Master Sergeant claims to see wood structure on Mt. Ararat.
· 1968 AD - David Duckworth claims as a Smithsonian volunteer he saw ark artifacts from Mt. Ararat.
.1969 Fernand Navarra already quoted in 1955 with the named expedition "Search" was extract some wood pieces from the Parrot glacier on Mt Ararat
· 1969 -1970 AD - Lt. Col. Walter D. Hunter was shown photos of what allegedly was Noah's Ark.
. 1974 Ed Behling, quoted already, veteran USAF, said that he passed "above and under some rocks, he stuck out from a ledge and he saw the ark 50 feet under " Also him saw it from higher position.
. 1985 AD U.S. Air Force General Ralph Havens confirm about a structure on Ararat: We've seen it. We have photos of it -
. 1989 AD Angelo Palego chemical engineer claim to see the Ark front just under strange parallel crevasses
· 1992 - 1993 AD - Rolando Reyna watched a Saturday night newscast which showed film footage of Noah's Ark on Ararat on a Mexican City Broadcast.
. 2002 Cludio Schranz alpine guide of Mt. Rosa filmed a wooden beam emergent from the Parrot glacier on Mt. Ararat
Some 'recent' eyewitnesses: