1+1=2 Tribulation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 12, 2016
Brother and Sisters,

I will speak on this with scripture alone plain and clear, then say no more. There is no escape, you are to be witnesses for Him who are in the body and stand for the truth. Be patient and endure till the end. Some tell you that you will not tribulation brothers and sisters?

The two verses bellow are of the same situation, John 15-16 he expanded in greater detail about what he states in Matthew 24 telling us what to expect and what his body will go through. Again, are we greater than the Master? Are you not in the body? These are not my words. Here is your proof, plain and clear.

Matthew 24:9
9“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake. 10And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. 11And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Note what he stated above, then many will fall away, what will contribute to the falling away, see the verse below. Note how he reiterates remember what I told you in the next scripture below. This isn’t for the Jew in the “physical” sense, it is for those in Christ. Plain and clear! Don’t let a chapter break from 15 to 16 separate you from the truth.

John 15-16:18-1
18“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23Whoever hates me hates my Father also. 24If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. 25But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause.’
26“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. 27And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.

I have said all these things to you to keep you from falling away. 2They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. 3And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told them to you.

Again, my Lord said, “I have said these things to you to keep you from falling away.”

1+1=2

He is the way the truth and the life!

Love to you, your brother in Christ

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Some tell you that you will not [have] tribulation brothers and sisters?
The tribulations of Christians are not the same as the unique event called "The Tribulation". Of course Christians are promised tribulations and also persecutions.

May 12, 2016
The tribulations of Christians are not the same as the unique event called "The Tribulation". Of course Christians are promised tribulations and also persecutions.
I can see your point of how it can be confusing for some. Just like when the serpent replied, “Surly you will not die”, didn’t mean they would die, right?

Wouldn’t that mean the “falling away” mentioned by my Lord in Matthew 24:10, must not have been the exact same as the “falling away” that He warned His disciples about in John 15-18. To prepare their hearts for what they, and we, his followers in the future must face. Oh, that wasn’t your statement though. It was that “the tribulation” is different.

Wait, what was it he said right before the falling away though? Matthew 24:9 Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake.”

If it isn’t “the tribulation”, to be hated by all nations for His name sake. Then could you clarify with scripture what falling away/tribulation was he talking about?

The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. His testimony against the false teachers/churches was clear and expanded upon by Him knowing what would come.

Lesson: You know, I wrote this reply differently with thunder at first and some arrogance. I couldn’t figure out why I kept trying to inject it. Then the Lord reminded me of brother Moses and softened my heart. Reminded me about the sin of pride, which is where arrogance comes from. Pride doth come before the fall. Thank you Father and my Lord for you truly humble me. Know what I mean?

Love, a brother in Christ

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Wait, what was it he said right before the falling away though? Matthew 24:9 Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake.”
The tribulation mentioned here is the persecution and martyrdom of Christians. But "THE TRIBULATION" is a unique event.

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, [THE TRIBULATION] such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. (Dan 12:1)

"such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time" makes this a unique event.

Fillan

Oct 25, 2022
The tribulation mentioned here is the persecution and martyrdom of Christians. But "THE TRIBULATION" is a unique event.
Yes. The prophet Jeremiah called it the time of Jacob's trouble:

How awful that day will be! No other will be like it. It will be a time of trouble for Jacob, but he will be saved out of it (Jeremiah 30:7)

In verse three of the same chapter Jeremiah also places the time, immediately after the Jews have been brought back to the land of Israel. It's a very relevant chapter :)

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
Interesting, I KNOW as well the remnants of Israel will return by the will of GOD many prophecy confirm this a second massive exodus in which all the Israelite in exile scattered in the world will return. I have always suspected that many called by the LORD today are unknowingly the remnants , the lost sheep of Israel. They will return by different means sometimes as written, the lord will pick them one by one see Isaiah 11:16, 35: 8-10 and many other. verses i might prepare a post on this it is fascinating..

Blessings.

W

Wsb

I can see your point of how it can be confusing for some. Just like when the serpent replied, “Surly you will not die”, didn’t mean they would die, right?

Wouldn’t that mean the “falling away” mentioned by my Lord in Matthew 24:10, must not have been the exact same as the “falling away” that He warned His disciples about in John 15-18. To prepare their hearts for what they, and we, his followers in the future must face. Oh, that wasn’t your statement though. It was that “the tribulation” is different.

If it isn’t “the tribulation”, to be hated by all nations for His name sake. Then could you clarify with scripture what falling away/tribulation was he talking about?

The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. His testimony against the false teachers/churches was clear and expanded upon by Him knowing what would come.

Lesson: You know, I wrote this reply differently with thunder at first and some arrogance. I couldn’t figure out why I kept trying to inject it. Then the Lord reminded me of brother Moses and softened my heart. Reminded me about the sin of pride, which is where arrogance comes from. Pride doth come before the fall. Thank you Father and my Lord for you truly humble me. Know what I mean?

Love, a brother in Christ
It is encouraging to see you not follow the future arguments on this thread. It appears to me that you tried, and when it turned to pride and argument, you no longer participated. If I am correct in my assessment, I thank God for your self controlled behavior.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Daniel 12:1 makes it perfectly clear that "the time of Jacob's trouble" (mentioned by Jeremiah) is the same as the "a time of trouble" "for the children of thy people". Who were "thy people" other than the Jews? Thus "Jacob's" [Israel's] tribulation. We need to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

God has a plan for the Jews in the future, and this will include "The Tribulation". We may not have all the details, but this is quite clear. The hatred, persecution, and martyrdom of the apostles (and the disciples) was also promised, and that is already past. We are talking about a future event.