10 BRIDEMAIDS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Explain to me how heaven and earth passing is fulfilled in another way, Im listening, im logging off, but Ill reply tomorrow, if im able, should be
As a figure of speech. Christ said the law could not change at all until Heaven and Earth passed away. The law changed so that means Heaven and Earth did pass away but since the old Earth is still here we know it was a symbolic passing away. I think the change between covenants explains this.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
As a figure of speech. Christ said the law could not change at all until Heaven and Earth passed away. The law changed so that means Heaven and Earth did pass away but since the old Earth is still here we know it was a symbolic passing away. I think the change between covenants explains this.
You are making the Scripture fit your doctrine, you should be making your doctrine fit the Scripture

But it's not a figure of speech if it is prophesied to happen many times litearlly saying it will happen

Revelation 21:1-2, “And I saw a renewed heaven and a renewed earth, for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. And I, Yoḥanan, saw the set-apart city, renewed Yerushalayim, coming down out of the heaven from Yah, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”

Isaiah 66:22-24, "“For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make stand before Me,” declares יהוה, “so your seed and your name shall stand. “And it shall be that from New moon to New moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath,b all flesh shall come to worship before Me,” declares יהוה. Footnote: bPossible meaning: Every week on the Sabbath. “And they shall go forth and look upon the corpses of the men who have transgressed against Me. For their worm shall not die, and their fire not be quenched. And they shall be repulsive to all flesh!”

Isaiah 65:17, ""For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind."

2 Peter 3:9-14, “9 יהוה is not slow in regard to the promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward us, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of יהוה shall come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with intense heat, and the earth and the works that are in it shall be burned up. 11 Seeing all these are to be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be in set-apart behavior and reverence, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of Elohim, through which the heavens shall be destroyed, being set on fire, and the elements melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we wait for a renewed heavens and a renewed earth in which righteousness dwells. 14 So then, beloved ones, looking forward to this, do your utmost to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless.”

Isaiah 51:6, 6 “Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look on the earth beneath, for the heavens shall vanish like smoke, and the earth wear out like a garment, and those who dwell in it die as gnats. But My deliverance is forever, and My righteousness is not broken."

1 John 2:17, 17 And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but the one doing the desire of Elohim remains forever."

Malachi/Malakyah 4:1-4, “For look, the day shall come, burning like a furnace, and all the proud, and every wrongdoer shall be stubble. And the day that shall come shall burn them up,” said יהוה of hosts, “which leaves to them neither root nor branch. 2 “But to you who fear My Name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings. And you shall go out and leap for joy like calves from the stall. 3 “And you shall trample the wrongdoers, for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day that I do this,” said יהוה of hosts. 4 “Remember the Torah of Mosheh, My servant, which I commanded him in Ḥorĕḇ for all Yisra’ĕl – laws and right-rulings."

Isaiah 24:1-6, "See, יהוה is making the earth empty and making it waste, and shall overturn its surface, and shall scatter abroad its inhabitants. 2 And it shall be – as with the people so with the priest, as with the servant so with his master, as with the female servant so with her mistress, as with the buyer so with the seller, as with the lender so with the borrower, as with the creditor so with the debtor; 3 the earth is completely emptied and utterly plundered, for יהוה has spoken this word. 4 The earth shall mourn and wither, the world shall languish and wither, the haughty people of the earth shall languish. 5 For the earth has been defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the Torah, changed the law, broken the everlasting covenant. 6 Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, and those who dwell in it be punished. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth shall be burned, and few men shall be left.”

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
You are making the Scripture fit your doctrine

You are actually doing that not me. I have no doctrine to defend or be loyal to on this. You are avoiding the fact that the law did change after the cross which proves heaven and earth passed away as per what Christ said. The law changed but it could not change unless heaven and earth passed away first. That's straight from the bible.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
You are actually doing that not me. I have no doctrine to defend or be loyal to on this. You are avoiding the fact that the law did change after the cross which proves heaven and earth passed away as per what Christ said. The law changed but it could not change unless heaven and earth passed away first. That's straight from the bible.
what about all the verse I just posted you cut out? proving it is literal, you cant ignore much of the word and expect me to take you view, especially when I already posted my view on Hebrews and you didnt address it

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
what about all the verse I just posted you cut out? proving it is literal

Everyone already knows the literal earth and heavens will pass away and new ones will be in their place. You are therefore proving something no one disagrees with. It's called a strawman fallacy. It also acts as a red herring fallacy to change the subject so you can avoid addressing this:

You are avoiding the fact that the law did change after the cross which proves heaven and earth passed away as per what Christ said. The law changed but it could not change unless heaven and earth passed away first. That's straight from the bible.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Everyone already knows the literal earth and heavens will pass away and new ones will be in their place. You are therefore proving something no one disagrees with. It's called a strawman fallacy. It also acts as a red herring fallacy to change the subject so you can avoid addressing this:

You are avoiding the fact that the law did change after the cross which proves heaven and earth passed away as per what Christ said. The law changed but it could not change unless heaven and earth passed away first. That's straight from the bible.
If you know heaven and earth will pass and He says

Matthew 5:17-18, “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete*1. For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one yod or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.”

Then maybe your ideas about the Law are wrong?

Maybe the Law is still active and the priest has changed?

Maybe that is why this is written:

Revelation 14:12-13, “Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding (G5083) the Commands (G1785) of יהוה and the Belief of יהושע. And I heard a voice out of the heaven saying to me, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Master from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, in order that they rest from their labors, and their works follow with them.”

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Then maybe your ideas about the Law are wrong?
It's not my idea.

Heb_7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

I have presented scripture that says the law changed. Christ said the law cannot change unless heaven and Earth passed away.

The law did change, so heaven and Earth passed away. The literal heaven and earth are still here so the heaven and earth Christ spoke of were non-literal.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
It's not my idea.

Heb_7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

I have presented scripture that says the law changed. Christ said the law cannot change unless heaven and Earth passed away.

The law did change, so heaven and Earth passed away. The literal heaven and earth are still here so the heaven and earth Christ spoke of were non-literal.
Everytime you cut parts of my post oout, that is not needed, and counterproductive when I mentioned the priesthood Hebrews talks about in that post...

In english "change" is used twice, in Greek it's not the same word

Hebrews 7:11-12, “Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed (#G3346), there is made of necessity a change (#G3331) also of the law.”

“For the priesthood being changed (#G3346), there is made of necessity a change (#G3331) also of the law.”

G3346 "change"
is a removal of one (the Levitical priesthood ) and establishment of another (the priesthood after the order of Melchizedek)

“For the priesthood being changed (#G3346)”
#G3346 μετατίθημι metatithemi (me-ta-tiy'-thee-miy) v.
1. to transfer.

2. (literally) to transport.
3. (by implication) to exchange.
4. (reflexively) to change sides.
5. (figuratively) to pervert.
[from G3326 and G5087]
KJV: carry over, change, remove, translate, turn
Root(s): G3326, G5087

Thayer Definition:
#G3346 metatithēmi - μετατίθημι
1) to transpose (two things, one of which is put in place of the other)

1a) to transfer
1b) to change
1c) to transfer one’s self or suffer one’s self to be transferred
1c1) to go or pass over
1c2) to fall away or desert from one person or thing to another

G3331 "change"
is a transfer (the law) form the Levitical to the order of Melchizedek

#G3331 μετάθεσις metathesis (me-ta'-the-sis) n.
transposition, i.e. transferral (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law).
[from G3346]
KJV: change, removing, translation
Root(s): G3346

Thayer Definition
#G3331 metathesis - μετάθεσιςthis passage remains true, without having to ignore or twist its meaning

Matthew 5:17-18, " 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

It very simple once you look at the original Greek
1) transfer: from one place to another
2) to change

2a) of things instituted or established

That is why

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
[from G3346]

Thayer Definition
#G3331 metathesis - μετάθεσιςthis passage remains true, without having to ignore or twist its meaning
You ignored "disestablishment (of a law)"

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

G3331
μετάθεσις
metathesis
met-ath'-es-is
From G3346; transposition, that is, transferral (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law): - change, removing, translation.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

G3331
μετάθεσις
metathesis
Thayer Definition:
2) to change

Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G3346

A change of the law did occur after Christ died. Christ said the law could not change at all, even in the smallest way, until after heaven and earth passed away but the law changed quite a bit. This leaves us with the certain fact that heaven and earth passed away prior to the law changing which really was as Strongs lists, "a disestablishment (of a law)" because the law of Moses was replaced by the law of Christ. This means the passing of heaven and earth was symbolic, and different than the literal passing away of them that would happen prior to the Eternity.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
You ignored "disestablishment (of a law)"

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

G3331
μετάθεσις
metathesis
met-ath'-es-is
From G3346; transposition, that is, transferral (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law): - change, removing, translation.

G3331
μετάθεσις
metathesis
Thayer Definition:
2) to change

Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G3346

A change of the law did occur after Christ died. Christ said the law could not change at all, even in the smallest way, until after heaven and earth passed away but the law changed quite a bit. This leaves us with the certain fact that heaven and earth passed away prior to the law changing which really was as Strongs lists, "a disestablishment (of a law)" because the law of Moses was replaced by the law of Christ. This means the passing of heaven and earth was symbolic, and different than the literal passing away of them that would happen prior to the Eternity.
yes under the mediation of the Levites.... also you clearly ignored,

G3331
μετάθεσις
metathesis
Thayer Definition:

The word has a mening that encapsulates the descriptiion/definition as a whole not just the part of the definition you like.

Also my understanding of it fits the rest of theWord: that is why Yahshua says

Matthew 5:17-18, " 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

It also fits the rest of Hebrews, explaining in detail the transfer and its results. The main point of Hebrews is telling them the Levitical priesthood is no more, for us no big deal, foor them who lived under it their ENTIRE lives it is a VERY BIG change.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
yes under the mediation of the Levites.... also you clearly ignored,

G3331
μετάθεσις
metathesis
Thayer Definition:

The word has a mening that encapsulates the descriptiion/definition as a whole not just the part of the definition you like.
The law was not transferred from one place to another so it is incorrect to cite that part of the definition as it does not apply.

The change that happened to the law is that it was entirely replaced by a new law.

Also my understanding of it fits the rest of theWord: that is why Yahshua says

The old law was fulfilled and that is how it could be replaced by a new law.

G3331
μετάθεσις
metathesis
met-ath'-es-is

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
The law was not transferred from one place to another so it is incorrect to cite that part of the definition as it does not apply.

The change that happened to the law is that it was entirely replaced by a new law.

The old law was fulfilled and that is how it could be replaced by a new law.

G3331
μετάθεσις
metathesis
met-ath'-es-is
Well your understanding would make what Yahshua said not true

Matthew 5:17-18, “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”

Luke 16:16-17, “The Law and the Prophets were until John, since that time the Kingdom of YHWH is preached, and every man is pressed to enter it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one yodh of the Law to fail.”

Also YHWH supports this:

Malachi 4:1-4, “For look, the day shall come, burning like a furnace, and all the proud, and every wrongdoer shall be stubble. And the day that shall come shall burn them up,” said יהוה of hosts, “which leaves to them neither root nor branch. But to you who fear My Name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings. And you shall go out and leap for joy like calves from the stall. And you shall trample the wrongdoers, for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day that I do this,” said יהוה of hosts. Remember the Torah of Mosheh, My servant, which I commanded him in Ḥorĕḇ for all Yisra’ĕl – laws and right-rulings.”

Is is YHWH's Law not Moses

Paul even shows you how this is possible

Galatians 3:16-17, “But the promises were spoken to Aḇraham, and to his Seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Messiah. Now this I say, Torah, that came four hundred and thirty years later, does not annul a covenant previously confirmed by Elohim in Messiah, so as to do away with the promise.”

How was it "previously confirmed" ???

Isaiah 24:1-6, "See, יהוה is making the earth empty and making it waste, and shall overturn its surface, and shall scatter abroad its inhabitants. And it shall be – as with the people so with the priest, as with the servant so with his master, as with the female servant so with her mistress, as with the buyer so with the seller, as with the lender so with the borrower, as with the creditor so with the debtor; the earth is completely emptied and utterly plundered, for יהוה has spoken this word. The earth shall mourn and wither, the world shall languish and wither, the haughty people of the earth shall languish. For the earth has been defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the Torah, changed the law, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, and those who dwell in it be punished. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth shall be burned, and few men shall be left.”

Matt 24:21-2, "For then will be great tribulation, such as has not come to pass since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever will be. And unless those days were shortened, there would no flesh be saved; but for the elect's sake, those days will be shortened."

How was it "previously confirmed" ???

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Matthew 24 s is directed at Israel internally or looking out of Israel
John/Yahanan 10:16, "And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice. So there will be one flock, one Shepherd (G4166 poimén)."

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
John/Yahanan 10:16, "And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice. So there will be one flock, one Shepherd (G4166 poimén)."
I do not disagree that the gentiles are grafted in but the scriptures are mostly directed at Israel

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
I do not disagree that the gentiles are grafted in but the scriptures are mostly are directed at Israel
If Gentiles are grafted in then they are the same as Israel the people no?

And can you show me in Matt 24 that it is not directed at Gentiles who are grafted in?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
It also fits the rest of Hebrews, explaining in detail the transfer and its results. The main point of Hebrews is telling them the Levitical priesthood is no more, for us no big deal, foor them who lived under it their ENTIRE lives it is a VERY BIG change.
Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Hebrews 7:15-19
And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. For He testifies: [" You] [are] [a priest forever] [According to the order of Melchizedek."] [ For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand,] [there is the]bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Correct but those 2 uses of change are different words, please consider this post I made

In english "change" is used twice, in Greek it's not the same word

Hebrews 7:11-12, “Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed (#G3346), there is made of necessity a change (#G3331) also of the law.”

“For the priesthood being changed (#G3346), there is made of necessity a change (#G3331) also of the law.”

G3346 "change"
is a removal of one (the Levitical priesthood ) and establishment of another (the priesthood after the order of Melchizedek)

“For the priesthood being changed (#G3346)”
#G3346 μετατίθημι metatithemi (me-ta-tiy'-thee-miy) v.
1. to transfer.

2. (literally) to transport.
3. (by implication) to exchange.
4. (reflexively) to change sides.
5. (figuratively) to pervert.
[from G3326 and G5087]
KJV: carry over, change, remove, translate, turn
Root(s): G3326, G5087

Thayer Definition:
#G3346 metatithēmi - μετατίθημι
1) to transpose (two things, one of which is put in place of the other)

1a) to transfer
1b) to change
1c) to transfer one’s self or suffer one’s self to be transferred
1c1) to go or pass over
1c2) to fall away or desert from one person or thing to another

G3331 "change"
is a transfer (the law) form the Levitical to the order of Melchizedek

[from G3346]

Thayer Definition

It very simple once you look at the original Greek
2) to change

That is why

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
If Gentiles are grafted in then they are the same as Israel the people no?

And can you show me in Matt 24 that it is not directed at Gentiles who are grafted in?
Where does the antchrist sit in temple of God--Is it not in Jerusalem?

Where is the abomination that causes desolation standing in the holy place take place?

Who are the people saying peace and security during the tribulation?

Nation against nation---means gentile against gentile and does not include Israel

Let those in Judea flee to the mountains---are you jewish?

When the Lord comes at the end of tne Tribulation where does He set foot on??