“The Law is bad”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people. .

The sabbath day has been apart of Gods government before mosses. Adam and Eve were sabbath keepers that is before the fall and after.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
The sabbath day has been around from the beginning so to say the sabbath day has any thing to do with Moses is Noel

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
The issue to me seems that most of the majority see the law coming from Moses and salvation beginning at Israel? When in reality God was the first to make a sacrifice. Moses was only a reinforcer. Notice also that the sabbath came before sin.

E

eternally-gratefull

as to who its about does not matter as much as the teaching.
It does matter, Because I have been going to churches for over 40 years and been a member of this chatroom and others for over 5 and NEVER heard one person say the law was bad.

So some proof on who teaches it would definitely help so we can see who and see what the issue is.

E

eternally-gratefull

Christianity as a whole are not showing 'Commandment-keeping ! Of course they don't SAY it but it shows very much 'in their Actions !
As we know people are very good at saying one thing but doing another...and christians are no better than the Pharisees .
No one can keep the commandments in a way God requires. We all sin and fall short. So whats the problem?

Are you perfect? (Not spiritually but actually sinless) if not. Your a law breaker

As James said, if we break even the least of the law. We are found guilty of all.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
It does matter, Because I have been going to churches for over 40 years and been a member of this chatroom and others for over 5 and NEVER heard one person say the law was bad.

So some proof on who teaches it would definitely help so we can see who and see what the issue is.
Lets not point at people now. God bless

E

eternally-gratefull

The 10 Coms are not Moses law to be abolished but GOD's spiritual/eternal law of 'loving God and neighbour....this difference people fail to make Lev 10v10 !
The ten commands was given to expose sin. Anot tell us how to live righteous lives.

Jesus told us how to live rightious lives, With just 2 commands. Lobe God will all your heart mind and soul and your neighbor as yourself.

In these two command are found ALL the law and prophets.

E

eternally-gratefull

People so easily fall into 'mainstream teaching because up till recently it has been totally accepted....been there myself for the first 50 years of my life...till God opened my eyes...if 'we desire' to please Him AND act on it ! that is what it comes down to....SHOWING Him that we believe and trust HIM only. It's a giant step to 'move away from mainstream and will get you into a lot of trouble with them...but that's what it takes to start walking with the 'Lord of the Sabbath !
If you want to be like christ,. Then learn to love as he loved. Stop being self focused. And be God focused. The law can not teach this, but do it, and you will by practice keep the law.

E

eternally-gratefull

The sabbath day has been apart of Gods government before mosses. Adam and Eve were sabbath keepers that is before the fall and after.

Yes, Rest on saterday. That has been Gods command since long before the law

Not this religious, rule laden sabbath people want to try to push as Gods command today.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
No one can keep the commandments in a way God requires. We all sin and fall short. So whats the problem?

Are you perfect? (Not spiritually but actually sinless) if not. Your a law breaker

As James said, if we break even the least of the law. We are found guilty of all.
James also says faith with out works is dead.

E

eternally-gratefull

The issue to me seems that most of the majority see the law coming from Moses and salvation beginning at Israel? When in reality God was the first to make a sacrifice. Moses was only a reinforcer. Notice also that the sabbath came before sin.
I should have known.. :rolleyes:

E

eternally-gratefull

He said a CLAIMED faith without works was dead.

Can a dead faith save you? No.

why? Faith always works (see abraham, See David, See Moses, See Rahab, See Heb 11) Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word. Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for. The envidence of things not seen. Faith does not sit still it works.

A fake faith ( a person who believes only, but has no root of faith) will not work, because they do nto have real faith.

E

eternally-gratefull

Lets not point at people now. God bless
I am not pointing at people. I am asking for proof.

Do you have any proof people teach this?

Mar 28, 2016
sorry u feel this way. I have just noticed how long some posts get and they don’t need to be so long unles you are doing a report for school. But as to who its about does not matter as much as the teaching.
Some say we are not under the law, but under grace. Pitting grace against the law,.... a law that will remain until the new heavens and earth appears..

You could say what “law of grace” are we under, seeing there are no philosophical opinions in the Bible..?
How do we look at grace as a law of faith (the unseen eternal). Has God left us as orphans without a prescription for seeing the unseen things of God?

2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

It would seem the letter of the law is the scriptures as that in which we do see with our literal eyes .It kills by showing all fall short of the glory of God.

While the Spirit of grace it comes by comparing that not seen to the same, that not seen....or faith to faith. (an illustration of the gospel ) below

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: (the unseen to the same unseen) as it is written, The just shall live by faith. (the unseen) Romans 1:16

I would suggest we wear the proper prescription that can enlighten the eyes of our heart .The faith to faith gospel that saves, the gospel of our salvation as the anchor of our new souls .

The perfect law of God that does quicken our souls giving us His understanding, it that not seen as coming by observation.

That which does come by observation, kills and is why faith must be mixed in what we do see or hear..(Hebrew 4)

We worship the law of faith .From the hearing of that faith we can believe God not seen ...to the same hearing as the Spirit gives ears to hear the unseen things God has prepared for us that do walk by faith.

Mar 28, 2016

Our new faith, new soul is not without works .By the work of Christ's faith according to that three day labor of love he satisfied the just demands of the father who worked with the Son to bring us the peace of God that surpases all human understanding as a mystery made know. .

Because of His work of faith we can receive his grace.. the reward of His work that works in us to both to will and perform his good pleasure.(imputed righteousness)This is not of our own selves coming from the imaginations of a human heart... as in who could know it which is desperate wicked and beyond repair as a source of living faith?

D

Depleted

as to who its about does not matter as much as the teaching.
Not really.

Common principle to communicating/teaching: Know your audience.

If you don't know your audience, you aren't communicating or teaching to that audience.

So, in this case, you weren't teaching because you had the wrong audience.

If I did a teaching on the proper technique to either foil or came a piece of stained-glass, should I post it on this forum just in case someone wants to learn how to do stained-glass? I am free to do that, but everyone on this forum is free to wonder why in the world I posted it here. And I wouldn't be teaching because very few people would come here to learn it.

That's about what you have done. Wrong audience, thus lack of teaching/communicating.

Chester

May 23, 2016
Gal. 5:14: For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Matt. 5:17 - "think not that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill"

The entire law has been fulfilled in Christ. Not part of it, or most of it, but all of it! Not just the "sacrificial" law, or the "civil" law, but all of it, including the "moral" law.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
If every man from Adam to Moses kept the Sabbath, why is the Hebrew word for the weekly Sabbath found in the ten commandments, never found in the book of Genesis? Why is no one before Moses ever being told to keep the Sabbath? Why are there no examples of anyone keeping the Sabbath before Moses? Why were the Patriarchs never instructed about he Sabbath, but were instructed regarding: Offerings - Genesis 4:3-4; Altars - Genesis 8:20; Priests - Genesis 14:18; Circumcision - Genesis 17:10; Marriage - Genesis 2:24 & Genesis 34:9. Why would God leave out the Sabbath day command in Genesis if what you say is true?