Recent content by Freed18

  1. F

    Shall we sin that grace may abound?

    The gifts of repentance from sin is still available for you. Thanks, but those days occurred in the now distant past.
  2. F

    Loss of salvation???

    The gift of the Holy Ghost is only given to the truly repentant; and salvation, at the Lord's return. Yes. I'm not sure it has. I feel the gift of the Holy Ghost is God's prerogative. Unless there is some mighty example or event, (like Cornelius andthe first Gentiles), the gift will be given...
  3. F

    Shall we sin that grace may abound?

    They can't. If their actions show that they are still bringing forth the fruit of the devil, they cannot be confused with those actually reborn of God's seed, and bringforth His fruit.
  4. F

    Loss of salvation???

    I agree, and Peter called it the gift of the Holy Ghost...in Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." It can be, under special circumstances, like...
  5. F

    Loss of salvation???

    Baptism, in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, was commanded for the remission of sins. (Acts 2:38, 22:16)
  6. F

    Shall we sin that grace may abound?

    God heareth not sinners. (John 9:31) The prayers and requests of the unrepentant are unheard by God. We are righteous because the old man was destroyed and a new creature, reborn of God, took its place. (among other things)
  7. F

    Shall we sin that grace may abound?

    He will eventually only be accountable to one Person.
  8. F

    Shall we sin that grace may abound?

    I wonder why anyone would equate obedience to God with something bad. Could it be, that they don't want to be obedient ?
  9. F

    Loss of salvation???

    I disagree. By faith, the exact sequence of events occur to both the thief and to the truly repentant. Again I disagree. It is the actual means of our "immersion" into Christ, into His death, burial, and resurrection. Romans 6 describes it well. I'll leave the hypotheticals to others.
  10. F

    Loss of salvation???

    The baptism of the Holy Spirit is the same as the gift of the Holy Ghost promised by Peter to the repentant and water baptized in Acts 2:38. The baptism of fire is the end of the world. Matt 3:11-12..."I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than...
  11. F

    Loss of salvation???

    Weren't Cornelius and his friends water baptized for the remission of their past sins in the next few verses ?
  12. F

    Loss of salvation???

    Don't you think it is important to see that what the thief endured is nearly indentical to what happened to us at our water baptism into Christ, His death, and His resurrection ? We died together. We were both buried. And we both left our tombs as new creatures !
  13. F

    Shall we sin that grace may abound?

    Not OSAS or Calvinist. All have free will, so I see no variations on that topic. I believe that the tribulation times will precede the return of Jesus with His angels. In Christ, there is no sin. All who have truly repented of sin and been baptized into Christ, have put on Christ. (Gal 3:27)...
  14. F

    Shall we sin that grace may abound?

    Both, actually. Jesus is our righteousness, as there is no sin in Christ. If we are in Him, we can't have any sin on us either. I obey God 100% of the time, because I am in Christ. In Him, I have His power, His mind, and His fellowship with God. I have His protections, and His Spirit.
  15. F

    Shall we sin that grace may abound?

    The "we" are those who have already used the Advocate. "We" walk in the light, which is God, in whom is no darkness-sin.