Recent content by timf

  1. T

    Thoughts of Christian Dating

    I am 76 years old and put up a link to an article about Christian dating. It was removed because it might be seen as an attempt to promote a web site. I think I can post the article (with no external references) here as a pdf. Feel free to copy and pass along.
  2. T

    Posting PDFs

    I had a link I had put on a post removed because it directed to my web site. It was not a promotion of the web site, but was taken to be. Since some people commented about it positively, I thought I would ask if there was a way to upload a pdf to a post. There is already a provision to upload an...
  3. T

    Can anyone explain "The Fear Of The Lord" to me? And it's important in a Christian life and walk with Christ?...

    Those of Israel had to understand that the God they worshiped was not the same as the gods or the people around them. They did not have the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide them in truth. The first step in knowing God is to recognize him as God and the implication of that is that to be fearful...
  4. T

    FEAR IS A CRIPPLER

    1Jn_4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. The biblical definition of love is essentially selflessness; 1Co 13:4 Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is...
  5. T

    Constant set backs, constant failure... I'm tired...

    John Lennon was supposed to have said, "Life is what happens to you while you are waiting for something else". People who come to have certain expectations of life often have frustrations waiting for what they expect. Those who come to see the control they can have in life are often more...
  6. T

    Loving Commitment vs. Biblical Law: Questioning the Premarital Sex Rule

    When two people come to a marriage chaste it allows them to spend the first year of their marriage in exploration, often even with humor, to build a special intimacy that help a marriage last a lifetime. The reluctance to marry often indicates a desire for a bail out option. Those who place...
  7. T

    Salvation

    One can appreciate the intensity of the Lordship position even when they begin to insult other positions such as with terminology like "cheap grace". The desire that people be not mistaken about salvation is laudable, however, if emotional intensity allows self-righteousness to enter and express...
  8. T

    Ministry of the Body.

    I see three problem areas with churches, personalities, doctrines, and structure. Perhaps the least appreciated in structure. Running a church as an organizational system imprints a mechanical aspect to Christianity such that people can be seen as components to be processed. The head pastor...
  9. T

    How did the people accept what the Lord Jesus said?

    How did the people accept what the Lord Jesus said Jhn 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the...
  10. T

    First post, basic questions

    Before the flood people lived a lot longer than they do today. Presumably animals diid as well. Since reptiles get bigger the longer they live, some my have gotten very big. Also, people did not have permission to eat meat until after the flood. One might imagine the Mastadon was a little slower...
  11. T

    Do you have doubts about your understanding of Christianity?

    Jhn 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
  12. T

    God's Will Before the Firing Squad

    Rom_13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. The bible does not condemn capital punishment. I would vote against...
  13. T

    Do Our Actions Matter More than our Beliefs?

    Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. Actions are more difficult than words so are more likely to be tied to actual belief. However, actions for show are not unknown.
  14. T

    Can you post a Word from The Lord? Brief into The point, like an angel of the Lord?

    2Co 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. The key to Christ-likeness is the abandonment of the selfishness of the flesh.
  15. T

    Do you have doubts about your understanding of Christianity?

    Many Christians inherit a Christian tradition or accept a denominational "package" of doctrine and do not inquire further. Here is an article that touches on this difference; Being Right Versus Seeking Truth Most people might think that truth and being right are the same thing. However, if one...