1 Cor.13:11 When i was a child....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

There isnt any reproof here that I am myself free from. My thoughts were about the
things ive seen here in the forums since im still new. Not putting anyone down
but confessing ive had miffs a few times. Im ok with the petty fights,they happen.

Heres my confusion: there are those who are always saying what christians DONT do.
example:dont war against satan, dont walk in the Spirit, dont obey Him and have His authority,
that they only live by the bible, dont hear His voice...belittling and presumptious talk in my opinion.
Not encouraging, instills a feeling of lack.

Sometimes in a family the older kids look down on the younger ones and tell them how
they dont understand. With my grandsons the oldest(6) one lives to help show the 2 younger
the ropes and giggled when thay didnt get it and would say...i know..let me show you. I was
surprised but blessed.

Isnt it the same in the church? why point out the obvious and appear to be elite. Paul
says ...if you have anything good than wasnt it given to you? freely ye have recieved, freely give!
I may just be ranting...but i think why not pass on the judgement and just encourage and feed the sheep?
Think there is a lack in christians? Fill it with simple teaching...Jay would say ...put the cookies on the bottom shelve so the kiddies can get them.

A child is expected to have childish behavior. But the greatest are the feetwashers and helpers,
they look over the flock and tend to their needs...not just point out their missing wool.
Very true. That is what edification is all about. Exactly. But I think what you are seeing as belittling and presumptuous is not what is happening. A parent knows full well that encouragement is in the good things, and not in the evil things, their children are doing. If they are going the wrong way then the Rod lines them up. But this Rod is Jesus Christ. What then, should we encourage sin? Did Jesus encourage sin? The rebuke fell to them who lived in sin, not to those who humbled themselves.

But You are very very very right here. This is what I called, gently restoring. This is how Jesus did with the woman who sinned, yet the Pharisees he sharply rebuked. And no one can judge Jesus. But his words indeed judge.

May Jesus bless you.

F

FireOnTheAltar

but you're happy to throw old calvin under the bus.
finney and wesley: yes. the second baptism thing.
christian perfectionism.
right.
Considering that Calvin's greatest accomplishment was having someone killed for heresy, an act which completely contradicted his own belief and teaching that the soveriegnty of God meant that mankind could do nothing to further help or hurt the cause of Christ. Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

As for Finney and Wesley, it is said that between both of them close to a million souls have been saved by their direct influence alone, on horseback too.

If given the choice, I'd take Finney and Wesley any day. After all, the bible teaches that we can judge a man according to his fruit. :)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Considering that Calvin's greatest accomplishment was having someone killed for heresy, an act which completely contradicted his own belief and teaching that the soveriegnty of God meant that mankind could do nothing to further help or hurt the cause of Christ. Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

As for Finney and Wesley, it is said that between both of them close to a million souls have been saved by their direct influence alone, on horseback too.

If given the choice, I'd take Finney and Wesley any day. After all, the bible teaches that we can judge a man according to his fruit. :)
calvin's greatest accomplishment?
maybe you need to go back to school young man.
after all: you're wrong in just about all your doctrines.
(not prophet school....do it the old fashioned - hard - way).

F

FireOnTheAltar

calvin's greatest accomplishment?
maybe you need to go back to school young man.
after all: you're wrong in just about all your doctrines.
(not prophet school....do it the old fashioned - hard - way).
I judge doctrines according to their fruit historically. You can say what you like but history doesn't lie...

Calvinism kills, Jesus saves.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I judge doctrines according to their fruit historically. You can say what you like but history doesn't lie...

Calvinism kills, Jesus saves.
calvinism kills?
what an ignorant remark.

F

FireOnTheAltar

calvinism kills?
what an ignorant remark.
Not when you take history into consideration. You and I both are well aware of what Calvinism can become when it's followers begin to focus on traditional doctrine without right relationship (daily fellowship) with God. Calvinists have committed atrocities every bit as bad as Catholics. This is why I see no problem in criticizing the doctrine.