❤What type of person do u like ❤

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

amberlynlover7

Why do I get the feeling finding a spouse is like shopping for a car?

"It needs to be this big but not bigger than that, and it needs to have AC, and power everything is a must of course, and I want it in this color, and it has to get at least this gas mileage..."
Ya it something like that u have made a list of things what type a person u want.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

"It needs to be this big but not bigger than that, and it needs to have AC, and power everything is a must of course, and I want it in this color, and it has to get at least this gas mileage..."
Does seem like it, of course when I last went car shopping I ended up settling for one that was a different color than I wanted and was a model year older than my original specification. But I decided that it's ultra low mileage and competitive price more than made up for that. What's more the heated mirrors I was so sure would be great haven't been all that important, but the heated seats that I thought was just kind of silly have grown to be something I really appreciate. So no my car didn't perfectly match my list, but I've learned to love it and learned that what was on my list wasn't exactly what I wanted or needed once I had more experience of the car I did choose.

And yes I love my new car and it feels like we've been together a lot longer than the 10 months we've had together. I'm hoping to make this realtionship last for 10+ years.

T

TheWriter

Brother alot of people put stipulations on love. High expectations always kills romance.

T

TheWriter

Ya it something like that u have made a list of things what type a person u want.
Ro have a list of what you want always fails in comparison to the heart.

Outward apperences always fail to where the heart never will to judge love on looks no one will be happy.

T

TheWriter

PEOPle always speak about the physical apperences in love and get mad when someone that they call is good looking gets with someone as people say is unappeeling.

No one understand this cuz their precepts are failed due to list of the eyes i even been guilty of this very thing myself and i have never bren happy because of it.

This is God's truth in love, no one should focus love on looks. God says that what proceeds out of the mouth is what defiles a person to as the heart? That is more important. Im paraphrasing of course.

He accepte everyone regardless what we look like he loves u for ur heart.

That is what He wants is the heart, not the genetics that make someone as u call "sexy".

The heart defines a person always has and always will friends.

Thats why u see people who are with the unpleasurable be so happy because they love their heart never their looks money or posessions.

A

amberlynlover7

Ro have a list of what you want always fails in comparison to the heart.

Outward apperences always fail to where the heart never will to judge love on looks no one will be happy.
How does making a list fail. Youre actually make a list of quaility or idea that ur interest and seek in a potential partner. Would u want a partner who abusive, not mature, or who isnt responsible. I disagree with ur statement. Outer apperance do play important role along with personality.

look what happen to king david. God choose him to be king because he was handsome and had a personality.

king xexres married esther because she was better than other virgin and she had a figure.

samson has also find two women who were attractive and they were from a different country.

Joseph the dream boy even married an eyptain.

Im pretty sure if you saw someone who was good looking or catches ur attention. you will feel over heel for that person.

T

TheWriter

How does making a list fail. Youre actually make a list of quaility or idea that ur interest and seek in a potential partner. Would u want a partner who abusive, not mature, or who isnt responsible. I disagree with ur statement. Outer apperance do play important role along with personality.

look what happen to king david. God choose him to be king because he was handsome and had a personality.

king xexres married esther because she was better than other virgin and she had a figure.

samson has also find two women who were attractive and they were from a different country.

Im pretty sure if you saw someone who was good looking or catches ur attention. you will feel over heel for that person.
In ways u are right but others u r not.

True love is always in the essence of the heart. Many fall in love with looks but they fade with time.

People love nature but that never fades because nature shows God's love.

Physical attraction to many is important but its never a key to winning a heart.

T

TheWriter

Lastnight i went out with a close fri nd and brother he judged this woman saying she is the ugliest person in the bar i shamed him cuz i actually held her close as we danced it was never to make me look good it was to show that love is the heart.

She is not bad looking either but her heart is what matters and i respect that ahe has a man in her life.

But at least i helped her aee that nit all men are dogs and all he did was sit there and be stupid

T

TheWriter

Yes i gave her my number as a friend and nothing more she was having fun and so was i thats all that mattered

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Does seem like it, of course when I last went car shopping I ended up settling for one that was a different color than I wanted and was a model year older than my original specification. But I decided that it's ultra low mileage and competitive price more than made up for that. What's more the heated mirrors I was so sure would be great haven't been all that important, but the heated seats that I thought was just kind of silly have grown to be something I really appreciate. So no my car didn't perfectly match my list, but I've learned to love it and learned that what was on my list wasn't exactly what I wanted or needed once I had more experience of the car I did choose.

And yes I love my new car and it feels like we've been together a lot longer than the 10 months we've had together. I'm hoping to make this realtionship last for 10+ years.
I really like your response there is a lot of wisdom here....reminds me and my dog.

A

amberlynlover7

In ways u are right but others u r not.

True love is always in the essence of the heart. Many fall in love with looks but they fade with time.

People love nature but that never fades because nature shows God's love.

Physical attraction to many is important but its never a key to winning a heart.
Love actually come from many shape or form. Physical attraction does matter. How else ur going to fall for this person. Apperance is one of the main keys which u can judge a person and see their true color along their personality. After all how ur going to have a realtionship with someone if u dont have any interest or see any attraction for this spefic person.

T

TheWriter

Love actually come from many shape or form. Physical attraction does matter. How else ur going to fall for this person. Apperance is one of the main keys which u can judge a person and see their true color along their personality. After all how ur going to have a realtionship with someone if u dont have any interest or see any attraction for this spefic person.
Lol to judge a person? Rofl lol ur conception is very wrong im finished ur on ignore

T

TheWriter

To judge a person by looks is very wrong. That was never the meaning of true love.

That line of thinking is man made not God made.

T

TheWriter

HOw is it man made? Satan pushed it in a persons heart this solid LIE! To be loves is to judge by apperences only.

But God sewed this truth in every heart, to love someone is to look beyond their apperences and look to their heart for God loves out heart not out looks.

I could see this persons ignored content and false views but i refuse because they been grafted in falsehood about what love really is and it is NEVER about thr looks.

A

amberlynlover7

Lastnight i went out with a close fri nd and brother he judged this woman saying she is the ugliest person in the bar i shamed him cuz i actually held her close as we danced it was never to make me look good it was to show that love is the heart.

She is not bad looking either but her heart is what matters and i respect that ahe has a man in her life.

But at least i helped her aee that nit all men are dogs and all he did was sit there and be stupid
Ur brother has his own opinon about the woman. While u even said that the woman wasnt that bad either. After all everyone has their own view what beauty is.

T

TheWriter

Every person is beautiful, EVERY ONE OF THEM!

Does God judge by apperence i asked this before and the answer is always a solid stern: NO.

To love someone is by the heart not the way tgey look but to say to judge by their looks? Rofl 🤣

I pray for u sister, a person is never the outward shell but ite always the inside where the heart and soul lives thats the person by the whole and its not the apperence.

A

amberlynlover7

To judge a person by looks is very wrong. That was never the meaning of true love.

That line of thinking is man made not God made.
Judge mean: a person able or qualified to give an opinion on something.

Didnt the same God judge Saul heart and his action. Even though he was known to be handsome and tall. But did some mistake as king and didnt follow some rule.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Lol to judge a person? Rofl lol ur conception is very wrong im finished ur on ignore
If you put people on ignore whenever they disagree with you about any little thing, you will eventually have a very quiet, lonely forum view.

If you yell at people every time they won't agree that you are right, people will stop talking to you at all.

T

TheWriter

If you put people on ignore whenever they disagree with you about any little thing, you will eventually have a very quiet, lonely forum view.

If you yell at people every time they won't agree that you are right, people will stop talking to you at all.
Not yelling and i put her in ignore to defuse a situation and its never a long term thing.

And its fine they disagree and isc its just i rather atep back and let them be them and just move on and soon it could be in an hour or longer ehenever i will remove rhe ignore