10 Concise Reasons to Remember the Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

The 10 Commandments are about LOVE to God and neighbour....this BASIC command has not changed and will not change because it is spiritually observed, Jesus and His original Disciples kept them in the NT. Loving God and neighbour will never go out of fashion....they are from GOD who does not change. Why are you calling it the 'jewish sabbath ? We are to focus on the way GOD wants it observed....not the Jews.
I can see we will never reach agreement speaking from different spirits.
speaking from different spirits?

well you said it...as long as you know

if you are serving the OT laws, you cannot serve the spirit of life in Christ Jesus because Jesus has set ANYONE, including the ones to whom the law was actually given, free from the law

if you serve the law, it has a death sentence because you cannot keep the law...and God knew that when He gave the law

those who trust in the law, trust in themselves

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. Romans 8:2

see? that's actually a law in Christ. it can only be spiritually kept. if a person insists on keeping the old law, which was entirely physical, then they are not free from the law of sin and death

well that's what the Bible says anyway

7seasrekeyed

I must admit my friend....you have more patience with them than I have ! Thank you and God bless you ! it will be rewarded one day !
if you consider sniping at people, being exceptionally sarcastic and condescending, twisting what people say and calling names patience, then I might not like to see your other comparisons to the fruit of the Holy Spirit

7seasrekeyed

Perhaps you don't know 'We are ( well some of us) to be conformed to His image !
thing is, you believe that your personal image is the one that others should be conformed to

you don't follow Christ...you follow OT law and frankly, not too well at that

you don't recognize what you do and neither did the ones to whom the law came

they also rejected the truth while thinking they were serving God

this is extremely serious and actually has nothing to do with which day you wish to observe

it has to do with what is becoming increasingly apparent, as a bad interpretation of scripture period and not just a day of observance

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
not sure why you're bringing up Isaiah 57, but there are very obvious connections between it and the book of Habakkuk. judgement for spiritual prostitution. not sure why a person able to boast of such amazing understanding and authority to teach, who considers and keeps "all" of God's word ((see Romans 2:17-24)), could fail to see how they are connected.
probably it is too marvelous for an idiot like post :)

interesting verse here at the end of Isaiah 57, though, with connection to the thread topic:

But the wicked are like the tossing sea,
which cannot rest,
whose waves cast up mire and mud.
(Isaiah 57:20)

no ability to enter rest. like the tossing sea.

this is connected to this:

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.
(Ephesians 4:14-15)

in which tossing about by wind is spoken of being remedied by speaking the truth in love -- which is a stark contrast to veiled curses, deceitful speech and idle slander, biting, and devouring.
in connection to this also, we have:

Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go.
(James 3:4)
James is speaking about the tongue, how that it is a restless ((v.8)) evil full of poison, and that no man can tame it. how that out of the same mouth blessing and cursing should not come.

so i find a thread in the scripture connecting an inability to enter rest to false, unloving speech, to wickedness and deceitful teaching. continuing in Ephesians i see it connected to having lost connection with the Head: who is Christ. losing connection to this Head is also spoken of here:

These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.
(Colossians 2:17-19)

where the scripture relates having lost connection to Christ with, now that the substance is revealed, judging others over shadows, associating such behaviour with being vain, unspiritual & having a false show of humility expressed in demanding strict observance of commandments and proscriptions having to do with the physical body and material regulations of conduct.
these things are connected to inability to enter rest.

in Hebrews we see how that the Law of the Mosaic covenant provided similarly for atonement in a way that could not afford the priesthood opportunity to rest. but ultimately God says they did not enter His rest because of unbelief -- it was not failure to keep the outward signs of the diet and feasts and festivals and sabbaths for which they did not enter Canaan, but because they did not trust God to deliver them.

so inability to enter rest is connected to these things:
  • wickedness
  • vain speech
  • lack of love
  • deceitful teaching
  • judging others over shadows
  • unbelief
  • lack of trust

but whoever has ceased from his own work has entered His rest: the just shall live by faith.
the manna has been gathered; today's portion was given yesterday. :)

Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from Him.
Truly He is my Rock and my Salvation;
He is my Fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
He is my Mighty Rock, my Refuge.
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to Him,
for God is our Refuge.
(Psalm 65:5-8)
Yes, whoever has ceased from his own work has entered into His Rest..

beta

Aug 8, 2016
speaking from different spirits?

well you said it...as long as you know

if you are serving the OT laws, you cannot serve the spirit of life in Christ Jesus because Jesus has set ANYONE, including the ones to whom the law was actually given, free from the law

if you serve the law, it has a death sentence because you cannot keep the law...and God knew that when He gave the law

those who trust in the law, trust in themselves

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. Romans 8:2

see? that's actually a law in Christ. it can only be spiritually kept. if a person insists on keeping the old law, which was entirely physical, then they are not free from the law of sin and death

well that's what the Bible says anyway
There is a little more to it than that. WHICH law are we set free from ? Trad christians think it is the 10 Commandments of God = instructions of how to love God and neighbour.....how can that be bad and abolished ? Jesus has shed a new light on how to observe them in the NT.....He has not abolished any of them.

7seasrekeyed

There is a little more to it than that. WHICH law are we set free from ? Trad christians think it is the 10 Commandments of God = instructions of how to love God and neighbour.....how can that be bad and abolished ? Jesus has shed a new light on how to observe them in the NT.....He has not abolished any of them.

you don't kow?

perhaps being a trad OT law observer has blinded you?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
I must admit my friend....you have more patience with them than I have ! Thank you and God bless you ! it will be rewarded one day !

Thanks for the kind words Beta, but I struggle with patience all the time.

Remember how difficult it must have been for the Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time which had taught doctrines and traditions for centuries, only to have the Word of God, the same God they claimed as their own, expose to them that they had actually been teaching falsehoods for all those years. It was a hard pill to swallow, and they found it easier to just silence and discredit the Word instead of humbling themselves to it.

Jesus said it would be the same today.

You have a great Day Beta:)

beta

Aug 8, 2016

Remember how difficult it must have been for the Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time which had taught doctrines and traditions for centuries, only to have the Word of God, the same God they claimed as their own, expose to them that they had actually been teaching falsehoods for all those years. It was a hard pill to swallow, and they found it easier to just silence and discredit the Word instead of humbling themselves to it.

Jesus said it would be the same today.

You have a great Day Beta:)
Thank you....and you are so right. Truth has fallen in the street and is very hard to lift up !

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
'no instruction other than knowing when it is' ??
never even heard of blowing the trumpet? Psalm 81:3 happens to be part of "
all" scripture...

Numbers 10:10 ?
time of gladness and appointed feast? burnt and peace offerings are commanded - and they include thanksgiving and freewill offerings, and are not atonement offerings.
we know you constantly preach that '
only' the atonement system is removed from us and that we stand under all the rest of the Law given to the those baptized into Moses, so why shouldn't we be making such offerings as these on every new moon?
Once again, you pick and choose your scriptures and miss what is actually said.

1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps.

8 And the sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow with the trumpets; and they shall be to you for an ordinance for ever throughout your generations.
9 And if ye go to war in your land against the enemy that oppresseth you, then ye shall blow an alarm with the trumpets; and ye shall be remembered before the LORD your God, and ye shall be saved from your enemies.

10 Also in the day of your gladness, and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months, ye shall blow with the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; that they may be to you for a memorial before your God: I am the LORD your God.

we know you constantly preach that 'only' the atonement system is removed from us and that we stand under all the rest of the Law given to the those baptized into Moses, so why shouldn't we be making such offerings as these on every new moon?
It isn't me who teaches that the Priesthood has changed, it is the Word which became Flesh. It is not now, nor ever has been, my job to sprinkle blood or deal with the offerings and sacrifices of the Levitical Priesthood. It is the Priest's duties, it was them, and it is being performed by my High Priests even now.

There is a stark difference between how the God of the Bible describes New moons, and how the God of the Bible describes his Feasts.

1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

Notice God is telling Moses to tell the people something, He is not just talking to Moses, and instructing the Priests.

44 And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

Where is the observance of the New Moons? But how would I know when the 14 day of the first month is if I didn't know when the month started.

Will you be corrected? Or just move on to the next trap.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Mark 7 Lexham English Bible (LEB)
Human Traditions and God’s Commandments
... 5 And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not live according to the tradition of the elders, but eat their[i] bread with unclean hands?” 6 So he said to them, “Isaiah prophesied correctly about you hypocrites, as it is written,
‘This people honors me with their[j] lips,
but their heart is far, far away from me.
7 And they worship me in vain,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’[k]
8 Abandoning the commandment of God, you hold fast to the tradition of men.”

9 And he said to them, “You splendidly ignore the commandment of God so that you can keep[l] your tradition. 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’[m] and, ‘The one who speaks evil of father or mother must certainly die[n].’[o] 11 But you say, ‘If a man says to his[p]father or to his[q] mother, “Whatever benefit you would have received[r]from me is corban”[s] (that is, a gift to God), 12 you no longer permit him to do anything for his[t] father or his[u] mother, 13 thus[v] making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down, and you do many similar things such as this.”
Defilement from Within
14 And summoning the crowd again, he said to them, “Listen to me, all of you, and understand: 15 There is nothing outside of a person that is able to defile him by[w] going into him. But the things that go out of a person are the things that defile a person.”[x]

Feb 28, 2016
Jesus Christ is The Spirit of the Law
God is Spiritual and the Law is Spiritual -
and we who love Him serve Him,
in Spirit and in Truth...

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
A person can be a Christian without keeping the Sabbath, or even being aware that the 10 commandments or Sabbath exists.

Being a Christian can be accomplished without knowing all the history behind it, such as the OT.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
A person can be a Christian without keeping the Sabbath, or even being aware that the 10 commandments or Sabbath exists.

Being a Christian can be accomplished without knowing all the history behind it, such as the OT.
So in your view it's ok to take a 'shortcut, avoiding the long hard treck. Does Jesus/Yashua hold that same view ?
Joh 10v1 Verily verily I say unto you 'he that enters not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up some other way, the same is a 'thief and a robber.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017

How can a person by "Christlike" if they don't know who the Christ is? And how can they know who Christ is if they aren't shown.

Rom. 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

beta

Aug 8, 2016
How can a person by "Christlike" if they don't know who the Christ is? And how can they know who Christ is if they aren't shown.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Very true ! when people reject or deny the biblical backgrounf to christian teaching they are starting with a'brand-new belief that has no foundation, they are building their house (faith) on sand. Present-day christianity has been led to follow an imposter from Rome, smuggled in by RCC under cover of darkness. New Christians being still Babes and Infants have accepted this new Apparition without question, having no knowledge or understanding of religious history.....or the pre-existence of Jesus. Cutting themselves off from Israel will lead to their demise.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
patience famously takes a long time to gain :)

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
(Hebrews 10:35-39)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

so speak of Him

beta

Aug 8, 2016
I speak of Him who is also 'Lord of the Sabbath' and have just been told to 'BE QUIET ALREADY' - when quoting one of His sayings. Such is the attitude of the modern christian ! Not much hope of being heard.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I speak of Him who is also 'Lord of the Sabbath' and have just been told to 'BE QUIET ALREADY' - when quoting one of His sayings. Such is the attitude of the modern christian ! Not much hope of being heard.
i know you talk alot about 'the 10 commandments' and a righteousness sought by keeping them.
is that Jesus?

Let it be known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and by Him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the Law of Moses. Beware, therefore, lest what is said in the Prophets should come about:
“‘Look, you scoffers,
be astounded and perish;
for I am doing a work in your days,
a work that you will not believe, even if one tells it to you.’”
(Acts 13:38-41)
Christ does a work that people refuse to believe, even when it is told to them.

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
(1 Corinthians 3:11)
So this is what the Lord GOD says:
"See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation;
the one who believes will never be shaken."
(Isaiah 28:16)