Old news now but I didn't know much about the monarchy in Norway... my cousin married husband of Norwegian descent.
What countries still have active reigning monarchies? I hear about Japans from time to time, and Tonga is a recognised Kingdom, Thailand has always had their own King, Monaco, Syria....Jordan....but a lot of countries are just run by tyrants and dictators that people 'elect' rather than families that are born to succeed and sit on the throne.
Am glad there no longer seems to be fratricide, or whatever King Macbeth did to inherit the throne. I mean how does that even work, you kill the King (heaven forbid) and then that gives you the right to be King in his place? You are not the son. Also won't people realise that's what you did? Nobody can seize the crown unless the entire nations revolts like in France.
Some people get all excited over a potential political coup but in monarchies, it's all about inheritance and succession, esp those that have been that way for hundreds, if not thousands of years.