Recent content by roadto37

  1. R

    Tax Collectors

    For background, the tax collecting system in Zacchaeus' day was that tax collectors would pay Rome up front what was needed. Then they could arbitrarily decide how much each person should pay. Usually inflating how much someone actually owed to line their own pockets with the surplus...
  2. R

    Thoughts on Hebrews 6:4-8 - Falling Away

    Analogy I came up with a little analogy that I think somewhat works (not perfectly): Say someone, let's name him John, is driving a rented car and he goes to a car dealership just to see what there is. He finds a really nice car, so he take it out for a test drive and everything is perfect...
  3. R

    Intro

    Hi TabinRivCA. Thanks for taking a look at the blog. The main point of the blog is that whether it is true or not, I want to trust God with it. But there are some decisions I do have to make if it is true, and wanting to relate to others and be a light for Christ in the best way. So yeah, still...
  4. R

    Intro

    Hi, I'm Matt and looking forward to joining in some good discussions