“This Old Man”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NetChaplain

Nov 21, 2018
There are times when the believer feels something is wrong; and it seems often related to possibly doing something wrong, but we can’t immediately identify the wrongdoing. Well, something is wrong, and it’s always the same thing which is wrong—it’s just the “old man” again (Eph 4:22; Col 3:9)—knocking on the door and asking, “What are you going to do about it?”

It’s always trying to reach us with bad news; but there is never really any bad news, just it making it more difficult for us to be “exhorted” (Heb 10:25). I believe it’s the Enemy using the old man (sin nature), making repeated attempts at interfering with the encouragement of our growth in Christ! Continue to exercise your innocence in the Lord Jesus—and be encouraged!
NC

Aussie52

Aug 31, 2022
The 'Old Man' is not the 'sin nature' but what I was 'in Adam'. In other words, my pre-conversion self.

NetChaplain

Nov 21, 2018
The 'Old Man' is not the 'sin nature' but what I was 'in Adam'. In other words, my pre-conversion self.
The "old man' still indwells the believer for the same reason it was there in the first place--to draw us to God and trust in His Son's propitiation! Though the sin nature is in believers (Ro 7:17, 20), they are no longer in the sin nature (Ro 8:9), but "in the Spirit."