116th Congress With More Women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
In the News today is the revelation that there are more women serving in Congress than ever before. Yes, I do believe this is a good thing, and that it shows that women are gaining in Equal Rights in the workplace. God bless them.

Do you sense a "but" coming? Yeah........

But!

It was also revealed that because many of those women are also mothers, the Congressional Leadership (Dems) made changes to how the Congress would operate. No votes will be held BEFORE 1 PM, nor AFTER 7 PM. Allowing the Congresswomen who are mothers a better chance to care for their children I suppose.

Why is this a concern?

It is a concern for me simply because it goes beyond Equal Rights, and establishes Special Rights. What it REALLY says (imho) is that women are not able to preform their Duties in Congress unless they receive special treatment that men did not require. This same thing happened with Blacks/Minorities........when they received Equal Rights......the Liberals established a "dummy down" policy for Test Scores, and Affirmative Action. Which basically told blacks that given the same opportunities as whites, they were not smart enough to compete with them.

Now, God bless the Equal Rights Acts for Minorities and Women.........but these Special Rights only end up serving to reveal that the Liberals do not believe that Minorities or Women are capable of competing with white men in Education/Work place settings.

Any woman who chose to run for Elected Office SHOULD HAVE had in place a plan to address the issue of child care IF they won the election. Why on earth would they not have?

Catch grief or not......my thoughts, because I think the Liberals are doing a disservice to the Congresswomen by saying they can not handle the responsibilities of the job they were elected to do without Special Treatment

The number of women in Congress hits a record high after 2018 ...

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
More woman in congress. As long as they got their fairly, I don't care one way or the other.
If the rules are stacked against men, then that's a problem.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The problem is..........Congress, nor any other Institution/Corporation should have to change their Rules of Employment to accommodate a specific group of people.

Equal Opportunity means just that. Equal! If a person knows they can not perform their duties without special changes that were not necessary before, then they should not seek the position.

Equal is equal........equal isn't special to accommodate some.

I care for the reason I stated. IMO, it is a slap in the face of women for Congress to have done this.

Feb 28, 2016
PR,
do you think the women/mother's are for or against?
in the long-run, it won't matter a whit, role dis-placement in this day is
the norm, and will never be recaptured and 'put-back' into God's Holy pattern...

until'...

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
PR,
do you think the women/mother's are for or against?
in the long-run, it won't matter a whit, role dis-placement in this day is
the norm, and will never be recaptured and 'put-back' into God's Holy pattern...

until'...
I don't know..........

I would hope that SOME women would see what is really happening, but, in this age of entitlement society, who knows? Just as with minorities, the hand outs are far too enticing for anyone to care about how it belittles them to make them a lifestyle.

anyway...........