10 Concise Reasons to Remember the Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
right

I've picked myself up off the floor

our main contention is the matter of 'tongues' and one or two other things

otherwise I often agree with what you state

sorry for trying to beat you up again :cool:
Lets try to keep that our little secret. I know I can depend on you to provide good teaching on the Sabbatarian, NAR and Hebrew roots movements.

Some day you will convert on tongues. LOL

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

Lets try to keep that our little secret. I know I can depend on you to provide good teaching on the Sabbatarian, NAR and Hebrew roots movements.

Some day you will convert on tongues. LOL

For the cause of Christ
Roger
it's the opposite Roger

I converted from a church that was cessationist on the subject of tongues

already did the 180 ;)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I am not disagreeing with you. I know that is something of a shock but you are correct. I do not understand these folks who wish to be bound under the law.

I can only surmise that they want to appear as Jewish. Sabbatarians and Hebrew roots folks are confused and not reflecting the image of Christ in their lives.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
it's a shame that what keeps getting lost in all the bluster is that it's good to keep sabbaths. it's just not good to turn the justification by His grace into a justification of works, forgetting the cross, and not good to judge over shadows.

can't see the needle for all the strawman!

7seasrekeyed

oh cool, so this means you will stop rejecting so much of it?

:D

dawg!!~!

and there you have it post

anti Paul as well...which a person has to be to have the Sabbie position

I don't know if you remember, but one of the longest Sabbatarian threads started by one in this forum, was all about how Paul is not only hard to understand, he also 'preached another gospel' and his writings might all be spurious anyway

so glad this other 'truth' they hold to finally came out

the more you dig, the more wigglies you find

notuptome

May 17, 2013
it's the opposite Roger

I converted from a church that was cessationist on the subject of tongues

already did the 180 ;)
You will return.

Pr 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

But that is for another thread. LOL

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

You will return.

Pr 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

But that is for another thread. LOL

For the cause of Christ
Roger
you are just like Scrooge at Christmas over this subject

bah humbug! :cool::cool::cool:

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
God created the moon and set it in the sky for times long before the physical sabbath ever existed.
did you not read any of the dozen scriptures I cited to you?

would you rather completely fabricate lies than listen to the truth, just for the sake of arguing? appalling. to think you pat yourself on the back for this nonsense!

2 Chronicles 31:3
[He appointed] also the king's portion of his substance for the burnt offerings, [to wit], for the morning and evening burnt offerings, and the burnt offerings for the sabbaths, and for the new moons, and for the set feasts, as [it is] written in the law of the LORD.

Colossians 2 says exactly the same thing about the new moon festival as it does about sabbath. your private doctrine needs to deal with the fact.
Yes, God Created the Moon and the Sun. And religious man has created their own "High Days" in worship of them since the beginning.

We are to recognize God's Creation, like the New Moon, but we are not to worship them. Religious man has done this for centuries. We are to worship the creator, not the creation.

Venerable Day of the Sun, Venus hatching from an egg, Winter Solstice. Religious man has always rejected God's definition of Holy and created their own, thinking that if they just place the name of Jesus or God on them, it makes them Holy.

But Jesus, the Word which became Flesh, forbad such behavior. He created High Days which Honor Him and His Salvation plan.

This is why He didn't include the New Moon as a Holy Day to be observed like Passover and His Holy Sabbaths.

It begins with Passover, not with observance of the moon or stars. Then to Feast of Unleavened Bread which reflects a changed life where rebellion and disobedience is fought against. Then to Pentecost, or Feast of Weeks, 7 Sabbaths which represents the gathering together of His People as the Church, First to be begotten and born as Children of God during the church age. They all foreshadow a future event, many of which have not happened yet.

The purpose of the Feast's of Christ is to show us His Salvation plan which BEGINS with Passover.

God instructed us to honor the New Moon by starting His Year there. Not by turning it into a Holy day. There has to be a first day of the week for there to be a 7th day. We acknowledge there are 7 days in a week, but Jesus only made the 7th Holy. There isn't a 14th day of the month unless there is first a first day of the month. We acknowledge the first day of God's year so we can Honor Him in observance on the 14th day.

That is what the Bible teaches in my view.

I don't think listening to and believe God's Word's is "patting myself on the back". I think it is my "reasonable service".

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
so not Jesus?

because despite your false witness, He and He alone is the only thing i promote.
That maybe true in your own mind. But you teach that the Pharisees were trying to earn Salvation by following God's Commandments.

You didn't get this teaching from the Jesus of the Bible.

You teach Zechariahs and the Pharisees were following the same Laws. You didn't learn this from the Jesus of the Bible either.

So I believe in Jesus, just not the Jesus created by mainstream religions..

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Yes, God Created the Moon and the Sun. And religious man has created their own "High Days" in worship of them since the beginning.

We are to recognize God's Creation, like the New Moon, but we are not to worship them. Religious man has done this for centuries. We are to worship the creator, not the creation.

Venerable Day of the Sun, Venus hatching from an egg, Winter Solstice. Religious man has always rejected God's definition of Holy and created their own, thinking that if they just place the name of Jesus or God on them, it makes them Holy.

But Jesus, the Word which became Flesh, forbad such behavior. He created High Days which Honor Him and His Salvation plan.

This is why He didn't include the New Moon as a Holy Day to be observed like Passover and His Holy Sabbaths.

It begins with Passover, not with observance of the moon or stars. Then to Feast of Unleavened Bread which reflects a changed life where rebellion and disobedience is fought against. Then to Pentecost, or Feast of Weeks, 7 Sabbaths which represents the gathering together of His People as the Church, First to be begotten and born as Children of God during the church age. They all foreshadow a future event, many of which have not happened yet.

The purpose of the Feast's of Christ is to show us His Salvation plan which BEGINS with Passover.

God instructed us to honor the New Moon by starting His Year there. Not by turning it into a Holy day. There has to be a first day of the week for there to be a 7th day. We acknowledge there are 7 days in a week, but Jesus only made the 7th Holy. There isn't a 14th day of the month unless there is first a first day of the month. We acknowledge the first day of God's year so we can Honor Him in observance on the 14th day.

That is what the Bible teaches in my view.

I don't think listening to and believe God's Word's is "patting myself on the back". I think it is my "reasonable service".

2 Chronicles 31:3
[He appointed] also the king's portion of his substance for the burnt offerings, [to wit], for the morning and evening burnt offerings, and the burnt offerings for the sabbaths, and for the new moons, and for the set feasts, as [it is] written in the law of the LORD.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
shared with permission

Are the 10 Commandments Upheld in the New Testament?by David Treybig

Were God’s 10 Commandments abolished in the New Testament? Or does the New Testament continue to teach and uphold all 10 Commandments?

Most people acknowledge that Christians should obey most of the 10 Commandments, including those that prohibit worshipping other gods, murder, stealing, adultery and lying—just to name a few of the instructions spoken by God to the ancient Israelites from Mount Sinai. It is only the Fourth Commandment to keep the seventh-day Sabbath (Exodus 20:8-11) that some claim is not repeated in the New Testament and therefore is no longer required of Christians.

Are all of the 10 Commandments upheld in the New Testament? To answer this question, consider what Christ taught concerning the commandments and the following chart showing the repetition of the commandments in the New Testament.

What Christ taught concerning the 10 Commandments in the New Testament
Christ consistently upheld the 10 Commandments as given in the Old Testament. In His Sermon on the Mount, He very pointedly stated: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17).

Although some mistakenly think that “fulfill” in this passage means to complete and therefore abolish, what Jesus said afterwards shows this could not be the case. Continuing, Jesus said: “For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (verses 18-19).

Realizing that Jesus consistently upheld all of the commandments, including observing the seventh-day Sabbath (Matthew 19:17-19; Luke 4:16), some wrongly suggest that it was the apostle Paul, with Jesus’ personal approval, who introduced grace and the abolishment of the law.

The 10 Commandments given by God in the Old Testament continue to be God’s expectations of Christians today.The truth is that Jesus did not change His mind about the importance of keeping all of the 10 Commandments. As Hebrews 13:8 states: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”

Toward the end of the first century—some 60 years after His death and resurrection—Jesus revealed end-time instructions through John in the book of Revelation. In this book He identifies faithful members of His Church as those “who keep the commandments of God” (Revelation 12:17). Some of the final words of the Bible and this revelation of Jesus Christ likewise state: “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city” (Revelation 22:14).

The 10 Commandments given by God in the Old Testament continue to be God’s expectations of Christians today.

The 10 Commandments in the Old and New Testaments
The following chart identifies references to the 10 Commandments in both the Old and New Testaments.

Old Testament New Testament First
CommandmentExodus 20:3;
Deuteronomy 5:7Matthew 4:10; Luke 4:8; Revelation 14:7Second
CommandmentExodus 20:4-6;
Deuteronomy 5:8-10Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-20; Ephesians 5:5Third
CommandmentExodus 20:7;
Deuteronomy 5:11Matthew 5:33-37; 1 Timothy 6:1; James 2:7Fourth
CommandmentExodus 20:8-11;
Deuteronomy 5:12-15Luke 4:16; 23:55-56; Acts 17:1-2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:9; 1 John 2:6Fifth
CommandmentExodus 20:12;
Deuteronomy 5:16Matthew 15:4-9; 19:19; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; Ephesians 6:1-3Sixth
CommandmentExodus 20:13;
Deuteronomy 5:17Matthew 5:21-22; 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; 13:9Seventh
CommandmentExodus 20:14;
Deuteronomy 5:18Matthew 5:27-28; 19:18; Mark 10:11-12, 19; Luke 16:18; 18:20; Romans 7:2-3; 13:9Eighth
CommandmentExodus 20:15;
Deuteronomy 5:19Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:28; 1 Peter 4:15; Revelation 9:21Ninth
CommandmentExodus 20:16;
Deuteronomy 5:20Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:2510th
CommandmentExodus 20:17;
Deuteronomy 5:21Luke 12:15; Romans 1:29; 7:7; 13:9; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3, 5

For further study, read the articles in this section: “The 10 Commandments and God's Way of Life.”

You’ll also want to see our helpful video series “The 10 Commandments: A Matter of the Heart.”

I love sharing links to other educational resources. It helps to offset that tendency we may have to say in rebuttal to something we disagree with, that's just your take. Many people for quite awhile have researched the word so as to sustain today's people with the teachings of the eternal and holy Word.
Blessings.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
shared with permission

Are the 10 Commandments Upheld in the New Testament?by David Treybig

Were God’s 10 Commandments abolished in the New Testament? Or does the New Testament continue to teach and uphold all 10 Commandments?

Most people acknowledge that Christians should obey most of the 10 Commandments, including those that prohibit worshipping other gods, murder, stealing, adultery and lying—just to name a few of the instructions spoken by God to the ancient Israelites from Mount Sinai. It is only the Fourth Commandment to keep the seventh-day Sabbath (Exodus 20:8-11) that some claim is not repeated in the New Testament and therefore is no longer required of Christians.

Are all of the 10 Commandments upheld in the New Testament? To answer this question, consider what Christ taught concerning the commandments and the following chart showing the repetition of the commandments in the New Testament.

What Christ taught concerning the 10 Commandments in the New Testament
Christ consistently upheld the 10 Commandments as given in the Old Testament. In His Sermon on the Mount, He very pointedly stated: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17).

Although some mistakenly think that “fulfill” in this passage means to complete and therefore abolish, what Jesus said afterwards shows this could not be the case. Continuing, Jesus said: “For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (verses 18-19).

Realizing that Jesus consistently upheld all of the commandments, including observing the seventh-day Sabbath (Matthew 19:17-19; Luke 4:16), some wrongly suggest that it was the apostle Paul, with Jesus’ personal approval, who introduced grace and the abolishment of the law.

The 10 Commandments given by God in the Old Testament continue to be God’s expectations of Christians today.The truth is that Jesus did not change His mind about the importance of keeping all of the 10 Commandments. As Hebrews 13:8 states: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”

Toward the end of the first century—some 60 years after His death and resurrection—Jesus revealed end-time instructions through John in the book of Revelation. In this book He identifies faithful members of His Church as those “who keep the commandments of God” (Revelation 12:17). Some of the final words of the Bible and this revelation of Jesus Christ likewise state: “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city” (Revelation 22:14).

The 10 Commandments given by God in the Old Testament continue to be God’s expectations of Christians today.

The 10 Commandments in the Old and New Testaments
The following chart identifies references to the 10 Commandments in both the Old and New Testaments.

Old Testament New Testament First
CommandmentExodus 20:3;
Deuteronomy 5:7Matthew 4:10; Luke 4:8; Revelation 14:7Second
CommandmentExodus 20:4-6;
Deuteronomy 5:8-10Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-20; Ephesians 5:5Third
CommandmentExodus 20:7;
Deuteronomy 5:11Matthew 5:33-37; 1 Timothy 6:1; James 2:7Fourth
CommandmentExodus 20:8-11;
Deuteronomy 5:12-15Luke 4:16; 23:55-56; Acts 17:1-2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:9; 1 John 2:6Fifth
CommandmentExodus 20:12;
Deuteronomy 5:16Matthew 15:4-9; 19:19; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; Ephesians 6:1-3Sixth
CommandmentExodus 20:13;
Deuteronomy 5:17Matthew 5:21-22; 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; 13:9Seventh
CommandmentExodus 20:14;
Deuteronomy 5:18Matthew 5:27-28; 19:18; Mark 10:11-12, 19; Luke 16:18; 18:20; Romans 7:2-3; 13:9Eighth
CommandmentExodus 20:15;
Deuteronomy 5:19Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:28; 1 Peter 4:15; Revelation 9:21Ninth
CommandmentExodus 20:16;
Deuteronomy 5:20Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:2510th
CommandmentExodus 20:17;
Deuteronomy 5:21Luke 12:15; Romans 1:29; 7:7; 13:9; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3, 5

For further study, read the articles in this section: “The 10 Commandments and God's Way of Life.”

You’ll also want to see our helpful video series “The 10 Commandments: A Matter of the Heart.”

I love sharing links to other educational resources. It helps to offset that tendency we may have to say in rebuttal to something we disagree with, that's just your take. Many people for quite awhile have researched the word so as to sustain today's people with the teachings of the eternal and holy Word.
Blessings.
For Israel the ten commandments have never passed away. For Gentiles they were never binding. Christ gave not a spirit of bondage but the Spirit of adoption to those who come to Him for salvation.

Those who react without thinking will jump to the conclusion that Gentiles were lawless and heathen. Well heathen yes but no more lawless than Israel who had the law but did not obey the law. Much like today when those who claim to walk in grace go back to the bondage of the law to prove their righteousness.

False ascetism is still false and is always false.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
are you not familiar with the scripture that states that Jesus died for us while we were still sinners?

you folks have turned the entire perfect plan of God into an ineffectual work of the flesh

you state the law is spiritual however, why bother to keep the 4th physically if it is all spiritual?

not to mention the other 9

knock knock

enlightenment is calling
If, like you say, the law is spiritual: why do we not keep any of it physically? What is wrong with acknowledging the spiritual aspects of the law while keeping it all physically also. Do you not keep nine of the ten physically now? Why do you condemn as a legalist anyone keeping the fourth commandment? :D

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
For Israel the ten commandments have never passed away. For Gentiles they were never binding. Christ gave not a spirit of bondage but the Spirit of adoption to those who come to Him for salvation.

Those who react without thinking will jump to the conclusion that Gentiles were lawless and heathen. Well heathen yes but no more lawless than Israel who had the law but did not obey the law. Much like today when those who claim to walk in grace go back to the bondage of the law to prove their righteousness.

False ascetism is still false and is always false.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Speak against the new testament and Christ's teachings as you wish. The words of Christ are eternal as he does not change. You should read the article so as to realize Jesus says you're wrong. All the way to the Book of Revelation.
Realize this and repent. For those who keep his commands ....And those who do not, as you hope to teach is proper, Jesus said they shall be called least in the kingdom.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The words of Christ are eternal as he does not change.
amen

but does that mean what you imply it means?
because the same God commanded physical circumcision, and that as the sign of a covenant that still stands rather than the given sign of a covenant that is not.

7seasrekeyed

If, like you say, the law is spiritual: why do we not keep any of it physically? What is wrong with acknowledging the spiritual aspects of the law while keeping it all physically also. Do you not keep nine of the ten physically now? Why do you condemn as a legalist anyone keeping the fourth commandment? :D

oh dear

and it's not even Monday

you have it reversed....it's the Sabbatarians who say it is spiritual. twern't me

please read it again

however yes I do keep certain of the 10 physical

I would most likely be in jail otherwise

on second thought I find your entire post to me...well...confusing...:unsure:

and one more thing...if you can show me one of my posts wherein I stated someone is a legalist and then condemned them for being so, I will send you money for a steak dinner at the restaurant of your choice in whatever hamlet you dwell

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
amen

but does that mean what you imply it means?
because the same God commanded physical circumcision, and that as the sign of a covenant that still stands rather than the given sign of a covenant that is not.
Did the Apostle Paul circumcise Timothy?

Was Jesus circumcised?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Speak against the new testament and Christ's teachings as you wish. The words of Christ are eternal as he does not change. You should read the article so as to realize Jesus says you're wrong. All the way to the Book of Revelation.
Realize this and repent. For those who keep his commands ....And those who do not, as you hope to teach is proper, Jesus said they shall be called least in the kingdom.
I do not speak against the NT or Jesus Christ. I do speak without regard to those who seek to bind heavy burdens on those whom Christ has set free.

Why did Christ give commands if we have the ten commandments of Moses?

Jesus gave commands to love one another. Love them and witness to them of the saving grace He provides. Love them and tell them they must be saved or perish in eternity forever. Our commands are to be witnesses of His saving grace to the entire world. Not to keep the law and the Sabbath that was not ours, Gentiles, from the beginning.

Salvation by grace through faith to the Jew first then to the Gentiles.

For the cause of Christ
Roger