“I have had enough, Lord!”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pottersclay

You were healed of cancer by going in front of your elders at church?
Yes, was diagnosed at stage 2. wife and I and family prayed for the Lord to heal. Upon my 2nd visit with oncology dr the tumor progress to stage 3.
Feeling certain this was not going to be a good out come my wife and I were driving near our church to just let the stress of it all calm down. We were both not ready for that news.
A strong thought came over my mind as we were passing our church. I asked my wife to stop in the church. My wife caught by surprise but did as I asked. It was a Tuesday afternoon. Knocking on the door as it was locked due to a meeting that was going on with the church elders we were greeted by one of the elders who was just about to leave and for some reason misplaced his car keys and was looking for them.
My wife spoke to him as I was just so depressed and lost and told him all that had happened. She asked him if he would lay hands and pray.
A smile came to his face and he invited us into the sanctuary. Calling on those who also we're leaving to join him.
They laid hands and prayed.
My surgery was already scheduled and was a bit involved with many concerns about the aftermath.
Feeling no difference after prayer I opted to go through with the surgery.
In recovery my surgeon came in and told me that the tumor was totally obliterated in fact he had to look for viable pieces to send to pathology. He was totally shocked.
I'm 6 years out with no sign of cancer.
Due to the multiple incisions I suffer from abdominal adhesions, scar tissue caused by collagen that wraps around my organs and cause pain and restrictions. I heal fast.
But with proper massage therapy it is getting better with time.
Paul says to present ourselves to the elders for prayer if we are sick. I praise God for this healing and pass on this truth.
Obedience to the word is our faith in action.

Aug 30, 2021
View attachment 233986
Sigh... The struggle to be okay for your job, your family, and others is exhausting when the physical pain feels as if it may consume me like I'm drowning and only gasping for air. Mentally and physically, I'm tired this morning. Rest only increases pain while over straining also. Doctors say I'm healthy, and the blood work returned ok, the x rays show nothing, the MRI nothing. Is this the thorn I must suffer? A decade of prayer only met with my grace is sufficient. But instead of Paul, I feel like Elijah, who once cried out saying, “I have had enough, Lord!”

He was so distraught that he even wanted to die. Death is not my choice, and God decides when my time on Earth is done.

Death may end the pain but the pain to purposefully stop using my spiritual gifts to build up the kingdom is worse to bear.

Although worse to bear, I am here feeling as if a boulder is on my chest with the strain of voice saying I have had enough of pain but not of life.

Unfortunately, to have lived there will be pain. I suppose one day, the pain will outweigh the wanting to remain in the body, and this helps us transition to life eternal.

Without pain, I suppose we would feel too content with this world; we may not even seek God, we may not even wrestle with the idea of life after death, or is their only death afterlife. We may never know what joy is in less we have something to measure against it. Pain like a flipped hourglass is a constant reminder of the mission and time granted to finish it.

I have experienced the joy amid sorrow but as I type this, the joy has yet to surface. Please pray for me.
God please undertake, and take the pain away. There is nothing too hard for you Lord. I come against this pain in Jesus name.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Good morning, Rough Soul, I hope this day dawns brighter for you than the day you typed your OP. I just saw this now, as I was away when you first posted it, and also, please excuse me for asking, or for forgetting if you have mentioned before, but is this pain you experience the result of some accident or injury to your body? Many people with chronic pain don’t know its cause and can’t find a cure. Have arthritis, Lupus, sciatica, neuralgia, and/or fibromyalgia been ruled out as causes? I won't ask about meds/pain killers, but also wonder if you participate in any low-intensity exercises, since such 30 minutes every day may help reduce your pain. Not getting proper sleep surely does not help! Do you regulate your diet in any way to reduce acid intake? Some acidic foods cause inflammation that could also contribute to chronic pain. At any rate, I pray that your pain, if it will not go away completely, lessens to more tolerable levels that do not interfere with your ability to function more comfortably in life and mess with your state of mind.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
B6 may help if there is any kind of inflammation...

Supplementing the basics may help also, like A, C, E, fish oils, etc.

Docgero

Feb 25, 2022
View attachment 233986
Sigh... The struggle to be okay for your job, your family, and others is exhausting when the physical pain feels as if it may consume me like I'm drowning and only gasping for air. Mentally and physically, I'm tired this morning. Rest only increases pain while over straining also. Doctors say I'm healthy, and the blood work returned ok, the x rays show nothing, the MRI nothing. Is this the thorn I must suffer? A decade of prayer only met with my grace is sufficient. But instead of Paul, I feel like Elijah, who once cried out saying, “I have had enough, Lord!”

He was so distraught that he even wanted to die. Death is not my choice, and God decides when my time on Earth is done.

Death may end the pain but the pain to purposefully stop using my spiritual gifts to build up the kingdom is worse to bear.

Although worse to bear, I am here feeling as if a boulder is on my chest with the strain of voice saying I have had enough of pain but not of life.

Unfortunately, to have lived there will be pain. I suppose one day, the pain will outweigh the wanting to remain in the body, and this helps us transition to life eternal.

Without pain, I suppose we would feel too content with this world; we may not even seek God, we may not even wrestle with the idea of life after death, or is their only death afterlife. We may never know what joy is in less we have something to measure against it. Pain like a flipped hourglass is a constant reminder of the mission and time granted to finish it.

I have experienced the joy amid sorrow but as I type this, the joy has yet to surface. Please pray for me.
My friend I am in you

Docgero

Feb 25, 2022
View attachment 233986

I have experienced the joy amid sorrow but as I type this, the joy has yet to surface. Please pray for me.[/QUOTE

Docgero

Feb 25, 2022
My friend I am in your same situation. You may have what is called ME-CFS. It stands for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis-Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Please goggle this and it will likely describe your condition. It is a real illness although there is no blood work or medical test that allows the diagnosis. It is a diagnosis made based upon your signs and symptoms. It is a diagnosis of exclusion. I went for 6 years with horrible pain, fatigue and multiple hospital stays for pneumonia and other strange symptoms. I saw multiple doctors who thought I was a drug seeker or depressed. Finally a bone marrow biopsy showed I also had a rare form of leukemia called Hairy Cell Leukemia. 80% of my bone marrow was cancer and I was close to death. This a very rare cancer with only 500 cases per year in the United States. Chemotherapy saved my life. However, like you I have unrelenting pain all over my body 24/7. The fatigue is crushing. I had to give up my career as a doctor and have been on disability for 14 years. I have been on every pain medication available yet I still suffer. This all started when I was saved and became a believer. I am a Jewish believer in Yeshua (Jesus). I can only believe that Satan wanted to ruin my witness to other Jewish brethren. Throughout this suffering I have asked God why me.? Well why not me? Should I not count myself worthy to suffer and rejoice in my suffering. It is the most difficult situations that test our faith. Why would a merciful God allow this suffering. Has it ruined my life. Yes it has. Yet it has strengthened my faith in God. I have a horrible quality of life and so often would rather die then endure this suffering and the pain it has caused me and those around me. You probably feel like a burden like I do. At 61 I am so physically impaired I can barely walk or stand anymore. It started 20 years ago and the suffering has progressed to this. Yet I was able to raise our son and gave him all the love that every child deserves. I'm crying as I write this because my son was born with autism on top of me having these illnesses. God and a lot of love and time I spent with our son has cured him of the autism and he is a normal functioning wonderful 18 year old man. He has never kissed or hugged me. He use to slap me int he face as a child but we taught him to pat me on the head instead to show affection. As a baby I kissed and held him as much as he would allow. He is an amazing testimony and I pray for his salvation. I see the Lord touching his heart as his believing friends bring him to church and witness to him. I am so blessed to see this and live for this. I gave him everything and now he helps me in return. And if you think it couldn't get worse, my wife denounced Jesus and after twenty years of marriage, she had a relationship with a friend of mine and divorced me and married him. I treated my wife like a queen and she took everything I had. I was a wealthy doctor with no debt and a full retirement, property and money in the bank. After being saved I lost everything and she left me in thousands of dollars in debt and to take care of my son when I can't take care of myself. Yet at every turn and in every crisis, God has shown me his grace and mercy and interceded on my behalf. I have lost everything and will die alone and penniless. But I love God with all my heart and know this suffering was pre-ordained. My computer is wet as my tears fall on the keys. I weep for everything I go through. Just planning to get up to go to the bathroom takes courage and the will of a lion. But G-d gives me strength and I have never cursed him for this tragedy called my salvation. Because my friend, despite our suffering. this life is temporary and the day will come when we will be free from pain and suffering and be in the presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Then we will be free my brother. Keep your faith and look online as perhaps you have ME-CFS. There are not many treatments but it may help you recognize that this is a real condition. I don't know what your issues are but I pray that G-d's peace and mercy surround you. In Christ's Love. Steven

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
There is nothing Jesus won't heal. He is concerned with "what you have", as He knows it is always an attack of the enemy and if we lay claim to it, "I have this", or "I have such and such", then we are laying claim to it.
He taught me to pray against the pain by praying, "pain be gone in Jesus name", and the pain always leaves.
What He does for one He will do for another, please try this.
blessings

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Good morning, Rough Soul, I hope this day dawns brighter for you than the day you typed your OP. I just saw this now, as I was away when you first posted it, and also, please excuse me for asking, or for forgetting if you have mentioned before, but is this pain you experience the result of some accident or injury to your body? Many people with chronic pain don’t know its cause and can’t find a cure. Have arthritis, Lupus, sciatica, neuralgia, and/or fibromyalgia been ruled out as causes? I won't ask about meds/pain killers, but also wonder if you participate in any low-intensity exercises, since such 30 minutes every day may help reduce your pain. Not getting proper sleep surely does not help! Do you regulate your diet in any way to reduce acid intake? Some acidic foods cause inflammation that could also contribute to chronic pain. At any rate, I pray that your pain, if it will not go away completely, lessens to more tolerable levels that do not interfere with your ability to function more comfortably in life and mess with your state of mind.
The pain started after a car accident but as of today I have learned to live with the new problems. I guess I found where I can be content in it. I'm not at the mental low like I was and now just trying to encourage others around me when in these times it can feel evil is more apparent than ever. I have tried a diet, low sodium and sugar intake, vitamins, exercise, chiropractic, meds, etc. It just seems nothing works or somewhere in it I find pain management like a hot bath after I wake up to increase blood flow to sore and stiff muscles. Thank you for your reply.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
There is nothing Jesus won't heal. He is concerned with "what you have", as He knows it is always an attack of the enemy and if we lay claim to it, "I have this", or "I have such and such", then we are laying claim to it.
He taught me to pray against the pain by praying, "pain be gone in Jesus name", and the pain always leaves.
What He does for one He will do for another, please try this.
blessings
Or it was meant to be.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Only the enemy commes to steal , kill and destroy, God never does. he always honors that for me.
A heated sleeping matress or waterbed could really get the blood flow going.
I have heard a great deal of healing takes place in sleep.
blessings

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Only the enemy commes to steal , kill and destroy, God never does. he always honors that for me.
A heated sleeping matress or waterbed could really get the blood flow going.
I have heard a great deal of healing takes place in sleep.
blessings
I get that but death and decay is a natural process as well. Heaven is only reached in death or Christ's return. Paul was given a thorn and Jacob a hip injury. In similar ways my twenties was like wrestling with God and the injury brought me closer to God. In fact, it only puts life and death in perspective that is is in fact death that brings us life.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Death and decay was not his original plan, like Enoch, Moses, etc. we were intended to find and walk out His plan for our lives, and then when completed, He would take us home.
Moses climbed Mt. Nebo the day he was taken home.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Death and decay was not his original plan, like Enoch, Moses, etc. we were intended to find and walk out His plan for our lives, and then when completed, He would take us home.
Moses climbed Mt. Nebo the day he was taken home.
Not original plan but it became a reality after the fall which our flesh still lives in.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Jesus said ALL things as new in Him, when He said ALL, He meant ALL.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Jesus said ALL things as new in Him, when He said ALL, He meant ALL.
All things is related to the spiritual as our current flesh is not what we carry over to Heaven or in the resurrection.

If the flesh was new, we would not see in the believer, death, decay, sickness, and we would see sinless perfection. But due to reality, we see the opposite.

It is in faith we speak of Heaven. It is of faith we claim salvation as we technically have not yet entered Heaven. It is of faith I can claim victory over death as I have not yet experienced death or resurrection.

I do know of sanctification where a good work is within me preparing me for Holy living. I also know it isn't instant because I still see the struggle of the flesh.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"all" means all, there was nothing Jesus didn't or couldn't heal, He never said, "this one's too tough for me".
He was clear that his own would do even greater works than He.
Your position shows unbelief.
He never takes anything away that we want to keep.
best wishes