10 Concise Reasons to Remember the Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Things like "Rosh Chodesh" is a "Holy Day" and one of Christ's Feasts, like Passover and Feast of Unleavened bread.
all the other things that you claim I've said are lies, I've never said anything of the sort.

this is a deceptive lies as well, because I've never said the new moon festival is one of His seven annual feast days, that's ridiculous and a false insinuation.
however the new moon festival is commanded in scripture, haven't you read? Numbers 10:10, Numbers 28:11-15, 1 Chronicles 23:20-31, 2 Chronicles 2:4, 2 Chronicles 8:12-13, 2 Chronicles 31:3, Nehemiah 10:32-33, Psalm 81:3..?

how do you not know the very Law you think you can admonish the brothers over? God's name is blasphemed among unbelievers for exactly such behavior!

New moon festivals are described as part of the appointed days in Ezekiels temple vision, ch. 45:17 and 46:1 - where it is treated exactly like sabbath, as it is in Amos 8:5 and 2 Kings 4:23.
and it is in Colossians 2:16-17, where it is spoken of identically with sabbaths and feasts and kosher diet. you say this verse commands to be judged over sabbath, but if that is true it identically teaching to judge others and be judged over all the other things explicitly called shadows.

I'm surprised at you making more false accusations against me, but more so by your ignorance of scripture and hypocrisy over the new moon!

study, dude!
and talk about the passion!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
why ? so you can pull wings off flies ?
no, my elder, but because He created the wings of every fly.
because John 3:14-15 comes before John 3:16

As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up:
that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
It is the Life of Christ that made His Death Special. If you don't understand this, then you don't understand anything about Him.
it is because He is God.
neither Zechariah nor Elisabeth nor Noah nor Paul nor Daniel nor Elijah nor Enoch nor David nor Abraham could have given their lives for the ransom of the world. Isaac's death on an altar would not save you any more than children burning to death in Molech's golden calf would.

do please speak more of who He is, what He has done :)
read Romans 5-8 to me again

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
New moon festivals are described as part of the appointed days in Ezekiels temple vision, ch. 45:17 and 46:1 - where it is treated exactly like sabbath, as it is in Amos 8:5 and 2 Kings 4:23.
and it is in Colossians 2:16-17, where it is spoken of identically with sabbaths and feasts and kosher diet. you say this verse commands to be judged over sabbath, but if that is true it identically teaching to judge others and be judged over all the other things explicitly called shadows.

I'm surprised at you making more false accusations against me, but more so by your ignorance of scripture and hypocrisy over the new moon!

study, dude!
and talk about the passion!
I do strive to get my knowledge from God's Word and not anyone else.

Lev. 23:
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.
4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.
5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.
6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
8 But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

You can read the rest for yourself if you are interested in What Jesus, the Word, says are His Feasts.

41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.
42 Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:
43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
44 And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

Jesus, as the Word, clearly and plainly describes what HE calls His Holy Days or "Feasts". I am OK not to ADD to His Feasts as is customary for religious man.

I only want to point out that the 14th day of the First Month is a Special Day of Christ. I am fine that God wanting the Priests to remind People when God's Months started so they could count correctly and would be gathered, as were the Apostles, on Pentecost.

I am humored by your use of scripture to try and prove Jesus, the Word, made a mistake and forgot one of His Holy Days. It's a good thing you and the Jews are here to correct Him.

Amos 8:
4 Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,
5 Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?

I would consider listening and taking the Christ's Word about His Sabbaths and Feasts, not the Pharisees or the Jews.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I do strive to get my knowledge from God's Word and not anyone else.

Lev. 23:
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.
4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.
5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.
6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
8 But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

You can read the rest for yourself if you are interested in What Jesus, the Word, says are His Feasts.

41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.
42 Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:
43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
44 And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

Jesus, as the Word, clearly and plainly describes what HE calls His Holy Days or "Feasts". I am OK not to ADD to His Feasts as is customary for religious man.

I only want to point out that the 14th day of the First Month is a Special Day of Christ. I am fine that God wanting the Priests to remind People when God's Months started so they could count correctly and would be gathered, as were the Apostles, on Pentecost.

I am humored by your use of scripture to try and prove Jesus, the Word, made a mistake and forgot one of His Holy Days. It's a good thing you and the Jews are here to correct Him.

Amos 8:
4 Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,
5 Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?

I would consider listening and taking the Christ's Word about His Sabbaths and Feasts, not the Pharisees or the Jews.
why are you still beating false witness?

Rosh Chodesh is an appointed day.
no one has ever said it's one of the seven feasts, that's your own totally fabricated lie.

the moon was created on the 4th day.
3 days before He rested from His works.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
it is because He is God.
neither Zechariah nor Elisabeth nor Noah nor Paul nor Daniel nor Elijah nor Enoch nor David nor Abraham could have given their lives for the ransom of the world. Isaac's death on an altar would not save you any more than children burning to death in Molech's golden calf would.

do please speak more of who He is, what He has done :)
read Romans 5-8 to me again
that is the thing. studyman and his group go on and on about everything EXCEPT salvation by Christ alone.

they just throw in Jesus as a little window dressing from time to time, but while Jesus repeatedly pointed at Himself as the way into the Father's Kingdom, they point at the Law and say " that is way in"

amazing.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Don't let the Works of the Levitical Priesthood for atonement of sins the Jews were still pushing on the Gentiles and Galatians confuse you.
physical circumcision is not a Levitical atonement rite.
and it's no more required.

if the intent of it was a physical sign pointing to a spiritual purpose, a shadow that is supplanted by the substance having now appeared, what does that teach about another physical sign the Bible calls a shadow? is it the physical or the spiritual that is needed?

God alone circumcises hearts.
God alone gives rest.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Ruth 3:18
"Wait, my daughter, until you learn how the matter turns out, for the man will not rest but will settle the matter today."

remember Him who is rest for the soul.
keep Him holy

Mar 28, 2016
sorry

we are now in God's family and he considers us His sons and daughters

we are not of those who remain in darkness

God has not hid His face from me. perhaps you need to seek His face as well
That verse is speaking of unbeleivers, No faith,

The point is the word Sabbath is a non time sensitive word. Change it into a time sensitive word destroy the purpose

beta

Aug 8, 2016
that is the thing. studyman and his group go on and on about everything EXCEPT salvation by Christ alone.

they just throw in Jesus as a little window dressing from time to time, but while Jesus repeatedly pointed at Himself as the way into the Father's Kingdom, they point at the Law and say " that is way in"

amazing.
Yashua is not a little window-dressing...if it was not for HIM and what HE has done for us we would all be NOWHERE ! Salvation is by Christ alone - but for what purpose ? so we can continue in the ways we have been living ? Absolutely not....it's to make us into a New Creation conformed to HIS OWN image !!! we are to be changed, converted into His children -God-approved and law-abiding and obedient....something we have NOT been in our old life. Shall we continue in sin ? God forbid !
Being pulled out of the mire (saved) by Jesus and cleaned up (from sinning) is doing no good whatever if we just want to 'wallow in dirt/sin again. We are not adding anything to Salvation that God does not require of us which is to ' get clean and stay clean- stop sinning which is ==transgressing His law/Commandments 1Joh 3v4. But I'm sure you know all that, I should not have to say it....it's in scripture.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Yashua is not a little window-dressing...if it was not for HIM and what HE has done for us we would all be NOWHERE ! Salvation is by Christ alone - but for what purpose ? so we can continue in the ways we have been living ? Absolutely not....it's to make us into a New Creation conformed to HIS OWN image !!! we are to be changed, converted into His children -God-approved and law-abiding and obedient....something we have NOT been in our old life. Shall we continue in sin ? God forbid !
Being pulled out of the mire (saved) by Jesus and cleaned up (from sinning) is doing no good whatever if we just want to 'wallow in dirt/sin again. We are not adding anything to Salvation that God does not require of us which is to ' get clean and stay clean- stop sinning which is ==transgressing His law/Commandments 1Joh 3v4. But I'm sure you know all that, I should not have to say it....it's in scripture.
yes, we are saved to lead a holy life. but, while you and your group obsess over the letter of the Law, we Christians understand that the sermon on the mount is the gold standard of the Christian lifestyle. their is plenty of N.T. Scripture , not to mention the fruits of the Sprit, on how a Christ follower is supposed to live and behave.

oh, and once again, you point to 1st John for command keeping, while ignoring that John said, in the same letter, that the commands he was referring to is believe in the name of the Son, and love one another. nothing about Sabbath, that is your religion's gold standard, but no N.T. command for Christians to keep it....

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
why are you still beating false witness?

Rosh Chodesh is an appointed day.
no one has ever said it's one of the seven feasts, that's your own totally fabricated lie.

the moon was created on the 4th day.
3 days before He rested from His works.
i still can't seem to find anyone who respects this day or is willing to give even one iota of advice or instruction for its observation, despite hearing from 'many' that it is eternally commanded on penalty of death & hell.
The reason the Word which became Flesh didn't give you one iota of advice or instructions on how to observe a New Moon, is because it isn't considered a "Holy Day". It was to be remembered as the beginning of Months so one would be able to know when a "Holy Day" like Passover and Feast of Unleavened begins. This was important to God.

The Jews "created" a Holy Day, gave it a name "Rosh Chodesh" and give it the same stature as Passover. They do the same thing with Hanukkah and others. Christianity does this same thing with Good Friday and Christmas, Sunday, Halloween, etc.

did you have a nice Rosh Chodesh?

Isaiah 66:23 says "one new moon to another" -- you boast of considering "all" God's word, right? while you insinuate all the brethren here don't?

any particular reason you never mention Rosh Chodesh?
any particular reason you seem to ignore it?
The reason I never mention "Rosh Chodesh" is because it isn't a Holy Day of the Christ, the Word which became Flesh.

His Sabbath is a Holy day, Feast of Unleavened Bread are His Holy days, but "Rosh Chodesh" is not. So I speak of the Righteous Works of My Lord, that He created for His People to walk in, but not man made High Days. It is important to know when God's Year starts, but creating a High Day or "Feast unto the Lord" as the Jews did is forbidden. (1st Cor. 10)

The Jews teach it is a Feast of the Lord, and they have created a High Day in honor of it. And you posted their High Day in an attempt to discredit me. It didn't work, so now you are backpedaling. You do that a lot in my opinion.

Your understanding of Rosh Chodesh, in my opinion, is in part, because you have been convinced that the Pharisees were trying to earn Salvation by following God's Laws. This of course is a total falsehood that I have exposed countless times on this forum. But this belief is at the foundation of much of mainstream teaching. The Yoke the fathers couldn't bear was the man made traditions they replaced the Law and Prophets with. This is not my religion, or a continuation of any man made doctrine, but is the teaching of the Christ.

4 For they (Pharisees, not God) bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Not God as you preach)

We will not agree on scripture because we see them in a different Light.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The Jews "created" a Holy Day, gave it a name "Rosh Chodesh"
God created the moon and set it in the sky for times long before the physical sabbath ever existed.
did you not read any of the dozen scriptures I cited to you?

would you rather completely fabricate lies than listen to the truth, just for the sake of arguing? appalling. to think you pat yourself on the back for this nonsense!

2 Chronicles 31:3
[He appointed] also the king's portion of his substance for the burnt offerings, [to wit], for the morning and evening burnt offerings, and the burnt offerings for the sabbaths, and for the new moons, and for the set feasts, as [it is] written in the law of the LORD.

Colossians 2 says exactly the same thing about the new moon festival as it does about sabbath. your private doctrine needs to deal with the fact.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
probably you don't understand what you read. sure seems that way. you ain't even been able to accurately describe any of my 'traditions' - - you just make me the scapegoat of your imaginations, slanderously accusing me of any evil you happen to think of, and i just say Christ has abolished the enmity.

is it because i say that or because i showed you a year ago how you have colossians 2 wrong, and you're consumed with a spiteful, vain grudge?

may you find rest.
I don't believe that God's creation of Holy is "Vain Deceit" or "Rudiments of the World" or "Tradition of men". Jesus didn't let religious men judge Him in His obedience to His Father, and Paul is telling me I shouldn't let you judge me in walking the same walk. Why? Because they are from the Christ, and not man.

I just don't believe Jesus inspired Paul to write Col. 2 so man could reject so much of the Bible.

I don't believe the Pharisees were trying to please God by following His Instructions. I believe they were trying to Earn Salvation by following their own religious traditions not from God.

I don't believe Zechariahs and Saul were following the same God.

You preach these things, though you will probably deny that you do.

I have found His Rest and His Peace. It just isn't the same rest you promote. As it is written.

"But they said "We will not walk in it".

7seasrekeyed

That verse is speaking of unbeleivers, No faith,

The point is the word Sabbath is a non time sensitive word. Change it into a time sensitive word destroy the purpose

so say you

apparently you do not understand the word rest either

going forward, God stopped His work

and we, going forward from the point of salvation, no longer work for our salvation either

there are no rewards for 'works' done in the flesh

apparently, that does not stop many people from trying though

7seasrekeyed

you Sabbath keepers seem eloquent of both adding to scripture and then I guess, by default, adding to what other posters say and then falsely accusing them

it is almost funny the way you seem so...upset...over things like continuing as sinners when no one has said we should do that

your outrage is a false as your interpretation regarding Sabbath keeping

if you actually believe we are a new creation in Christ, why do you insist on keeping covenant with the Israelites?

you absolutely add to salvation and you do not believe Christ's sacrifice is sufficient and that is the danger in your beliefs that you would offend those who are young in Christ...you do exactly what Paul exposed in Galatians

you want a spiritual rebirth but then you want to continue in the flesh

your old wineskins burst a long time ago

notuptome

May 17, 2013
so say you

apparently you do not understand the word rest either

going forward, God stopped His work

and we, going forward from the point of salvation, no longer work for our salvation either

there are no rewards for 'works' done in the flesh

apparently, that does not stop many people from trying though
God rested from the work of creation. God never rests from upholding all of the working of the universe.

Our rest is in Christ. We cease from our righteousness and trust in His righteousness alone.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

God rested from the work of creation. God never rests from upholding all of the working of the universe.

Our rest is in Christ. We cease from our righteousness and trust in His righteousness alone.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

did I say God is doing nothing?

no I did not

keep up with thread...I have stated several times He rested from creation...the Bible states all things are held together by the power of His word

I have also posted several times that our rest is in Christ...and backed it up with scripture

so maybe keep up with the thread if you want to 'correct' others..there is plenty to correct here but maybe start with the Sabbatarians

then again, that's a waste anyway:rolleyes:

notuptome

May 17, 2013
did I say God is doing nothing?

no I did not

keep up with thread...I have stated several times He rested from creation...the Bible states all things are held together by the power of His word

I have also posted several times that our rest is in Christ...and backed it up with scripture

so maybe keep up with the thread if you want to 'correct' others..there is plenty to correct here but maybe start with the Sabbatarians

then again, that's a waste anyway:rolleyes:
I am not disagreeing with you. I know that is something of a shock but you are correct. I do not understand these folks who wish to be bound under the law.

I can only surmise that they want to appear as Jewish. Sabbatarians and Hebrew roots folks are confused and not reflecting the image of Christ in their lives.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

I am not disagreeing with you. I know that is something of a shock but you are correct. I do not understand these folks who wish to be bound under the law.

I can only surmise that they want to appear as Jewish. Sabbatarians and Hebrew roots folks are confused and not reflecting the image of Christ in their lives.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

right

I've picked myself up off the floor

our main contention is the matter of 'tongues' and one or two other things

otherwise I often agree with what you state

sorry for trying to beat you up again :cool: