Recent content by Amargosa

  1. Amargosa

    Why can’t churches turn down the music

    The band took a break. :ROFL: Loudness is controlled by the sound techs. Great sound techs are hard to find. When my worship team is warming up and adjusting the monitors, one of our techs sometimes has the house mix so loud that it drowns out the stage monitor mix.
  2. Amargosa

    The entire Bible, put to music

    Well, we certainly live in the days of possibilities. By now, everyone has hear about Suno and AI music generation. It can have its good and bad points. That is not the point here. What I have discovered is that with a few simple prompts, a song about a chapter in the scriptures can be put to...
  3. Amargosa

    7 year old Gabriel has cancer

    Yes, they are believers. The grandfather and I served together as elders at our church.
  4. Amargosa

    7 year old Gabriel has cancer

    My friend's grandson is in the hospital. Please join me in prayer for a miracle for Gabriel. He is only seven years old. God is able.
  5. Amargosa

    Songs by Groovy

    You're welcome. I'm going through my notebooks from 2014 this week and have come up with a couple more song ideas. These are notebooks of song & lyric ideas. I've composed a song in as little as one day. Some take decades. All in God's timing. All glory to God.
  6. Amargosa

    Feeling lonely? Why God pulls you away from people

    A great message from John MacArthur. It is focused on those over 60 but it’s truth applies to a Christian of any age. God is good.
  7. Amargosa

    Songs by Groovy

    Below is the syllable count for the first four sections of your song. There is no consistent meter. “Late Last Night (Revelation)” Late last night a young girl dreamed 7 Her love would grow forever, 7 Then a wise man, who from ages long ago seemed 12 Took her to a state of never-never, 10 And...
  8. Amargosa

    Songs by Groovy

    Those things were not clear to me, the listener. You had to explain the meaning of the lyrics. This is covered in the book I referenced above. Have you read it? Just this one song, "Late Last Night" I'll look at with you. I cannot review all your songs. Reading the book I referrenced will...
  9. Amargosa

    Songs by Groovy

    Heavy metal. Check. “Vision of hell”. I did not see or hear that mentioned or explained clearly in the lyric. I did not get that at all, in listening to the song. I got the doom and gloom part. You mention three things. 1. A previous song. 2. Being damned. 3. Messiah. A song composition...
  10. Amargosa

    Can you be saved by your own goodness/(righteousness)?

    Romans chapter 3:21-26 Righteousness Through Faith 21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and...