1 Corinthians 12:3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 6, 2022
1 Corinthians 12

1Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2You know that when you were pagans, you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3Therefore I inform you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is Lord. Jesus is YahWeh.

Does anyone find these difficult to say with your mouth?

Even if you think the tetragrammaton is pronounced
YHVH. Even if you think there is more to this verse that changes its apparent meaning.

Not judging on this thread either. I would like to use this truth more often for discerning hearts.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
1 Corinthians 12

1Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2You know that when you were pagans, you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3Therefore I inform you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

YHVH. Even if you think there is more to this verse that changes its apparent meaning.

Not judging on this thread either. I would like to use this truth more often for discerning hearts.
This might, indeed, be as difficult to say as it is to say the entire alphabet, from the first aleph to the last tav, in one breath without leaving out any jots or tittles, but this can be done by the Holy Spirit. As a matter of fact, I can hardly say nor hear said, '26,' without the LORD coming to mind.

Mar 4, 2024
1 Corinthians 12

You mean, is it hard to say Jesus is Lord because of the weight of that statement?

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
1 Corinthians 12

In 1Co 12:1 Paul starts out by stating “Now concerning spiritual matters (gifts) I would not have you ignorant brethren.

∎So, spiritual matters is the subject …which is anything dealing with the spirit.

1Co 12:2 You know that you were gentiles carried away unto these dumb idols even as ye were led

∎This may be referencing the practice of food offerings to idols and various traditions in 1 Cor chapters 7 & 8

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by/in the spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the holy spirit.

∎Verse 3 is discussing spiritual matters …not physical. Speaking by the spirit as 1Co 14:2 discusses is… speaking in tongues.

∎No one who speaks in tongues calleth Jesus accursed …and no one can say of a certainty that Jesus is Lord in their lives except by speaking in tongues. (Your proof in the senses realm).

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
1 Corinthians 12

I think it means what things people say regularly, speaking about their lifestyle. A true christian will often speak good of the Lord, while sinners will say the opposite.

Matthew 5:37
English Standard Version
Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

Philemon 1:4I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, 5Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints; 6That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1
New American Standard Bible
3I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, 5in view of your [c]participation in the gospel from the first day until now.