10 Reasons Clay Should Be in Every Mama's Cupboard

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
10 Reasons Clay Should Be In Every Mama’s Cupboard | Modern Alternative Mama

I saw this article about clay, and I thought you guys might find it interesting. I didn't even think clay is edible. But according to this article, not only is it edible, but beneficial for you.

Take this in with a grain of salt, since I've never experimented with clay before. Though the clay mask does sound nice, since I suffer from blackheads and acne.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
For thousands of years young boys have gotten screamed at by their mothers for playing in and invariably consuming quantities of dirt.........now they decide it's good for us?

S

ServantStrike

For thousands of years young boys have gotten screamed at by their mothers for playing in and invariably consuming quantities of dirt.........now they decide it's good for us?
You are coming dangerously close to saying mom isn't always right.

Angels fear to tread where you are right now my friend...

G

Grey

I wonder what you eat it with :p very interesting though!

E

ecchapman

***Edited***

Last edited by a moderator:

lydever91

Aug 5, 2011
We purchase redmond's clay. I remember the first time we bought it, I put it in some dinner I made. My oldest loved the idea of eating dinner that was thousands of years old.

We even combine it with Himalayan salts, Shasta water, and olive oil for a "mud" to help us. Help with what? Anything that's wrong pretty much.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i've got bags of diatomaceous earth here. my wife's family has been using it for generations and i'm a new-ish convert.

it makes an excellent unguent for insect bites or rashes from poisonous plants, if applied quickly, and detoxifying food supplement. we've never used it for killing bugs but i've heard it's good for that too. it's basically an absorb-all that's safe to eat (provided you get good clean stuff without any chemical additive - "food safe" - there's some sold as anti-bug dust that has other things in it).

mmm, that's good dirt =] it tastes a little lemony.

out of dust we were made, to the dust we return.