10 Questions Christmas Edition! 🎄🤶🏻🎅🏻🎄✨☃️⛄️❄️⛸️🎁🧸👶🏻

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noel25

Dec 17, 2022
Hey ya'll! Your friend Molly, SimpleSheep, and LittleMermaid is here! Time for a Christmas question post! I really enjoy these because it helps me get to know the new users on here. You can copy and paste my questions and then answer them yourself. Tis the season!

What do you like most about Christmas?
The decorations!

What's your favorite Christmas treat and dish?
Dish - tamales
Treat - oreo balls

Do you have any fun childhood memories of this holiday that you would like to share?
Christmas of 2000, I was 10 years old. My brother and I got a PlayStation. Unfortunately it didn't come with the cords we needed to connect the thing to the TV. We had all these new games to try and we couldn't play the whole day because all the stores were closed! But my mom also got us blankets that year. I'm talking about big San Marcos blankets the way we Mexicans do it. haha. So we sat around the tree sipping hot chocolate, eating tamales and singing Christmas songs while covered in our blankets. Instead of sitting in front of the tv we actually spent more time together as a family. It was a good thing! We still have our blankets. ❤️

Favorite Christmas song?
The First Noel

Name a toy you really wanted Santa to bring you as a kid.
Barbie House

Name something you would like now as an adult.
a new car! lol

What are you most grateful for this season? It could be several things.
Jesus of course. My mom and brother. The rest of my family and friends. The opportunities that have come this year for me. My pets. 🐶🐱

Real tree or artificial?
I love real trees but I prefer for them to stay outside. They have bugs. Give me an artificial one for inside the house. 😅

Do you have any Christmas traditions?
We used to to wait till midnight and put baby Jesus on the outdoor nativity scene outside. We had one of those old blow mold nativity scenes. I love those!

Favorite Christmas movie?
The Santa Clause

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
The mood, the decorations, the childhood memories, the Christmas TV specials.

Dish - Nothing in particular. Ham, turkey, whatever's served is usually pretty darn good.
Treat - Geez, when it comes to food I'm the ultimate omnivore. ANYTHING with sugar and fat! Christmas cookies, applepie, etc, etc.

Do you have any fun childhood memories of this holiday that you would like to share?
Seeing Santa Clause when I was 7. He visited me. (I don't wanna hear anything out of you non-believers!!)

Also, that same year, I don't know if Santa brought this for me or not, but I wanted these mechanical dinosaurs whose eyes lit up red and walked when you turned them on -- and I got them :D

Favorite Christmas song?
Silent Night

Those mechanical dinosaurs, and GI Joes and accessories. Possibly an electric train, too, but my memory's foggy on that one.

A meaningful job, and ... well, maybe I'll leave this second item in my skull :love:

Sounds corny, but at 59, my health, and that my savings, despite my unemployment, has been draining more slowly than expected.

Real tree or artificial?
I love the smell of real trees, but hate to watch them droop and die. So, artificial.

Watching this:

See above (though "Elf" has become a good second).

I also really liked the Twilight Zone ep with Art Carney. That brought a tear to my eye. The man gets the best job in the flippin' world, and he finds a real purpose.

Noel25

Dec 17, 2022
That's actually one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes! I like that it's one of the few that isn't scary and has a good ending.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night

digital diary

vanity set

Jesus of course. My mom and sister. The rest of my family and friends. The opportunities that have come this year for me. My pet 🐶

Real tree or artificial?
I love real trees because they have a real smell and we have a small storage house to fit an artificial tree in there it might get squished so we go for the real ones mmm green 🌲

playing the elephant game
and secret santa

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Family time!

Dish - hmm. That’s tough.
Treat - everything mint! And hot cocoa

We always get together on Christmas Eve. One year, my mom got sick, and so we didn’t have an actual dinner made since she’s the cook. So what did we have? Pizza. Lol

Favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night

Lite Brite

All these bills, present and future, paid 😅

Jesus! And now our little girl will notice all the Christmas lights and decorations. She was a newborn last year. I’m excited to see her face when she notices 😍

Real tree or artificial?
Artificial lol

We open presents Christmas Eve. We used to wait until midnight, but now we don’t make it awake past a certain time lol! When someone gets handed a present, we guess what it could be, and my family will come up with the most ridiculous guesses 😂😂😂

A Christmas Story

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hey ya'll! Your friend Molly, SimpleSheep, and LittleMermaid is here!
Welcome again/back/here! Good to know who Yu Iz. ;)

To your questions... ( and I hope it's still okay for a no-longer-single to participate)

The Incarnation. That sounds like a Jesus juke but it's sincere. Nothing else comes close. ;)

Dish - juicy turkey with cranberry sauce (whole berry, not the jellied abomination)
Treat - eggnog

Getting up really early (2 AM some years) to open my stocking. The rest had to wait until after breakfast.

Favorite Christmas song?
Secular Song: The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting...);
Christian song: Joy to the World

I don't recall. It has been a few years.

My family to have a joyful day.

Again, the Incarnation.

Real tree or artificial?
I love having a real tree because of the aroma, but it is a little more work... and they are getting ridiculously expensive where I live.

I'm usually involved in the music for the Christmas Eve service. Otherwise, just having a relaxing day with family and perhaps friends. I do make an effort to put Jesus at the centre of the celebrations rather than relegating Him to an uncomfortable chair in the corner.

The 1951 version of A Christmas Carol starring Alistair Sim as Ebenezer Scrooge.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
How thoughtful of you to have the formatting already done for us to copy and fill in.

Even atheists have to think about God for a while each year.

Dish - Cheese and eggs. Not even kidding. A family Christmas breakfast just has to have cheese and eggs.
Treat - Used to be eggnog. Then I started making my own boiled custard. Now it's the cheese ball aunt Diane always makes. Cream cheese and ham (and other stuff, like diced onion) beats any other kind for cheese balls.

One year I had three oatmeal can shaped gifts. Bugged the stuffing out of me trying to figure out what they were. Turns out it was three kinds of building blocks. I think they bought the cans from Quaker Oats and relabeled them.

Favorite Christmas song?
Anything I haven't heard 3,000 times every year. One of my greatest delights is finding that a good singer has put out a Christmas album with actual new songs.

Just insert a Transformer or Hot Wheels here. I wasn't very imaginative with what I wanted to get.

I would like to get nothing, or at most a good food. I got no more room for more junk. If someone does give me something I'll have to figure out what to do with it.

Glad that Jesus didn't just give me life, He gave me a reason to live. It really can be a wonderful life, if you find the right reason to live it.

Real tree or artificial?
Can I pick neither? I'm not a big fan of sticking a tree in the middle of the room and putting junk all over it. Christmas lights around the house is fine, but the tree seems a bit much. Having said that... I always haul out the artificial tree because Grandma likes it. I do reserve the right to grumble (just a little bit) about it though.

You bet! On Christmas eve the whole family convenes at Grandma's for snack-based supper - cheese ball, crackers, stuff like that. Christmas morning we all get back to Grandma's for breakfast, then we play Dirty Santa. You just ain't lived until you been to a good ole southern breakfast - cheese and eggs, cheese grits, buttermilk biscuits, bacon, sausage, two or three jars of different kinds of jelly that somebody made... All the things your doctor said not to eat. (Grandma is currently 91 years old, and her doctor has done give up trying to tell her what to eat.)

I'm the local Scrooge on this one. No interest. Although I have observed that with all the times "The Magic Of Christmas" has been almost lost forever, and Santa and friends came through at the last minute to save it... It's a wonder we still have Christmas around. You'd think out of all those times, ONE time the old bearded man would drop the ball and lose it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I would like to get nothing, or at most a good food. I got no more room for more junk. If someone does give me something I'll have to figure out what to do with it.
Side note: I also default to food for gifts I give other people, for the same reason. It's something that can be eaten, not something that sits around for 30 years. (Also there are some really awesome kinds of food out there.)

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Hey ya'll! Your friend Molly, SimpleSheep, and LittleMermaid is here! Time for a Christmas question post! I really enjoy these because it helps me get to know the new users on here. You can copy and paste my questions and then answer them yourself. Tis the season!

The decorations!

Dish - tamales
Treat - oreo balls

Christmas of 2000, I was 10 years old. My brother and I got a PlayStation. Unfortunately it didn't come with the cords we needed to connect the thing to the TV. We had all these new games to try and we couldn't play the whole day because all the stores were closed! But my mom also got us blankets that year. I'm talking about big San Marcos blankets the way we Mexicans do it. haha. So we sat around the tree sipping hot chocolate, eating tamales and singing Christmas songs while covered in our blankets. Instead of sitting in front of the tv we actually spent more time together as a family. It was a good thing! We still have our blankets. ❤️

Favorite Christmas song?
The First Noel

Barbie House

a new car! lol

Jesus of course. My mom and brother. The rest of my family and friends. The opportunities that have come this year for me. My pets. 🐶🐱

Real tree or artificial?
I love real trees but I prefer for them to stay outside. They have bugs. Give me an artificial one for inside the house. 😅

We used to to wait till midnight and put baby Jesus on the outdoor nativity scene outside. We had one of those old blow mold nativity scenes. I love those!

The Santa Clause
IMG_6432.gif
the MUSIC! The old Christmas carols are my favorite, but I also love going to a Messiah concert or a Christmas play.

Me too, TAMALES!

Going to my grandparents’ house when, traditionally, my mom and grandmother would make their various types of tamales—some just plain, some with beans, others with meat and raisins, etc.

Favorite Christmas song?
O Come All Ye Faithful
Angels We Have Heard On High
O Holy Night
Pretty much, I love them all!

A transistor radio
a stick pony

a FIAT (lol!), maybe another cat, one with a fat, (very round) head.

Jesus, family and friends

Real tree or artificial?
Real

We usually like to go to El Dorado, Ark. They do a great job with the quaint old-fashioned decorations and carriage horse rides and music.

the Waltons’ A Christmas Story
Christmas With the Kranks
IMG_6433.gif

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
"... every idiot who goes about with a 'Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart."

Oh, and you guys should all get back to work.

Dec 24, 2022
UK
The warm cosey nights, snow, and lights and the fairytale message of love and goodwill…..Basically all about being like Jesus.

Dish - roast beef with trimmings
Treat- Christmas pudding and brandy sauce

My dad used to dress up as Santa each year and take us to his work for a party. We loved the games and playing at my dads works.
Favorite Christmas song?
ding dong merrily on high

No toys. I wanted A horse.

To be a fully equipped music producer.

Real tree or artificial?
Real. But I like them in pots so they can be planted again.

Yes. I would tell my children stories of Santa coming and my dad would suddenly appear as Santa at the window…
They soon discovered it was their grandad though after a few years.

Anything but the grinch!
34th street was good as I like Richard Attenborough

selahsays

May 31, 2023
"... every idiot who goes about with a 'Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart."

Bah humbug! IMG_5596.gif

selahsays

May 31, 2023
The warm cosey nights, snow, and lights and the fairytale message of love and goodwill…..Basically all about being like Jesus.

Dish - roast beef with trimmings
Treat- Christmas pudding and brandy sauce

My dad used to dress up as Santa each year and take us to his work for a party. We loved the games and playing at my dads works.
Favorite Christmas song?
ding dong merrily on high

No toys. I wanted A horse.

To be a fully equipped music producer.

Real tree or artificial?
Real. But I like them in pots so they can be planted again.

Yes. I would tell my children stories of Santa coming and my dad would suddenly appear as Santa at the window…
They soon discovered it was their grandad though after a few years.

Anything but the grinch!
34th street was good as I like Richard Attenborough
I love this song, too.

Noel25

Dec 17, 2022
View attachment 257638
the MUSIC! The old Christmas carols are my favorite, but I also love going to a Messiah concert or a Christmas play.

Me too, TAMALES!

Going to my grandparents’ house when, traditionally, my mom and grandmother would make their various types of tamales—some just plain, some with beans, others with meat and raisins, etc.

Favorite Christmas song?
O Come All Ye Faithful
Angels We Have Heard On High
O Holy Night
Pretty much, I love them all!

A transistor radio
a stick pony

a FIAT (lol!), maybe another cat, one with a fat, (very round) head.

Jesus, family and friends

Real tree or artificial?
Real

We usually like to go to El Dorado, Ark. They do a great job with the quaint old-fashioned decorations and carriage horse rides and music.

the Waltons’ A Christmas Story
Christmas With the Kranks
View attachment 257639
I love The Waltons! I just started watching the series a while ago. It's become a favorite now. I liked the movie too!

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
The change in the mood/ attitude of normal everyday people, Getting together with family, the music and decorating

Crock pot hot chocolate,
We dont actually do any specific Christmas meal, we try to take it easy on Christmas. Most of the time mom will make french toast dusted with powdered sugar though.. its good :)
My mom and I would go each year to pick a christmas tree (dad didnt want to come help..hes a grinch) when it came down to it, mom always let me choose and i always chose the fattest fullest tree i could find in our price range.
Favorite Christmas song?
Christmas Canon by Trans Siberian Orchestra,
The Christmas version of Hallelujah, O Come O come Emmanuel
A mocking bear (it recorded and repeated you) I did get it one year.
A massage (life has been stressful lately)

The grace God gives us in the midst of our problems, time with my Grandmother (she has 3 types of cancer and her health is very unpredictable)
Real tree or artificial?
Real will always be my favorite, but we chose to buy an artificial one about 4 years ago to save money and less mess and I just felt bad killing such beautiful trees. I very much enjoy the convenience of the artificial one.
Every year we have a family get together a few days before Christmas to celebrate together with all the siblings and nieces and nephews and food and gifts and just alot of happy people loving on one another.

On Christmas morning, My mom, Dad , Younger brother and I still to this day start the day off by reading the account of the birth of Christ in Luke 2 and then praying and thanking God for the gift of his Son and the gift of salvation and for the gift of family.
The Walton's Homecoming
The 1966 version of How the grinch stole Christmas.

This was fun !! Thanks Noel25

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

Exactly Ebenezer!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Actually, Christmas is my favorite time of year. My son Hezekiah loves Christmas too. Every summer we pick a day and play Christmas music all day.