10 Concise Reasons to Remember the Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

I think some of us think the entire op is wrong

but like I said, don't post cartoons in all your posts if you expect everyone else to refrain

you see that, don't you?

7seasrekeyed

It's a signature. Not a post. :) Do you know the difference? Are you able to respect a thread or are you sitting here refreshing this one so as to derail a thread about the Sabbath, something Jesus taught about, so as to disrespect that part of scripture?

LOL!

I know the difference between someone saying do what I say and not what I do

LOL!

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
I think some of us think the entire op is wrong

but like I said, don't post cartoons in all your posts if you expect everyone else to refrain

you see that, don't you?
Oh, so you judge me as less than making false statements about cartoons in every post I make because you don't recognize the difference between a post and a signature. Whereas yours asks for animated emoticons so you can sign your posts with emotive cartoon faces.
Then you insist while I'm so bad by your judgement that I should recognize others are entitled to come down as low as I am and copy my behavior that you criticize.

OK. Proceed? :)

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
LOL!

I know the difference between someone saying do what I say and not what I do

LOL!
Not according to the evidence thus far. You aren't able to represent the truth in a thread and its content. Instead you seek to show us your faith by openly disrespecting Jesus identity in more than one thread. And now have taken your personal attack agenda to this one so as to assail the Sabbath as something to be mocked.

Poor thing. You are very angry and sad. I would hold you in prayer. How you comport yourself in this community speaks to you desperately needing grace. God help you. I mean that sincerely.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
I think I should interject something here for the sake of the Christian sisters and brothers here who may be intimidated by the animosity that has entered this thread purposefully.

We know in the world there are people who despise us for our faith. When we encounter people like that we should care for ourselves and not permit their abuse. Just walk away. Ignore them. When we encounter that element in opposition to our faith that denigrates the Jewish identity of our Savior we know in that moment someone is deeply discouraged in their own life. We should pray for them. But not feed their need to be invited to abuse our faith further.
When they then turn to mocking our religious holy day, Sabbath, we are able to realize how the prophetic word of God forewarned us to be aware of such souls in deep peril and conflict with themselves first. And pray for them still. But not pay them the invitation to continue further in their disrespect. Why would anyone despise a Jewish Messiah an a holy day others cherish? Perhaps because they are compelled by that which is averse to the truth of God in Christ.

The Sabbath is not irrelevant for Christians as we know. Though there is that element in worldly society that will mock a Jewish Jesus and then claim the Sabbath is for Jews only. They know not because they care not that they are in grievous error. If there is no Sabbath what then do Christians defend as they go to church on Sunday? There's no Sabbath to honor God but we go to church on Sunday to honor God? "We can't be like the Jews"?

Jesus did not abolish the Sabbath. He said the Sabbath was made for us. We were not made for the Sabbath. How is it in error then or us to cherish time to ourselves and shared with our Lord on one day when the worldly matters can not matter. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. Meaning, He is the God that designated the day of rest and communion with his holy spirit. Why would anyone condemn that?
This is a Christian Bible discussion board. Please don't be dissuaded to discuss the Bible topics here. :) Thanks.

Did Christ Abolish The Sabbath?

[...]Most people know the Old Testament Sabbath was on the seventh day of the week—Saturday on the Roman calendar. But that day is for the Jews, they reason. Jesus Christ came to change Sabbath observance to Sunday worship.
Did He?
Early in Christ’s ministry, we find that He taught on the Sabbath day (Mark 1:21; 6:2; Luke 4:31; 13:10). In fact, Luke 4:16 says this was His custom! Mark 2:27-28 say, “And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.” Jesus Christ, the Scriptures reveal, is the Lord of the Sabbath. He made it for you and me!
The word Sabbath or Sabbaths is mentioned 172 times throughout the Bible; 60 of these are found in the New Testament. If Christ had changed the Sabbath day to Sunday, surely He or the apostles who followed in His steps would have explained the change.
Acts 13:14-15 show that the Apostle Paul was teaching in the synagogue on the Sabbath many years after Christ died. In verse 42, after Paul’s Sabbath sermon, many of the Jews who heard him became offended and left. But notice, “the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.” The Gentiles, those who had no prior knowledge of Sabbath observance, asked if Paul could come back the next Sabbath.
Notice what happened: “And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God” (verse 44). Why didn’t the Gentiles ask him to come back on the following Sunday? Because Paul, like Christ, kept the Sabbath.
Notice Acts 17:2: “And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath daysreasoned with them out of the scriptures.” This is now 20 years after Christ died, and we see that it was still Paul’s custom to keep the Sabbath, just as it was Christ’s custom (Luke 4:16).
[.....]

....Followers of Christ
Scholars will reason around it, but the Bible is clear. There simply is no command endorsing any kind of Sunday observance. What God does command is this: “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy” (Exodus 20:8).
The Israelites were commanded to keep the Sabbath. The prophets—described as part of the foundation of God’s Church today (Ephesians 2:19-21)—all kept the Sabbath. Jesus Christ came in the flesh and observed the Sabbath (Luke 4:16). All of the apostles, including Paul, observed the seventh-day Sabbath (Acts 17:2). They followed Christ’s example. And in 1 Corinthians 11:1, Paul said, “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”
Don’t let any man decide what’s right and wrong with respect to the Sabbath. Just follow Christ’s example.

7seasrekeyed

Not according to the evidence thus far. You aren't able to represent the truth in a thread and its content. Instead you seek to show us your faith by openly disrespecting Jesus identity in more than one thread. And now have taken your personal attack agenda to this one so as to assail the Sabbath as something to be mocked.

Poor thing. You are very angry and sad. I would hold you in prayer. How you comport yourself in this community speaks to you desperately needing grace. God help you. I mean that sincerely.

ahahahahaha

well if you do not actually have anything wise to say, resort to an ad hominem attack

I have been comporting myself for a good amount of time in this community and I understand it very well

I understand it and I understand the folks like you that come along and think they are going to straighten us all out

7seasrekeyed

I had to turn off signatures showing in posts because of those.
I actually like the far side and I think people who have been on here for some time know I will post cartoons and such or memes

however I don't go around telling others not to do what I myself do

somehow, that makes this thread even less credible

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
GentleReformation.Com - Used with permission
9 JULY 2018
Ten Concise Reasons to Remember the Sabbath

Having enjoyed yesterday another Sabbath, where my soul was rejuvenated and my heart made glad, I thought I would encourage you with ten concise reasons (five coming from the Old Testament and five from the New) as to why you should honor the Lord's Day.
First and foremost, remembering the Sabbath is a command. From the first week of creation (Gen. 2:3-4), to the formalizing it in the Ten Commandments (Ex. 20:8-11), to the prophets urging the people to honor it (Jer. 17:27), the Sabbath Day is a command given to God's people.
The Sabbath offers rest to you. The word Sabbath means "rest," the fourth commandment calls people to rest from their labors on this day (Ex. 20:10), and it is a promise that God will give rest to his people (Ex. 35:2).

The Sabbath is a sign of spiritual realities. In Exodus 31:12, the Lord told Moses to instruct the people, "Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you." The Sabbath is a sign of wonderful blessings the Lord desires to give to his people.

In particular, the Sabbath is a sign promising redemption. In the two places in the Bible where the Ten Commandments are listed (Ex. 20:1-17; Deut. 5:6-21), dual acts of God are given as reasons for observing the Sabbath. The first act is the creation of the world (Ex. 20:11) and the second is redemption from slavery (Deut. 5:15). The One who made the world, then watched mankind plunge itself into sin and slavery, promises via the Sabbath that he will redeem his people.

The Sabbath prophesied that Christ would bring this redemption. The prophet Isaiah, as he looks ahead to the age of Christ, equates the Sabbath Day with the Day of the Lord (or the Lord's Day), and anticipates great blessing to those who observe it faithfully.
If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath,​
from doing your pleasure on my holy day,​
and call the Sabbath a delight​
and the holy day of the Lord honorable;​
if you honor it, not going your own ways,​
or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly;​
then you shall take delight in the Lord,​
and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;​
I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father,​
for the mouth of the Lord has spoken. (Is. 58:13-14)​
In the Old Testament, the term "day of the Lord" was used to signify a visitation of the Lord to bring judgment on his enemies and deliverance to his people. Isaiah is seeing the Sabbath become an ultimate time of victory and blessing for the Lord and his people.
Jesus kept the Sabbath. As the New Testament opens up with the gospel accounts, we see that our Lord Jesus observed the Sabbath himself (Luke 4:16), told us he was Lord of the Sabbath (Matt. 12:8), and taught the day was made for us (Mark 2:27). Knowing that Jesus kept it gives us both precept and example to do likewise.

Jesus used the Sabbath to preach and bring redemption. Jesus was most active on the Sabbath, to the Pharisees' chagrin and to his Father's delight. He preached and taught on this day (Mark 1:21, 6:2; Luke 4:14-15). And he especially healed on the Sabbath, bringing restoration to such people as the man with the withered hand (Matt. 12:9-14), the demon-possessed man in Capernaum (Luke 4:31-37), the woman bent double for 18 years (Luke 13:10-17), the man suffering from dropsy (Luke 14:1-6), the man born blind (John 9:1-17), and the man who had been an invalid for 38 years by the Pool of Siloam (John 5:1-17). The One that the Old Testament Sabbath signified would come bringing redemption has arrived!

By virtue of his death and resurrection, the Lord transformed the day of rest to the first day of the week. The Old Testament Sabbath was on the last day of the week. Yet with Christ being crucified on Friday, in the grave throughout Saturday (the Jewish Sabbath), and being raised early Sunday morning, we see that the old Sabbath with its shadows and sacrifices died with Christ. But Christ was raised on the first day of the week to show his victory over sin, death, and Satan, fulfilling what the Sabbath Day promised. Sunday then marks a new Christian Sabbath, or the Lord's Day, as he defeated our enemies and delivered us from our sins.

Repeatedly in the New Testament, the Lord indicates that the first day of the week is now the new holy day for Christians. We see this a number of times in the New Testament.
  • When Jesus appeared to his disciples on the first day of his resurrection, Thomas was not there. To overcome his doubts, Jesus appeared to him a week later on Sunday and Thomas worshiped the risen Lord (John 20:24-28).
  • Pentecost is the day the Lord sent the Holy Spirit to the church (Acts 2:1-4). Pentecost was an Old Testament feast day celebrating the first fruits of harvest, and it derives its name from the number 50. By coming fifty days after the Passover, or "on the day after the Sabbath" (Lev. 23:11), clearly Pentecost fell on the first day of the week. The Lord sending his Spirit to the church and reaping a gospel harvest on the first day of the week is significant of his desire for worship and preaching to occur on this day.
  • The New Testament testifies that the early church began meeting on this day for worship, preaching, giving, and prayer (Acts 20:1 1 Cor. 16:1-2; Rev 1:10).
The Lord's Day points us to the great coming Day of the Lord. Hebrews 4:9 tells us that "there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God." Every time we gather as the church for worship on the Lord's Day, we should be reminded, examined, and prepared for the great day of judgment and consummation that yet awaits us as Christ will return (Matt. 25:31-46).
With these reasons in mind, how we should set the Lord's Day apart for worship, rest, mercy, and preparation for heaven to take place!
The disciples established Sunday as the day of rest. They gathered together to worship God on a Sunday, because it was a commemoration to the resurrection day of the Lord, because He came back to life on a Sunday.
So He is the Lord of the Sabbath and it's all about worshiping Him and commemorating His great work of salvation, which He completed on a Sunday.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Hebrews 4:9 - So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. -- which here is the perpetual Sabbath rest to be enjoyed uninterruptedly by believers in their union and fellowship they have in Jesus Christ, in contrast to the weekly Sabbath under the Law.

7seasrekeyed

I think I should interject something here for the sake of the Christian sisters and brothers here who may be intimidated by the animosity that has entered this thread purposefully.

We know in the world there are people who despise us for our faith. When we encounter people like that we should care for ourselves and not permit their abuse. Just walk away. Ignore them. When we encounter that element in opposition to our faith that denigrates the Jewish identity of our Savior we know in that moment someone is deeply discouraged in their own life. We should pray for them. But not feed their need to be invited to abuse our faith further.
When they then turn to mocking our religious holy day, Sabbath, we are able to realize how the prophetic word of God forewarned us to be aware of such souls in deep peril and conflict with themselves first. And pray for them still. But not pay them the invitation to continue further in their disrespect. Why would anyone despise a Jewish Messiah an a holy day others cherish? Perhaps because they are compelled by that which is averse to the truth of God in Christ.

The Sabbath is not irrelevant for Christians as we know. Though there is that element in worldly society that will mock a Jewish Jesus and then claim the Sabbath is for Jews only. They know not because they care not that they are in grievous error. If there is no Sabbath what then do Christians defend as they go to church on Sunday? There's no Sabbath to honor God but we go to church on Sunday to honor God? "We can't be like the Jews"?

Jesus did not abolish the Sabbath. He said the Sabbath was made for us. We were not made for the Sabbath. How is it in error then or us to cherish time to ourselves and shared with our Lord on one day when the worldly matters can not matter. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. Meaning, He is the God that designated the day of rest and communion with his holy spirit. Why would anyone condemn that?
This is a Christian Bible discussion board. Please don't be dissuaded to discuss the Bible topics here. :) Thanks.
Did Christ Abolish The Sabbath?
[...]Most people know the Old Testament Sabbath was on the seventh day of the week—Saturday on the Roman calendar. But that day is for the Jews, they reason. Jesus Christ came to change Sabbath observance to Sunday worship.
Did He?
Early in Christ’s ministry, we find that He taught on the Sabbath day (Mark 1:21; 6:2; Luke 4:31; 13:10). In fact, Luke 4:16 says this was His custom! Mark 2:27-28 say, “And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.” Jesus Christ, the Scriptures reveal, is the Lord of the Sabbath. He made it for you and me!
The word Sabbath or Sabbaths is mentioned 172 times throughout the Bible; 60 of these are found in the New Testament. If Christ had changed the Sabbath day to Sunday, surely He or the apostles who followed in His steps would have explained the change.
Acts 13:14-15 show that the Apostle Paul was teaching in the synagogue on the Sabbath many years after Christ died. In verse 42, after Paul’s Sabbath sermon, many of the Jews who heard him became offended and left. But notice, “the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.” The Gentiles, those who had no prior knowledge of Sabbath observance, asked if Paul could come back the next Sabbath.
Notice what happened: “And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God” (verse 44). Why didn’t the Gentiles ask him to come back on the following Sunday? Because Paul, like Christ, kept the Sabbath.
Notice Acts 17:2: “And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath daysreasoned with them out of the scriptures.” This is now 20 years after Christ died, and we see that it was still Paul’s custom to keep the Sabbath, just as it was Christ’s custom (Luke 4:16).
[.....]

....Followers of Christ
Scholars will reason around it, but the Bible is clear. There simply is no command endorsing any kind of Sunday observance. What God does command is this: “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy” (Exodus 20:8).
The Israelites were commanded to keep the Sabbath. The prophets—described as part of the foundation of God’s Church today (Ephesians 2:19-21)—all kept the Sabbath. Jesus Christ came in the flesh and observed the Sabbath (Luke 4:16). All of the apostles, including Paul, observed the seventh-day Sabbath (Acts 17:2). They followed Christ’s example. And in 1 Corinthians 11:1, Paul said, “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”
Don’t let any man decide what’s right and wrong with respect to the Sabbath. Just follow Christ’s example.

and scripture states that Jesus is our Sabbath. He has accomplished all that we could not and we rest in Him. meaning, we no longer try to be saved through our own works. (unless you are one of those people that think Paul was not really an Apostle or maybe too hard to understand the way so many Sabbath keepers dismiss the following

6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

8See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forcesa of this world rather than on Christ.

9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 11In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the fleshb was put off when you were circumcised byc Christ, 12having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

13When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made youd alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.e

Freedom From Human Rules

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Colossians 2

so we read in the scripture above, that Paul says that those who insist on following OT law have lost connection with the head

that, would be Jesus Himself

the only way those who insist on keeping the Sabbath can ignore the above, which they simply have to do in order to condemn everyone else, is by saying Paul is not legitimate, or too hard to understand, or that was his own opinion etc etc...and I have read all of those excuses on this very forum in op's of similar persuasion in times past

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
The disciples established Sunday as the day of rest. They gathered together to worship God on a Sunday, because it was a commemoration to the resurrection day of the Lord, because He came back to life on a Sunday.
So He is the Lord of the Sabbath and it's all about worshiping Him and commemorating His great work of salvation, which He completed on a Sunday.
Do you have the scripture for that? That the Disciples established Sunday as the day of rest.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Did Constantine change the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday?

Answer: In the year 321 A.D., Constantine decreed, "On the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed"
(Codex Justinianus lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; trans. in Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, Vol. 3, p. 380, note 1). Constantine seems to have made this change himself and not through the papacy, since the papacy had not really come in to being at that time. The papacy grew gradually out of the office of Bishop and for many years this was centered in Rome. In any case, it should be noted that in doing this, Constantine is not changing the Sabbath; he is merely making Sunday the official day of rest for the Roman Empire. His motivation was probably not born out of hatred for the Jews (it's hard to say for sure why Constantine or any historical figure did what they did) but out of a desire to adopt what the Christians had practiced for nearly two and a half centuries.

It is well documented that the early church adopted Sunday as their day of worship. Acts 20:7 speaks of this, "On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people …" and 1 Corinthians 16:2, "On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made." These passages indicate that Christians were probably meeting regularly on Sunday (the first day of the week). They did this most likely because Christ rose on the first day of the week. It wasn't until hundreds of years later that the death of Christ became the focal point of Christian worship services. That is not to say they thought it unimportant; but they were primarily concerned with His victory over death realized in His resurrection.

It is important to remember that corporate worship with other believers is necessary and part of obedience, but the day that your church body chooses to worship on is not really that significant. The New Testament addresses this in a couple of different passages. Colossians 2:14-17 says, "He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross. So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.” Also see Romans 14:5-6, "One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God."

Recommended Resource:
Christianity Through the Centuries by Earle Cairns

Shared with permission

As we can see, the day of worship is intimate and personal to the individual Christian. No one can condemn Saturday as our day of worship. No one can condemn Sunday even though a Roman emperor designated that day of worship for the Christians in the realm that now worshiped free of the former law that persecuted them.

And really, how could anyone in Christ condemn anyone in Christ for their day of choice communing with the Lord? When we walk with God every single day and choose to have one day where we can relax and be in worship without distractions.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The Sabbath day has not been changed from Saturday to Sunday, yet the command to keep the Sabbath day holy, given to Israel under the law, is not binding on the Church under the New Covenant (Colossians 2:16-17).

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
The Sabbath day has not been changed from Saturday to Sunday, yet the command to keep the Sabbath day holy, given to Israel under the law, is not binding on the Church under the New Covenant (Colossians 2:16-17).
Reading chapter 2 of Colossians in the Mounce translation is enlightening.

"God did rest the seventh day from all his works. ... There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God." Hebrews 4:4-9

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Reading chapter 2 of Colossians in the Mounce translation is enlightening.

"God did rest the seventh day from all his works. ... There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God." Hebrews 4:4-9
4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

I used your link to atheist' Bible and even there its clear that the rest that remains for the people of God is not a weekly day.

Wevcles

May 27, 2011
Hello Ostrich smiling. How I can contact to you here privat?

7seasrekeyed

no love lost in your responses obviously

you are quite adept at flaming the forums with your nonsense.

I would still like to know what you do with these scriptures? just ignore them?

6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

8See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forcesa of this world rather than on Christ.

9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 11In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the fleshb was put off when you were circumcised byc Christ, 12having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

13When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made youd alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.e

Freedom From Human Rules

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Colossians 2

so we read in the scripture above, that Paul says that those who insist on following OT law have lost connection with the head

that, would be Jesus Himself

the only way those who insist on keeping the Sabbath can ignore the above, which they simply have to do in order to condemn everyone else, is by saying Paul is not legitimate, or too hard to understand, or that was his own opinion etc etc...and I have read all of those excuses on this very forum in op's of similar persuasion in times past